Highlighted
Oct 09 2012
By: Destinkeys Uncharted Territory 1712 posts

Is the US the main victim of server problems?

22 replies 446 views Edited Oct 9, 2012

Having tons of trouble today. But looking at the lobby list, most active rooms seem EU or JPN, not too many US rooms. Is it the US bearing the brunt of this?

Message 1 of 23 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Re: Is the US the main victim of server problems?

Oct 9, 2012

Could be your timing.  Most people are at work or school during the day.   I'm sure more NA rooms will jump up after 5pm. est.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 23 (429 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44900 posts

Oct 9, 2012

The annoying black screens seem to be more universal, for now.

Message 3 of 23 (412 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I was on in a USA room earlier this AM and we experoenced a little delay before the Start of each race.  Other than that, all was good except I wasn't fast enough.  Guess I can't blame that on Sony/PD.  Haha.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 4 of 23 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 11, 2012

zeedesertrat wrote:

we experoenced a little delay before the Start of each race

that's what I see most of the time too.

race starts, but after a black screen for a few seconds.

the game appears to be having difficult getting ALL of the room's participants to start at the same time, so it makes those who it is having an easier time wait for a few seconds while the the rest connect properly.

so the black screen itself is actually a good thing, but a symptom of something not working behind the scenes.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 5 of 23 (354 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44900 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:
that's what I see most of the time too.

race starts, but after a black screen for a few seconds.

the game appears to be having difficult getting ALL of the room's participants to start at the same time, so it makes those who it is having an easier time wait for a few seconds while the the rest connect properly.

so the black screen itself is actually a good thing, but a symptom of something not working behind the scenes.

On Monday, I waited with a black screen and when the countdown started, it went live again.

Whew!

I was the only car stuck without being able to move at the start, so I don't know if your diagnosis is 100% correct.

Message 6 of 23 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 11, 2012

no, it's definitely not 100% correct, as I've seen that too.  one racer in a bunch might get stuck unable to start the race, and appears to just sit thre at the start while everyone else races away.

but I think I may be thinking of something that was close to two weeks ago now... before this announcement thingy.

if the system cannot resolve the problem within a certain amount of time, it may "dump" that one player it can't connect.  in the circumstance I'm thinking of, it ws someone from across the pond and was disconnected from the game shortly thereafter.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 7 of 23 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I race GT5 in Europe,  Australia and Hong Kong as I have accts in all these regions. I've noticed these regions not having as many issues with disconnects in GT5 and  in PS Home. I think the main reason for issues here in the NA region is so many users from other regions are here. Overcrowded servers, along with a maintenance thats not so great, makes for an unstable network.

Message 8 of 23 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 13, 2012

The connection issues are not 100% Sony’s or PD’s fault, there are PS3 users connecting with outdated equipment. Take the time to upgrade to a Gigabit router CAT6 cabling and your network experience will be far better. DSL users can make gains by upgrading their connection from the modem to the ISP gateway to 22AWG twisted pair data cable. Use foil tape on the junction box outside to prevent stray signals from interfering with your connection quality. Ferrite chokes on all cables including the outside connections from your ISP helps. Gaming experience is only as good as the slowest connected machine. If we all work towards a better quality connection to our ISP then we gain a higher quality connection on a global scale to the things we like to use our internet connections for. For the na Sayers this in not a costly thing to do and you’ll save some money on the way to a better connection. Use http://www.speedtest.net/ for your reference

Don't assume you have a good connection confirm it. Your package speed is not the guarantee you have a quality hookup.

Message 9 of 23 (292 Views)
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Couple questions;

what is considered outdated equipment?

What is minimum speed required to get a decent connection?  Just tested mine at 1.3Mbps.  I;m thinking that's not good enough.

Any suggestions how to get faster service out in the country?  Would a wireless 4g system work?

and on that bombshell.....
Message 10 of 23 (266 Views)
0 Likes