Uncharted Territory
1550 posts

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 1, 2010
All I'm saying is has the time for GT5 passed before it even gets released? I have a feeling it will be pushed back to 2011.
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 31 of 75 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Feb 1, 2010

guncrazy56 wrote:
All I'm saying is has the time for GT5 passed before it even gets released? I have a feeling it will be pushed back to 2011.

cool story bro.  good thing your feelings don't matter

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 32 of 75 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Feb 1, 2010

Hi imported thread people!

HongoXIII wrote:
The Time Trial demo had over 1 million downloads  in what, 2 weeks? Yeeeeah... That sure is a failure.

That was just Europe!

Even GT5 Prologue sold over 4 million copies world wide. GT is healthier than ever, and poised to take its biggest step, in to the world of full online gaming. This is HUGE!!!

GT5 will be relevant, whenever it comes out. Just because some people are impatient has no bearing on the final quality of the product, and we're dealing with one hell of a high quality product. Do yourself a favour and take a good hard look at the over  8 megapixel screeshots that have already been release. They are incredible, especially at full size.

You can kick and scream and deny reality all you like, but the truth of the matter is that is has taken 5 years. That's just what it takes. You're still a fool if you don't buy GT5, when it comes out, no matter how angry you are now. How is your life affected not having GT5 right now? There's plenty of GT to play, as evidenced by how active this forum is. It's just a racing game...

DriverSports.org
Message 33 of 75 (9 Views)
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Feb 2, 2010

Even if GT5 would be pushed back to 2011, or dare I say it, 2012, I think this would be the best racer of all time.

Now I'm no video game history buff, but I think that more people play Gran Turismo.

I mean, GT is a massive hub for racers. Even if this game doesn't have damage, it doesn't add in gimmicks for it.

Gran Turismo is superior to any racer. I love GT so much. I still play the original one on the original PlayStation.

I also have played Forza extensively and I was impressed, but not like I will be with Gran Turismo.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the feature to paint/vinyl/sticker your car.

That's my opinion on the matter. By the way, I will buy GT5 the moment it comes out. I mean literally at 12:01 AM.

Message Edited by shungokusatsu on 02-01-2010 05:12 PM
Dead Space 2 Signature
Message 34 of 75 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 2, 2010
If any GT game comes out on the date we were told it would be released im NOT buying it.  IT'S A FAKE!  We all know polyphony requires at least 4 delays minimum before they actually release the game.  I still remember the sweet year and a half I had gt4 on pre-order with no definate release date, those were they days
Photobucket
The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but rising everytime we fall
Message 35 of 75 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
718 posts

Feb 2, 2010

Is GT5 already a failure? "NO"

The world has turned in to a I want it now society. We are getting sucked in.

With Gran Turismo it seems there are some that say give it to me now, I don't care if it is any good, I'll complain about it later "gea-me".

Then there others who want GT5 to be all it can be. The creator of Gran Turismo Kazunori Yamauchi  has a vision like all artist, of what the finished version will be. Then he sees something it needs, A shadow here a highlight there, to make the finished work a little better.

Now with the events here at the GT forum. I am having a great time with GT5P and rediscovering GT4 with the wheel. I am happy to wait and see what the artist has in store for GT5.

artist:

Main Entry: art·ist
Pronunciation: \?är-tist\
Function: noun
Date: circa 1507

1 a : one skilled or versed in learned arts

b : physician

c : artisan
2 a : one who professes and practices an imaginative art

b : a person skilled in one of the fine arts
3 : a skilled performer; artiste
4 : one who is adept at something

photo 20131225_185628_zpsdv5taxs_edit_1390149277506_zpsaxe1tvvv.jpg
Message 36 of 75 (9 Views)
Fender Bender
4330 posts

Feb 2, 2010
ootenaaten, because of your post, I think that all staff of PD and Sony are artists.

Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 37 of 75 (9 Views)
Wastelander
718 posts

Feb 2, 2010

rouward wrote:
ootenaaten, because of your post, I think that all staff of PD are artists.

Message Edited by ootenaaten for KUDO clarity on 02-02-2010 12:59 AM

Message Edited by ootenaaten on 02-02-2010 01:01 AM
 photo 20131225_185628_zpsdv5taxs_edit_1390149277506_zpsaxe1tvvv.jpg
Message 38 of 75 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Feb 2, 2010
Nicely written Ooty, and very on-target. You too, have the vision of what Gran Turismo is, and what it can and will be. Unfortunately some others have no vision and strive to create negativity in every post they make. This game franchise never was a failure, and never will be. Instead it is the most involving game series that many of us have ever encountered. When GT5 Full drops, it boggles my mind to think of all the things we can and will do with it. Just look what we have done with GT4 and GT5 Prologue. I am eager with anticipation, to work with this masterpiece that has been created for us all.  
 photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 39 of 75 (9 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Feb 2, 2010

PapaWarlock wrote:

guncrazy56 wrote:
How can you guys act like there is no issue here? I bet when it does come out there will be major online lag issues, and gameplay bugs that hurt your gaming experience. Maybe not but I think its likely to happen unfortunately.

You constantly post nothing but inane and massively innacurate doom threads and you want to know why no one takes you seriously? Have you actually looked at your own posts? Your only point seems to be to rile up as many posters as you possibly can, and laugh behind your monitor. I've pointed out your hypocrisy more than once and you fail to respond to it. You also fail to reasonably back up any of your statements, nor respond to any post that actually is able to counter your stance effectively. Instead you continue to cry foul at the people who belittle you. I've seen you also state on more than one occasion that people here have ruined your online reputation. I'm sorry but there's only one person responsible for your reputation. That's you.

You claim you play for no other reason than to justify your purchase of a $600 console and you think anyone here has sympathy? I mean honestly, if you can't stand anything that you play, or hear about or experience then there really is no way you can possibly continue to game. If a game annoys me, I stop playing it. Why is it so hard for you to stop playing if everything disgusts you? I sure as heck wouldn't continue an activity that bored, annoyed or disgusted me, no matter how much money I spent on it.

Gaming is great. If you can't enjoy your hobby, then you need a new one. 

Probably one of the most poignant posts I've read in a long time, Kudos! 

I only have to say to the O.P., Perhaps it would be better for you to leave society, move into a cave and sulk. It seems as though it would be well suited to your personality, judging by your posts.  Isn't it possible for you to post something "positive"? We have some people here on the GT Forums that like to post negativity like yours, but I can't mention any names as that would be flaming. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy 

Message 40 of 75 (9 Views)