Jan 29 2010
By: guncrazy56 Uncharted Territory 1550 posts

Is GT5 already a failure?

74 replies 1105 views Edited Jan 29, 2010
My take is the constantly delays have killed any interest in this game. What was once slated for a March release is now pushed back until later this year? I'm sorry but this is just unacceptable at this point. My prediction is this will tank in terms of GT sales, for the simple fact many have lost interest and have moved on. Sony really shot themselves in the foot. Its issues like this is what I have been talking about. 6+ YEARS and still no game is just unacceptable. This of course in turn further damages the PS3 imo.
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 1 of 75 (1,105 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1550 posts

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Jan 29, 2010
Ok the GT forum is top 10....That is a very small % of gamers keep in mind.
Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content.
Message 2 of 75 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Jan 29, 2010

I wish we had user tags here. I'd give you "Mr Negativity".

Look... Delays happen, deal with it. Yeah the game is almost six years in the making, so what? You can't rush perfection. If you've played a GT game, you'd know how much attention to detail goes into each release.. GT5 is content complete, the latest delay is most likely due to some kind of unspecified bug. It happens, many games get pushed back because of unforeseen circumstances. The game will still sell well.. GT3 was a summer release and sold millions, if GT5 gets pushed to the fall it will sell that much better. It's wishful thinking on your part that it will tank, you give no examples of why it will fail other than the delay.. Delays don't cause games to tank, sure it may take a bit of a hit in sales, due to people shifting interests. But, you're way off base, way too pessimistic like always.

Message 3 of 75 (1,105 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jan 29, 2010

guncrazy56 wrote:
My take is the constantly delays have killed any interest in this game. What was once slated for a March release is now pushed back until later this year? I'm sorry but this is just unacceptable at this point. My prediction is this will tank in terms of GT sales, for the simple fact many have lost interest and have moved on. Sony really shot themselves in the foot. Its issues like this is what I have been talking about. 6+ YEARS and still no game is just unacceptable. This of course in turn further damages the PS3 imo.

xx years of how old you are & still no common sense is just unacceptable.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 4 of 75 (1,105 Views)
Wastelander
948 posts

Jan 29, 2010
This game is not 6 plus years in development... it's approaching 5... they didn't immeadiately start on it when GT4 was done. That's because the Ps3 wouldn't be out for 2 years.
Message 5 of 75 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2748 posts

Jan 29, 2010
GT5 is not a failure.  It is widely accepted as the best racing sim, and since it has no real competition (Thinking of a certain game claiming to be a sim, its #3 of a series) there isn't any point in not perfecting everything.  If it comes out 2 years from now people will still buy it.  I disagree.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 75 (1,105 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Jan 29, 2010

guncrazy56 wrote:
Is GT5 already a failure?

Evidently. 
Message 7 of 75 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Jan 29, 2010

guncrazy56 wrote:

I'd rather have a game that has no issues, thus the delays, same thing with GT4 it was late, but worth it...

try here for info...

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=granturismo

Message 8 of 75 (1,105 Views)
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Jan 29, 2010

Anddo wrote:

I wish we had user tags here. I'd give you "Mr Negativity".

Look... Delays happen, deal with it. Yeah the game is almost six years in the making, so what? You can't rush perfection. If you've played a GT game, you'd know how much attention to detail goes into each release.. GT5 is content complete, the latest delay is most likely due to some kind of unspecified bug. It happens, many games get pushed back because of unforeseen circumstances. The game will still sell well.. GT3 was a summer release and sold millions, if GT5 gets pushed to the fall it will sell that much better. It's wishful thinking on your part that it will tank, you give no examples of why it will fail other than the delay.. Delays don't cause games to tank, sure it may take a bit of a hit in sales, due to people shifting interests. But, you're way off base, way too pessimistic like always.

Or better yet, the option to block users posts, that one finds offensive?

Message 9 of 75 (1,105 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1073 posts

Jan 29, 2010

guncrazy56 wrote:

You scare me.

Message 10 of 75 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes