Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/27/2009
Offline
182 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

One thing I realized is that most of the cars will be the ones in GTPSP which are in GT4

 

So basiclly its going to be a GT4 with GT5P graphics and more tracks and about 200 new cars

 

I hope its not like that but all the evidence leads to this (how will you use all the cars in GTPSP if there not already in the game and theres about 800 cars is GTPSP and GT5 is supposed to have 1000 cars so 200 will be the new ones and the rest will be GT4 cars

 

Kind of sucks for a game thats been in development for so long

 

Im still going to get but it is very good to set th ebar low for me so if my prediction is wrong then I will be very happy

 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GT5p BMW Club

http://bmwc.userboard.net/forum.html

Message 61 of 75 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/04/2009
Offline
1695 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010
One thing I can't understand is all this criticizing of GT5, because it hasn't even been released yet.

If your going critique this game now, and find out that all the shortcomings you thought the game would have are non-existant, then you'll just look like a fool.

Wait. And. See.
Message 62 of 75 (4 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
93 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

Gran Turismo 5 is a big game. It takes a long time for Kaz and his crew to work on the game. This is not like Forza which Dan Greenawalt and his crew release their installments after two-three years, this is when he decides to develop a game and you, GunCrazy, can't rush him to finish the game. I'm still getting it and I can still wait. If you think this game will fail, you will be just as stupid as the Street Fighter fanboys.

Message 63 of 75 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12271 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010

If you want to feel left out in the cold, try moving north of the border. I don't even get the Netflix and video store that you have. Sure it's something to complain about, but damned if my PS3 hasn't provided me with endless hours of entertainment. There are other games you know?

 

I guess you just can't see the forest for the trees.

 

I too was anxious for a GT4 release that had online, and other things. I too was disappointed to hear they were pulled, and that pulling them was the reason for the delay (talk about a double edged sword). But the fact of the matter is I enjoyed the heck out of GT4, and I still am to this day, because the majority of the game is pretty decent. Better than what else was available on the same console.( Lets not forget here, that there are people, like me, who choose one console over the other, for more reasons than just one game. There are a lot of things other console makers do that I don't agree with.) 

 

If you were really burned that bad by G4, maybe you are a little slow... ow hot... ow hot... ow hot... stop touching it! But, here we are again, on the kusp of a new GT, and you're still hanging around the kitchen, looking at the element as it heats up.

 

Now, I know you like to paint me as a fanboy, but I do think PD deserves criticism, especially over Prologue. Heck even over GT4. Maybe a longer delay of GT4 would have been a good thing. Of course having more functionality for Prologue would be great. But it's over and done with. I would hope, since they're in the home stretch with GT5, that they've long since stopped working on Prologue. Now if we could just get the LPM to do a better job... but even despite recycled events, we've proven that both games can be enjoyed for many hours a week. We just happen to do a little bit more work on the PC, at this time.

 

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't own an Xbox, nor, by brilliant deduction, do I own any forza game. But, I am on record as saying that you're also an idiot if you don't own that game, if you have the console for it. Just because I say GT5 has hands down the best graphics doesn't mean Forza's are bad. In fact, I just recently voted on cool cars to be added to FM3, along with the rest of the Jalopnik.com community. I wrote: "I don't own an Xbox, nor, by brilliant deduction, do I own forza 3, and frankly I'm a little jealous. But I'm here to vote for the coolest cars I see, with all my heart" That comment was promoted by their Editor, Ray Wert. I'm not the bad guy here.

 

What gets me is the constant bashing of GT. Prologue, 4, 5, TT demo... It's more than just good graphics. The physics are evolving nicely. The track's we've gotten recently are interesting (Daytona and Indy! Potentially Spa!) and there's even good competitions for all of those games. We bust our asses to try and fill in the gaps that Prologue left, and it's paid off immensely, and will continue to pay off in the future. I can't imagine heading in to GT5 without a good strong community behind me. I'm certain most of the people bashing GT have never given the TPRA a chance, especially recently.


With all the doom and gloom and awful things you listed, I'm surprised you would crack, having put up with all of that, and also being so close to the release. There's no reason to think the game shouldn't be spectacular. They're not pulling online this time. Every thing we see looks amazing. Is it too much to swallow that maybe the game came back from QA testing with some bugs, and they had to open the hood to fix'em? If so, isn't that worth it? Really, the rational, adult thing to do, for someone feeling the way you do, is to just ignore it, and then take a look at it when it does release.

 

I don't care what you think of me. I'm enjoying the game I play, and looking forward to the game that is coming, regardless of the speed bumps along the way. I know you probably don't give two licks what I think of you, but I'd rather be labeld a fanboy than be painted as bitter troll, who's boycotting what could be the best racing game of our generation.

