Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3554 posts

Re: Is GT5 already a failure?

Feb 4, 2010

Pyro6000 wrote:

Let me put it this way... I've been burned twice now.

GT4 had so many bugs and letdowns that I regret buying it. How many of us waited through the delays, with a positive attitude, only to have online and drag racing dropped at the last minute? How many of us expected a bug free game because it was PD, and with all that time it took, it had to be perfect? You can praise it all you want, but GT4 was a disaster in my eyes. (And IIRC, the least popular GT thus far)

When the next-gen thing happened, the decision between the PS3 and XBOX 360 was an easy one for me. The PS3 is more powerful, and it has Gran Turismo.

As it turns out, the PS3 has untapped power, and only the idea of Gran Turismo. I waited and waited for the PS3 to come out, and paid full retail for it when I finally found one. I downloaded GT-HD, whoohoo, a time trial. Yay. I downloaded the GT5P demo. It showed potential.

I bought GT5P. Burned through the single-player, as I suspected would be short, and was welcomed online with a large number of desirable races to choose from. Not the private rooms I was expecting, but whatever. Then as the game was updated, Spec 2.1, 2.2, 3.0, the online selection dropped considerably. The online selection, was nearly nothing, and nothing I wanted to race. What the hell?

The GT TTC came out. just like GT-HD, it has one track, but only 2 cars. If you're the fastest in North America, you get to go to the Indy 500. Kinda coool I guess... But if you're the fastest in Europe, you get a chance to become a real race car driver. Wait... What? If you're 2 seconds per lap faster than the fastest Euopean driver, you go to the Indy 500, while he's getting the chance to drive a real race car. Wow.

My biggest problem with PD isn't their products, it's their attitude. They delay game releases, but still drop important features. They hold great contests, but only if you live in the right place. The official Gran Turismo forum has no official Gran Turismo staff on it, at least none that post more than twice a year. They regularly update GT5P's online race choices, but few people care anymore. (I bet you this forum and GTP makes up over 70% of the online population.)

It's sad that you can become so obscessed with a game series that you would put up with all of that crap. I come here regularly not for GT info anymore, but for entertainment. Is there any new GT info? Nope. Is the new GT info anything worthwhile? Nope.

I regret buying my PS3. For less than the money I paid for it, I could have bought an Oppo BD player that is almost as useful to me. (PS3 has Netflix now) I will not be selling my PS3 or buying Gran Turismo. I guess that makes me an idiot, among other things. (As listed in the quoted post) Then again, a delayed release isn't my only reason, as stated slightly above.

Another thing that gets me is the constant (Yes, it is constant) bashing of Forza. No, the graphics aren't as pretty, but shiney sparkly graphics alone do not make a racing game fun. What's worse is that I'm guessing that none of the people bashing it have even given it a fair chance. If they have even played it, all they've done is one or two races, pointing out every reason they can think of that it's not Gran Turismo. Sad.

Now, as this turned into a little bit of a rant, I might as well make a few predictions. As of last I knew, Forgetful had 3 kudos on the quoted post. That will turn into 5 or 6 before this thread is gone, partially because of this post. Next is whoever replies to this one. I'm guessing 3-5, mostly the same people that kudo'ed Forgetful. The previous two predictions rely on this next prediction at least partially falling through. This post will be either hacked to bits, or deleted altogether.

Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

It seems to me in your lengthly reply here that your upset.  PS3 hasn't lived up to your expectations, none of the GT series games have either.  You say you continue to come out here for entertainment purposes, but why?  What entertainment are you getting from a section of the PS forums of a game you dislike so??  It seems with how disappointed you are, you just need to move on to better things.

Online racing and drag racing was dropped from GT4 you say, do you know PD's reasons as to why??  Not every aspect to GT5 is going to live up to everyones expectations either, it seems nothing about the game demos we've got thus far or the final game lives up to yours.

If I was as disappointed as you seem to be, I'd be finding entertainment elsewhere, not in a forum board section of a game I clearly don't like and think is crap.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 71 of 75 (13 Views)
Wastelander
674 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

If I was as disappointed as you seem to be, I'd be finding entertainment elsewhere, not in a forum board section of a game I clearly don't like and think is crap.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Photobucket
Message 72 of 75 (13 Views)
Fender Bender
4679 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

Pyro6000 wrote:

Thank you and have a wonderful evening.

PS3 hasn't lived up to your expectations, none of the GT series games have either.  You say you continue to come out here for entertainment purposes, but why?

I really liked GT1 and GT2. I still play GT2 to this day.

I keep hoping that PD will one day realize that their community wants to talk with them, not at them.

Message 73 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3627 posts

Feb 4, 2010

Pyro is a negative person

That's just how it is

I've met those kinds of people.

They will forever slam the game they "love" and make it seem as if he genuinely likes it (tricky manipulation)

But hey, I agree, GT1 and GT2 were **bleep**ing awesome

So were GT3 and GT4  

Photobucket
Message 74 of 75 (13 Views)
Final Boss
28704 posts

Feb 4, 2010
Locked due to flame-baiting and other platform comparisons.
Message 75 of 75 (13 Views)