Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Re: Is the GT by Citroen Race Car worth it?

Apr 19, 2011

Why is HP so important to everybody? lol

It obviously won't be good for certian events but maybe one day it'll be useful in a seasonal time trial or bonus race, or you could just enjoy it for fun

Yes, you can play with them. Smiley Wink
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 16 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Apr 20, 2011

Pyrotek8 wrote:

phulcrum wrote:

No, you should win it.  A free GT by Citroen is so much better than one that costs 5.5 million.

How good is the GT by Citroen Concept?

tankresize

it's a different drive, as it doesn't have any gears.. it's electric.  not a bad grip, good handling even though it's 1400kg (around 3000+ pounds i guess).

now the big downside is the battery finishes VERY fast.  i couldn't finish the monza 10 laps in the dcc, the battery died after 7/8 laps.  i could barely finish the tokyo and la sarthe, and in nurburgring 3 laps i put the power down to 60%, was lucky it rained.. and used brakes very little, leaving the accelerator for very long distances.  but if i had gone full power and full speed, the battery would have died shortly after the first lap.

also, the acceleration at lower speeds is a bit slow, it does have quite a high top speed tho; it's a bit crappy overall since the engine is really never brutal... so it doesn't power turn much when u accelerate in a curve.

on a good side note, it doesn't require any oil changes, engine rebuilds, or any type of engine mod.

my garage: http://www.mygranturismo.net/19932
Message 12 of 16 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Apr 20, 2011

The road car is the only one worth buying in my opinion.

1971 Camaro
Message 13 of 16 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Apr 20, 2011

Nope!

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 14 of 16 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Apr 20, 2011

..it's a good handling car but not worth buying...I won mine in B Spec and barely use it......if you don't have it spend your money on the Madza 787.....a fine car with excellent response and speed.....

Message 15 of 16 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
63 posts

Apr 20, 2011

The Citroen GT Race Car was the very first car I purchased when this game came out. I grinded for days to reach the amount of money I needed to purchase it. Regardless of whatever anybody says, it's a great car. But it definitely is not the fastest.

If you plan to use it to race against cars that are in the similar performance points range, you'll probably wipe the floor with most of them on courses where there's a lot of tight corners or medium turns. That car just sticks like glue when it comes to cornering at high speeds. It's more of a technical racer than a speed demon. It won't win against a 787B or Zonda R. So think of what race you'd like to race this car in and check out what types of cars it can go up against. You'll enjoy racing against them. This is my favorite car and the main reason I purchased this game. I've got 5 of them which 4 of them I purchased from winning credits. The other one I won in B-Spec.

If you're looking for a super fast car then look elsewhere. But if you know what cars this thing can go up against and you wanna compete against those, then give this car a whirl. You won't be dissappointed. Just know the tracks it's good at and practice on those. Remember, if a car can't reach it's potential high-speed to overtake you, then you're pretty much on equeal grounds. Now your racing with skill.

Message 16 of 16 (197 Views)
0 Likes