Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/03/2005
Offline
4679 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

DesertSniper72 wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

The funny thing is, even the OP with all his doom and gloom responses of the situation will be one of the first in line to buy it.


Took the words right out of my mouth. 


I love how often this assumption gets thrown around.

 

Without knowing the person and his day-to-day life, how can you even guess when he'll buy a game that he's already labeled a failure?

Message 51 of 75 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/25/2009
Offline
224 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010
No of course not GT5 is not a failure when the game hasn't been released yet. The only time you can know if it's a failure is after the game is released, just like anything else even with movies. Once SCEA announces an official release date for GT5, the momentum and anticipation will grow even more bigger.
Message 52 of 75 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/19/2009
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010
I myself, love GT, but they so need to stop making a release date before they are done. Make the game, then tell us a release date! Seriously! If the game was finished before you opened your mouth, people wouldn't be pissed for long delays. I also dont get the "make as much money as you can on the first day" crap. Ohh, lets wait and release it then. If the game is good, people that give a crap will buy it whenever it comes out. I love gaming, but it is way too stupid now than it used to be. Too much money been spent on this stuff. Cost more to make a great game, than a movie! STUPID! The world is like it is now cause of stupid stuff like this that happens everyday. Someone out to make a buck!
Message Edited by Carbonox_Ratchet on 02-03-2010 07:23 PM
Message Edited by Avara on 02-03-2010 02:30 PM
Message 53 of 75 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/11/2009
Offline
102 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010
I have to come to the OP's defense here as I see too many of you GT fanboys ignoring the writing on the wall.  By not coming out last Christmas this franchise has doomed itself to failure.  There was millions of people ready to buy GT5 last year and with good reason.  1000 plus cars to race on around 100 tracks with 16 total on the road at the same time.  While we don't have official word yet you would have to imagine some of the best damage, livery system, online race options, etc to hit a console let alone the gaming world to date.  But that time has passed.  I just don't think you have the same number of racing fans in 2010 that you had in 2009.  PD just missed the boat and all of those gamers will probably just skip it to race whatever POS the competition puts out after working on it for a year.  You had your shot PD, maybe if we all get bored playing subpar racing games we'll give you a shot if we see you on the bargain bin..maybe.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Message 54 of 75 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 05/06/2008
Online
12272 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

Pyro6000 wrote:

DesertSniper72 wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

The funny thing is, even the OP with all his doom and gloom responses of the situation will be one of the first in line to buy it.


Took the words right out of my mouth. 


I love how often this assumption gets thrown around.

 

Without knowing the person and his day-to-day life, how can you even guess when he'll buy a game that he's already labeled a failure?


It would take a sad, bitter, shallow person, with a heart as black as coal, and half the size of the Grinches orginial ticker, to be interested enough in a game to frequent its forums, to follow news of it daily, to weigh-in heavily with your own opinions about how it should be, to wait with baited breath for each demo and sneak peek, only to boycott over a delayed release, to not even give the developers the opportunity to finish their work. 

 

What we have seen is worth the wait. It's hands down better than anything on the market, just in graphical terms. But, GT is just a racing game, and as we're all familiar with, there are plenty of alternatives on the market right now. That's part of the reason why PD is taking so long. They could release a mediocre game every two years, (and they did, with Prologue) or we could show a little decency and respect for the people trying to build the greatest racing game of all time, and we can wait a few more months.

 

Sure it's exciting and interesting, but if you can't control your own emotions over the delayed release of a video game, you have some serious growing up to do.

 

I prefer to say it a different way... If you own a PS3, you're an idiot if you don't buy it.

