Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Re: Is GT5 Prologue worth picking up?

Sep 20, 2009
But what happens once GT5 is released?  Is anyone really going to play Prologue?  I can just imagine the copies of GT5P that are going to be flooding used game stores then...
Message 11 of 24 (31 Views)
MVP Support
44350 posts

Sep 20, 2009
The same thing that happens whenever any new release comes out.

You have a choice.

Cheers,
Message 12 of 24 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Sep 20, 2009

MastrGT wrote:
The same thing that happens whenever any new release comes out.

You have a choice.

Cheers,

Not really.  I thought the purpose of GT5P was to be a PROLOGUE of GT5,,something to tide fans over till the full game comes out. 

Message 13 of 24 (31 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44350 posts

Sep 20, 2009
I see no distinction between what happens when any new release comes out.

People will either keep their copy of Prologue or they will dump it.

If they keep it, they may play it every now and then. If someone bought the PSN version, they will have a time limit because they must be signed into the network to play and that time will be limited.

Most players just move on to the new version and don't look back.

They still have a choice.

Cheers,
Message 14 of 24 (31 Views)
0 Likes
VxF
Uncharted Territory
1891 posts

Sep 20, 2009

I have been a longtime GT fan, yet prologue has left me fairly indifferent.

There are fairly few cars/tracks. Single player just wasn't much fun... with standard physics it's too arcadish, with pro physics it feels more like a simulator but some races can be a bit frustrating, at least if you don't have a wheel. And the piss-poor way in which they implemented penalties doesn't help. Opponent AI is the same usual crap (after you replay a race 2-3 times you will know exactly what each car will do every time, in good old GT fashion).

In short, there are few races, some of them aren't fun... car damage is not there and opponents are still dumb as rocks. 

I didn't enjoy the multiplayer either. Finding a game takes too long for my taste (I know some will accuse me of being impatient, but waiting 2+ minutes in between games is just no fun to me). The rubber-banding is excessive and detracts from the multiplayer experience. Ghosting is a pathetic attempt at getting around the lag issues and to prevent people from abusing the lack of car damange... 

The only thing that saves GT is the lack of serious alternatives on a PS3, for someone seeking a simulator.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 24 (31 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Sep 20, 2009

ill be giving my 2 copies to friends or family. prologue is a little different since gt5 will have all the content so it would be odd for any gt5 owners to have any value in putting it back in

but it will be exactly like any other game when one is released.

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 16 of 24 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Sep 20, 2009

You guys are acting like it's a full seperate game (like what GT3 was to GT4).   It's not..it's essentially a demo to a full game that's rumored to be coming out this year.  Unless you guys normally play the Dirt 2 demo after you already spent $60 on Dirt 2. 

I don't think many people would spend $30 on an extended Dirt 2 demo, when $60 will get them the full game.  Same thing when GT5 is released.  So no, I'm holding out that it's not like any other game once a new one is released.  It's a gimped version, not a seperate release.  

Message 17 of 24 (31 Views)
VxF
Uncharted Territory
1891 posts

Sep 20, 2009

david78223 wrote:

You guys are acting like it's a full seperate game (like what GT3 was to GT4).   It's not..it's essentially a demo to a full game that's rumored to be coming out this year.  Unless you guys normally play the Dirt 2 demo after you already spent $60 on Dirt 2. 

I don't think many people would spend $30 on an extended Dirt 2 demo, when $60 will get them the full game.  Same thing when GT5 is released.  So no, I'm holding out that it's not like any other game once a new one is released.  It's a gimped version, not a seperate release.  

How can you blame people for trating it as a separate game when they paid for it as if it were?

Photobucket
Message 18 of 24 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Sep 21, 2009

Best Gran Turismo I ever had, and I've had them all (regular retail). And, by process of deduction, since Gran Turismo has been my favorite game for a long time now, GT5Prologue is the best video game ever! Smiley Surprised Why? Because its pure Gran Turismo, meaning the physics are top notch, it has intricately detailed graphics, better than any other game on the market, and it's in HD, but those are secondary to the fact that it is Gran Turismo, ONLINE! As bad as the online functionality is, it's still provides all of the things that make GT an amazing driving experience, and now I can race real live people, which all but does away with the AI, and their repetitive nature. It all started with the Time Trial rankings of GTHD. Ever since then Gran Turismo has become one of the purest forms of competition avialable on a console.

I, and 13 others, ran over 500 miles of Daytona Road Course today. We run racing three nights a week here, and regularily pull 20+ people out to race each night. We've had time trial competitions that lasted months on end. If you enjoy the driving experience, Prologue is the best yet. It is also supposed to be a headstart on GT5, with some or all of your progress transferable (details to come, but they've announced a similar feature for GTPSP)

DriverSports.org
Message 19 of 24 (31 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Sep 21, 2009
We may get a release date at tgs, even if we do itll be awhile. Your really missing out on a great game now !!!. If i knew we were gonna get that date, and my gt5p disc broke. I would rebuy it tomorow. Eating Popcorn And Drinking Beer
Message 20 of 24 (31 Views)
0 Likes