 

Sure, this community and GTP might make up a big chunk of the active players, but even smaller still is the number of people who would actually be bitter enough to follow though on a boycott of a video game over a delayed release, especially a major title like GT, and ignore one of the best titles, in the genre they love, for a console they own... Just step back and ponder actually walking past GT5... you know they'll have it playing on the consoles in store...

DriverSports.org
Message 64 of 75 (4 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/11/2006
Offline
3586 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010

Pyro6000 wrote:

DesertSniper72 wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

The funny thing is, even the OP with all his doom and gloom responses of the situation will be one of the first in line to buy it.


Took the words right out of my mouth. 


I love how often this assumption gets thrown around.

 

Without knowing the person and his day-to-day life, how can you even guess when he'll buy a game that he's already labeled a failure?


 

Because that's generaly how people are.  He's obviously upset because he has to continue to wait for the game, so that means he's anxious for it to come out.  He saw the March Japan release date, knew the game would be released in other countries a few months afterword and got himself anxious knowing it's probably not much time left.  When the new release came out that Japan's release date go canceled, it's back to a indefinate postponement TBA date, that burst his bubble, made him mad so he came out here to vent and say the game is a failure.

 

If PD game out with a news release next week saying the game would be released worldwide in June 2010 for sure, I'd bet your next pay check he'd be at the store to buy it that day.  Cause regardless how much he bad mouths it, he wants this game.  There would be no other reason for him to be in the GT section of the forum boards otherwise.

 

Once you live long enough and get to know the basic personalities of people in general, it's obvious.

 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 65 of 75 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/11/2009
Offline
102 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010
I forget that not everyone would pick up that I was joking.  The use of fanboy was necessary for the character of the joke.  Those with dumb or illogical arguments will typically attack their opposition with equally dumb labels.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Message 66 of 75 (4 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/11/2006
Offline
3586 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010

Akhkharu wrote:
I have to come to the OP's defense here as I see too many of you GT fanboys ignoring the writing on the wall.  By not coming out last Christmas this franchise has doomed itself to failure.  There was millions of people ready to buy GT5 last year and with good reason.  1000 plus cars to race on around 100 tracks with 16 total on the road at the same time.  While we don't have official word yet you would have to imagine some of the best damage, livery system, online race options, etc to hit a console let alone the gaming world to date.  But that time has passed.  I just don't think you have the same number of racing fans in 2010 that you had in 2009.  PD just missed the boat and all of those gamers will probably just skip it to race whatever POS the competition puts out after working on it for a year.  You had your shot PD, maybe if we all get bored playing subpar racing games we'll give you a shot if we see you on the bargain bin..maybe.

 

I disagree with you.

 

Yes a further delay makes more people disappointed and less interested at the time, but I'll bet once the game is sitting on the store shelves ready to buy, those same people will be like, "oh wow, this game is finally out, took long enough"  But in the end they're still taking the game to the counter and buying it.  Once the game finally comes out all is forgotten and people will buy it anyway cause their excited that it's finally out and they can finally play it.

 

Are you telling me that you'd be so upset over the delays and how long it's taking that the next time you walk in Gamestop in August 2010 and see GT5 sitting on the shelf your response will be, "well this game finally came out, but I'm not going to buy it now cause I was too upset it took so long"?  I bet you pick it up off the shelf with a smile on your face, buy it, and rush home as fast as you can to play it!!  You know you will!!

 photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 67 of 75 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Offline
12271 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010

Now, excuse me, after an afternoon of GT4 TTs and rallying, I'm off to enjoy my evening, as Pyro suggested. I will do so by signing on to TS, Q'ing for tonight's GT5 Prologue race, and getting in on some practice sched events, then racing until I drop.

 

Tomorrow, I think I would like to do some Online GTPSP racing. It's been a little while, and it's quite fun to be able to jump in any random car, and blast away on any track, really quickly. You don't even have to drive if you don't want to, since you can let Smilin' AI Bob take over.

Message Edited by ForgetfuI on 02-03-2010 04:46 PM
DriverSports.org
Message 68 of 75 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2006
Offline
5105 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010
Call me a fanboy, don't care. I recognize some issues that PD is responsible for in some games but ultimitely they've always put out the best product. Ive owned the other console and Forza 1 and 2. They were very good games and if i had a 360 i would buy 3 and just as i did Forza 1 and 2, i would spend many hours on the game, almost as much as GT, almost. And the reason GT would theoretically get more time is just because while the Forza game was always a top notch product, it always felt a bit off, the cars balance between friendliness and realistic handling was somewhat lopsided. The graphics were always good but they always looked a bit "animated" for lack of a better term, that is to say they looked great but not like pictures as GTs would(in recent times). Forza did have better engine sounds. At the end of the day though it was a great game but despite how good it was, it wasn't as refined as GT. Forza always tried and had the time to catch up but missed the mark.