 

 

DriverSports.org
Message 55 of 75 (6 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/04/2006
Offline
3627 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

@Authoer,

GT5 has never been delayed in North America/Europe

 

I'm sure 100 other people told you this already 

Photobucket
Message 56 of 75 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
1972 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

Akhkharu wrote:
I have to come to the OP's defense here as I see too many of you GT fanboys ignoring the writing on the wall.  By not coming out last Christmas this franchise has doomed itself to failure.  There was millions of people ready to buy GT5 last year and with good reason.  1000 plus cars to race on around 100 tracks with 16 total on the road at the same time.  While we don't have official word yet you would have to imagine some of the best damage, livery system, online race options, etc to hit a console let alone the gaming world to date.  But that time has passed.  I just don't think you have the same number of racing fans in 2010 that you had in 2009.  PD just missed the boat and all of those gamers will probably just skip it to race whatever POS the competition puts out after working on it for a year.  You had your shot PD, maybe if we all get bored playing subpar racing games we'll give you a shot if we see you on the bargain bin..maybe.

I hate that term, "fan boy", and I don't think anyone here who refuted the OP's  post are what I would use that term to describe.

 

The basic idea that people will not buy the game, for whatever personal reason, because it has been delayed, or has taken "X" years to produce, is pretty ridiculous.  You may, and the OP may elect not to purchase the game in a fit of pique, or whatever, but most people will buy it, fan boy or not. 

 

And,  I'd be willing to bet, soon after it's release, the OP will be here again complaining about some aspect of the game thereby indicating he bought it.  I'd guess this would apply to 90% of those who came here complaining about the delay and saying they would not buy it.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 57 of 75 (6 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/04/2006
Offline
3627 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

greyghost2 wrote:

Akhkharu wrote:
I have to come to the OP's defense here as I see too many of you GT fanboys ignoring the writing on the wall.  By not coming out last Christmas this franchise has doomed itself to failure.  There was millions of people ready to buy GT5 last year and with good reason.  1000 plus cars to race on around 100 tracks with 16 total on the road at the same time.  While we don't have official word yet you would have to imagine some of the best damage, livery system, online race options, etc to hit a console let alone the gaming world to date.  But that time has passed.  I just don't think you have the same number of racing fans in 2010 that you had in 2009.  PD just missed the boat and all of those gamers will probably just skip it to race whatever POS the competition puts out after working on it for a year.  You had your shot PD, maybe if we all get bored playing subpar racing games we'll give you a shot if we see you on the bargain bin..maybe.

I hate that term, "fan boy", and I don't think anyone here who refuted the OP's  post are what I would use that term to describe.

 

The basic idea that people will not buy the game, for whatever personal reason, because it has been delayed, or has taken "X" years to produce, is pretty ridiculous.  You may, and the OP may elect not to purchase the game in a fit of pique, or whatever, but most people will buy it, fan boy or not. 

 

And,  I'd be willing to bet, soon after it's release, the OP will be here again complaining about some aspect of the game thereby indicating he bought it.  I'd guess this would apply to 90% of those who came here complaining about the delay and saying they would not buy it.


Exactly
 
That said, I don't care if the OP or whoever else feels like him don't buy it
There are plenty of great racing games.

Need For Speed
Grid
etc.
 
Get those *shrugs* 

 

Photobucket
Message 58 of 75 (6 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010
hell no kiddo, it is impossible to fail a game b4 it is released. The game will sell well BACAUSE OF THE DELAYS. i mean look at GTPSP it was delayed for 6 years and its a great game. GT5 TT almost made me soil myself at the view of the astonishing graffics. studies show that games sell almost alwayse better than anticipated when they have delays and the proffits they make due to it are astronimical. not to mention the final product will be more than any1 could hope for (nascar fan). now if you can come up with an argument to as why the game will fail we shall talk otherwise crawl back in your cave troll.
Message 59 of 75 (6 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/03/2005
Offline
4679 posts
 

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 3, 2010

ForgetfuI wrote:

Pyro6000 wrote:

DesertSniper72 wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

The funny thing is, even the OP with all his doom and gloom responses of the situation will be one of the first in line to buy it.


Took the words right out of my mouth. 


I love how often this assumption gets thrown around.

 

Without knowing the person and his day-to-day life, how can you even guess when he'll buy a game that he's already labeled a failure?


It would take a sad, bitter, shallow person, with a heart as black as coal, and half the size of the Grinches orginial ticker, to be interested enough in a game to frequent its forums, to follow news of it daily, to weigh-in heavily with your own opinions about how it should be, to wait with baited breath for each demo and sneak peek, only to boycott over a delayed release, to not even give the developers the opportunity to finish their work. 

