Fender Bender
3260 posts

Re: Is GT5 ever going to come out?

Apr 29, 2010

MastrGT wrote:

Since we now have a tentative release season target, I'll be socking a few hundred bucks away soon, for their premium package. I'm hoping about $500 should cover most or all of it (GT4's was about $300US, but that was more than half a decade ago).

What expectations do you have for a premium package?

Message 31 of 50 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44886 posts

Apr 29, 2010
The only expectation I have is that it will be "big" enough to be expensive. Just what that means exactly, I have no idea. I just want to be ready.
Message 32 of 50 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Apr 29, 2010

Whoa!   Just found the crystal ball( the other is normal)........................GT5 will be released in Japan at the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) and later in the holiday season for the rest of the globe. Smiley Surprised (PSYCHE)   (WILD SPECULATION)  Well, perhaps not so wild.  It would follow the same type of scenerio that we have seen in the past from Sony......Japan FIRST (Of Course) and then SCEE and SCEA at Christmas time (Perhaps as was suggested "packaged up" in a "GT5/PS3 Bundle) .  Smiley Wink  Oh the agonyof waiting......after ONLY nearly 6 YEARS!   Makes you wonder, "Whut 'th hell they waitin' fer, ........Christmas?"

Message 33 of 50 (11 Views)
0 Likes
VxF
Uncharted Territory
1891 posts

Apr 30, 2010

I really don't care a whole lot at this point.

GT4 was really a bit of a letdown - it was not, in any way, an improvement on the series.

GT5P is just not that great. Great graphics... but no damage and the whole online/mplayer part of it just stinks. Same old GT-like problems with dumb AI. Rubber-banding spoils a lot too....

I hear little about better AI and proper damage modelling (which I really want) and a lot about NASCAR (which I despise). 

Plus, PD has to make a game that is truly better to justify the time it took. Frankly, not buying GT5 out of spite is looking a lot less self-defeating today than it did three years ago, when I was already considering it.

My advice is - if you truly love virtual racing, stop hurting yourself waiting for GT, tell SONY and PD to **bleep** off like they deserve.

Photobucket
Message 34 of 50 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12272 posts

Apr 30, 2010

VxF wrote:

GT4 was really a bit of a letdown - it was not, in any way, an improvement on the series.

GT5P is just not that great. Great graphics... but no damage and the whole online/mplayer part of it just stinks. Same old GT-like problems with dumb AI. Rubber-banding spoils a lot too....

I hear little about better AI and proper damage modelling (which I really want) and a lot about NASCAR (which I despise). 

Plus, PD has to make a game that is truly better to justify the time it took. Frankly, not buying GT5 out of spite is looking a lot less self-defeating today than it did three years ago, when I was already considering it.

My advice is - if you truly love virtual racing, stop hurting yourself waiting for GT, tell SONY and PD to **bleep** off like they deserve.

GT4 set the standard for car count. Also, the 'Ring and La Sarthe... nothing noteworthy about those. Granted GT4 didn't have the online that would have made it relevant to this day, but why didn't online make it? Impatience.

GT5P is only hampered by what it lacks. Also, we're breaking full stride in to the online era, so the AI should matter less and less. Despite that, the most recent videos, and comments by KY, specifically regarding the AI, suggest noticeable improvements in that area as well.

With a little patience, maybe we could've got more out of Prologue. Still, nothing else on the market touches its graphics, which will be a major sales driver. Among console racers, it still also has the better physics, which means it has the most realistic driving experience, which is the core of any driving game, particularily one labelled a 'simulator', and without those top notch graphics and physics, the other games just don't cut it.

My advice, don't feel hurt by a delayed video game, and have some respect for the difficult nature of video game design, especially when working on the cutting edge. Instead of preaching and acting like you know better than the people who are designing the game, accept the reality of the situation of a probable fall release, and don't get over emotional. It's just another game, and there are tons of other ones out there, as you originally intended to point out.

What good will avoiding GT do? It will just make this temporary delay a permanent one, for yourself. If the sales of Prologue and GTPSP (and the downloads of the demo) are any indication, PD won't miss you at all.

DriverSports.org
Message 35 of 50 (11 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Apr 30, 2010

VxF wrote:

We've seen some improvement about the AI, video showing AI changing direction in order to avoid a wreck. We've seen videos on damage, and I am still not sure about wether or not it will be that good. Personally, don't care about physical damage that much, but still would like scratches when having a good door to door fight. But smashing the car? Don't care. Engine failure, and flat tire, as we've all already discussed about, would be a feature I would enjoy. 

About nascar, I'm not really looking forward to it, but let's give them the chance to show us what they have done with it, it's racing so it should be fun.

I would think that a game that has taken this long to do should be a great game. About telling them to *bleep* off just sounds ridiculus. If you don'T want this game, all you got to do is NOT buying the game. There are still many people looking forward to this game, despite delays, and for must of us, we'd rather wait for a masterpiece than playing a piece of crap.

Message 36 of 50 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12272 posts

Apr 30, 2010
Message 37 of 50 (11 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Apr 30, 2010

ForgetfuI wrote:

I remember I said that wasn't improved AI, but for some reason I thought people were talking about the blue GT-R. That's definitely an improvement, my apologies.

Message 38 of 50 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

May 1, 2010

VxF wrote:

1)  O.K., so you don't care, then why post?

2) There are a lot of people globally who bought the game that would greatly disagree with you. You have underestimated the game, IMO.

3) GT5Prologue is not intended to be a full release game, but was intended to "TEST" the online portion to work out the problems prior to the release of GT5.

4) Not that I am a fan of everything that is projected to be included in the final GT5 game release, but I am willing to be flexible about it. You sound as though you just posted to slam the game in front of all of the GT Forum Fans.....really not a popular idea.  As far as improved AI and damage modeling, Go to the Official Gran Turismo Website and peruse through the videos and teasers...you'll see damage being implemented. As far as improved AI, well, just like anything else, it is a wait and see scenerio. Check out the GT website. You can get there by clicking on the link below my sig.

5) Since you appear to be a critic on racing sims, what part of "the best game platform racing sim" and "flagship racing game" for the Sony Playstation did you forget to read?   The GT5P game is already a "greatest hits" with only being out for 2 years. quite an accomplishment for a "demo" or a "Beta".  Not too many other games out there can boast that.  For what we have at the moment, we have creatively utilized it for more than Sony/PD had in store.  There is orgaized online racing with a third party chat system in place that lets people communicate in real time while racing.  Not too shabby for innovative Ideas.

My Advice is - wait a little longer to see what PD has to offer.  If you are disappointed, then trade the game in and go elsewhere.Smiley HappySmiley Wink  

Cheers,

Message 39 of 50 (11 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

May 1, 2010
Message 40 of 50 (11 Views)
0 Likes