GT5 has been delayed but given how great its going to be(no one can doubt that in their right mind if they've played any GT game before) its still going to garner an extremely high number of sales, even if there are any number of misguided attempts by disappointed confused fans to boycott its release. Its alright to be mad, but the ultimate reason Kaz delays the game is for us, because he wants a much better product that WE'LL appreciate. Its cool to be a bit peeved about the delays, thats natural when you want something this bad but to get agitated to the level of a boycott is not only a bit ungrateful but also derivative to you by way of you not having a great game. Just be patient, the great comes to those who wait. The key to this and many things is to never get too swept up in hype.
Message 69 of 75 (4 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/27/2009
Offline
182 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010

ForgetfuI wrote:

If you want to feel left out in the cold, try moving north of the border. I don't even get the Netflix and video store that you have. Sure it's something to complain about, but damned if my PS3 hasn't provided me with endless hours of entertainment. There are other games you know?

 

I guess you just can't see the forest for the trees.

 

I too was anxious for a GT4 release that had online, and other things. I too was disappointed to hear they were pulled, and that pulling them was the reason for the delay (talk about a double edged sword). But the fact of the matter is I enjoyed the heck out of GT4, and I still am to this day, because the majority of the game is pretty decent. Better than what else was available on the same console.( Lets not forget here, that there are people, like me, who choose one console over the other, for more reasons than just one game. There are a lot of things other console makers do that I don't agree with.) 

 

If you were really burned that bad by G4, maybe you are a little slow... ow hot... ow hot... ow hot... stop touching it! But, here we are again, on the kusp of a new GT, and you're still hanging around the kitchen, looking at the element as it heats up.

 

Now, I know you like to paint me as a fanboy, but I do think PD deserves criticism, especially over Prologue. Heck even over GT4. Maybe a longer delay of GT4 would have been a good thing. Of course having more functionality for Prologue would be great. But it's over and done with. I would hope, since they're in the home stretch with GT5, that they've long since stopped working on Prologue. Now if we could just get the LPM to do a better job... but even despite recycled events, we've proven that both games can be enjoyed for many hours a week. We just happen to do a little bit more work on the PC, at this time.

 

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't own an Xbox, nor, by brilliant deduction, do I own any forza game. But, I am on record as saying that you're also an idiot if you don't own that game, if you have the console for it. Just because I say GT5 has hands down the best graphics doesn't mean Forza's are bad. In fact, I just recently voted on cool cars to be added to FM3, along with the rest of the Jalopnik.com community. I wrote: "I don't own an Xbox, nor, by brilliant deduction, do I own forza 3, and frankly I'm a little jealous. But I'm here to vote for the coolest cars I see, with all my heart" That comment was promoted by their Editor, Ray Wert. I'm not the bad guy here.

 

What gets me is the constant bashing of GT. Prologue, 4, 5, TT demo... It's more than just good graphics. The physics are evolving nicely. The track's we've gotten recently are interesting (Daytona and Indy! Potentially Spa!) and there's even good competitions for all of those games. We bust our asses to try and fill in the gaps that Prologue left, and it's paid off immensely, and will continue to pay off in the future. I can't imagine heading in to GT5 without a good strong community behind me. I'm certain most of the people bashing GT have never given the TPRA a chance, especially recently.


With all the doom and gloom and awful things you listed, I'm surprised you would crack, having put up with all of that, and also being so close to the release. There's no reason to think the game shouldn't be spectacular. They're not pulling online this time. Every thing we see looks amazing. Is it too much to swallow that maybe the game came back from QA testing with some bugs, and they had to open the hood to fix'em? If so, isn't that worth it? Really, the rational, adult thing to do, for someone feeling the way you do, is to just ignore it, and then take a look at it when it does release.

 

I don't care what you think of me. I'm enjoying the game I play, and looking forward to the game that is coming, regardless of the speed bumps along the way. I know you probably don't give two licks what I think of you, but I'd rather be labeld a fanboy than be painted as bitter troll, who's boycotting what could be the best racing game of our generation.

 

Sure, this community and GTP might make up a big chunk of the active players, but even smaller still is the number of people who would actually be bitter enough to follow though on a boycott of a video game over a delayed release, especially a major title like GT, and ignore one of the best titles, in the genre they love, for a console they own... Just step back and ponder actually walking past GT5... you know they'll have it playing on the consoles in store...


 

Im not bashing PD GT is my favorite game of all time I have all the GT games released in North America

All im saying is that if its going to be an HD version of GT4 than that shouldnt take forever


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GT5p BMW Club

http://bmwc.userboard.net/forum.html

Message 70 of 75 (4 Views)
Reply
0 Likes