 

What we have seen is worth the wait. It's hands down better than anything on the market, just in graphical terms. But, GT is just a racing game, and as we're all familiar with, there are plenty of alternatives on the market right now. That's part of the reason why PD is taking so long. They could release a mediocre game every two years, (and they did, with Prologue) or we could show a little decency and respect for the people trying to build the greatest racing game of all time, and we can wait a few more months.

 

Sure it's exciting and interesting, but if you can't control your own emotions over the delayed release of a video game, you have some serious growing up to do.

 

I prefer to say it a different way... If you own a PS3, you're an idiot if you don't buy it.


Let me put it this way... I've been burned twice now.

 

GT4 had so many bugs and letdowns that I regret buying it. How many of us waited through the delays, with a positive attitude, only to have online and drag racing dropped at the last minute? How many of us expected a bug free game because it was PD, and with all that time it took, it had to be perfect? You can praise it all you want, but GT4 was a disaster in my eyes. (And IIRC, the least popular GT thus far)

 

When the next-gen thing happened, the decision between the PS3 and XBOX 360 was an easy one for me. The PS3 is more powerful, and it has Gran Turismo.

As it turns out, the PS3 has untapped power, and only the idea of Gran Turismo. I waited and waited for the PS3 to come out, and paid full retail for it when I finally found one. I downloaded GT-HD, whoohoo, a time trial. Yay. I downloaded the GT5P demo. It showed potential.

 

I bought GT5P. Burned through the single-player, as I suspected would be short, and was welcomed online with a large number of desirable races to choose from. Not the private rooms I was expecting, but whatever. Then as the game was updated, Spec 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, the online selection dropped considerably. The online selection, was nearly nothing, and nothing I wanted to race. What the hell?

 

The GT TTC came out. just like GT-HD, it has one track, but only 2 cars. If you're the fastest in North America, you get to go to the Indy 500. Kinda coool I guess... But if you're the fastest in Europe, you get a chance to become a real race car driver. Wait... What? If you're 2 seconds per lap faster than the fastest Euopean driver, you go to the Indy 500, while he's getting the chance to drive a real race car. Wow.

 

My biggest problem with PD isn't their products, it's their attitude. They delay game releases, but still drop important features. They hold great contests, but only if you live in the right place. The official Gran Turismo forum has no official Gran Turismo staff on it, at least none that post more than twice a year. They regularly update GT5P's online race choices, but few people care anymore. (I bet you this forum and GTP makes up over 70% of the online population.)

 

It's sad that you can become so obscessed with a game series that you would put up with all of that crap. I come here regularly not for GT info anymore, but for entertainment. Is there any new GT info? Nope. Is the new GT info anything worthwhile? Nope.

 

I regret buying my PS3. For less than the money I paid for it, I could have bought an Oppo BD player that is almost as useful to me. (PS3 has Netflix now) I will not be selling my PS3 or buying Gran Turismo. I guess that makes me an idiot, among other things. (As listed in the quoted post) Then again, a delayed release isn't my only reason, as stated slightly above.

 

Another thing that gets me is the constant (Yes, it is constant) bashing of Forza. No, the graphics aren't as pretty, but shiney sparkly graphics alone do not make a racing game fun. What's worse is that I'm guessing that none of the people bashing it have even given it a fair chance. If they have even played it, all they've done is one or two races, pointing out every reason they can think of that it's not Gran Turismo. Sad.

 

Now, as this turned into a little bit of a rant, I might as well make a few predictions. As of last I knew, Forgetful had 3 kudos on the quoted post. That will turn into 5 or 6 before this thread is gone, partially because of this post. Next is whoever replies to this one. I'm guessing 3-5, mostly the same people that kudo'ed Forgetful. The previous two predictions rely on this next prediction at least partially falling through. This post will be either hacked to bits, or deleted altogether.

 

Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

Message 60 of 75 (6 Views)