Dec 18 2012
By: Destructo90 Hekseville Citizen 346 posts

Im sorry but another suggestion

9 replies 387 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

FGT 2012 could be a pretty sweet addition to GT5. Some changes would be: decrease to the HP, increase of down force maximums, increased weight and some body changes to make it look like more modern F1s. Or is that a big no?

Get your Portable ID!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/3990
Message 1 of 10 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: Im sorry but another suggestion

Dec 18, 2012

certainly any additions to the Formula cars int he game would be welcomed.  They would need to make a new premium FGT, though.  So I'm not sure they'd give that to us in GT5 or wait until GT6.

It's almost a given that there will be no standard cars in GT6.  I won't go into why, but it is almost certain IMO.

So, if they want to keep a PD-made formula car, they'll have to make a new one, and not just the model in premium trim.  They'd likely also update the specs of the car to be whatever they feel it should be to make it more current.

With that speculation being what it is, I feel very strongly we'll see a new FGT in GT6.  Or, they could obtain more F1 licensing from individual teams other than Ferrari.

Hard to say...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 2 of 10 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Well IMO, wouldnt it be worth it to just make the new FGT with a bunch of different paint schemes (or make it like RM paint style) instead of paying for more licenses?

I would like to think that it wouldnt be that hard to make one premium car but then again, I dont work at PD and dont know anything about making a game lol

Get your Portable ID!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/3990
Message 3 of 10 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Dec 19, 2012

F1 gets so little use in the current game, I'd be very surprised to see PD put any effort into F1 for GT5. It's basically a little used Niche.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 4 of 10 (346 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Call me old school,a GT relic, or whatever you want, but in my opinion I see GT overdiversifiying already. I understand the inclusion of Nascar and F1 even if I have no interest in running those cars. I see several standalone games focused on F! and nascar that fil those niches nicely. When you try to please evryone you please no one. It would be great to see the future of GT go to the past and remain a steadfast Road racing sim for sports car enthusiats. If PD needs anything at this point its a clear definition as to what it is and who they are. There is alot of competition out there today and on the horizon, giving up some of the pie to stay true to your roots is sometimes the best wat to stay " original" while also seeming different. Straying to far from what made you a success in the first place is usually a recipe for disater in any industry. But don't count me out in the future regardless of their direction because ultimately im just another selfish fan of a great franchise that I have come to enjoy with a great many friends.!! CHEERS!!

Message 5 of 10 (328 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 19, 2012

there are plenty of people who prefer to race Ferrari F1's over anything else in the game.  It's certainly not as popular as everything else combined, if that's what you mean...

Message 6 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29189 posts

Dec 20, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

F1 gets so little use in the current game, I'd be very surprised to see PD put any effort into F1 for GT5. It's basically a little used Niche.

There was only so much they could do, with the license being held by CodeMasters. Bernie Ecclestone knows he has a valuable license on his hands, so he's not going to allow it to be diluted by having it appear in every racing game that comes down the pipe.

Message 7 of 10 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Dec 20, 2012

regarding how popular this one car (the FGT) is, I don't think it really matters.  if you compare it to any other car in the game, it's at least as popular as most of them on an individual basis.  When you thijnk about the hundreds of cars we never or rarely drive (for some, this may be one of them) in context you can see that PD would be likely to introduce an updated version of the FGT, especially if they cannot obtain more F1 team car licenses.

Hopefully Ferarri sticks around, and hopefully there are a couple more teams.  But if they give us another FGT that is comparable to modern F1 cars and looks great (the current Standard doesn't look bad IMO) then it would be a plus for those GT fans who do like to drive Formula cars.

Message 8 of 10 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I would appreciate a new F1 car, but the effort to create a highly complex racecar from scratch may not be worth the effort for PD. A good suggestion, all in all, but one we may never get to enjoy!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 9 of 10 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Dec 21, 2012

I see so much other cars being PRE before the wacky FGT. Oops sorry, hate that car Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes