Dec 07 2013
By: ZXVETTE First Son 12 posts

IMSA | Tudor United SportsCar Championship

[ Edited ]
3 replies 305 views Edited Dec 8, 2013

The title of this franchise is GT.  Why is there not some tie in to arguably the greatest GT racing on the planet?  Gran Turismo would be off the charts if there were a Tudor United SportsCar Championship with accurately modeled GT and Prototype cars with their proper liveries.  It would be awesome to be able race the schedule like you can in games like F1 and although I love Gran Turismo, I never understood why a championship mirroring a real life GT championship was never implemented.  Please, please, please make this happen even if it means just providing the proper cars to start.

Also, how come a car like the Corvette C6.R has been modeled in the game but not with Corvette Racing livery?  Gran Turismo has been an awesome racing simulator but other franchises  like Forza have provided actual GT and Prototype cars with proper liveries from the now extinct American Le Mans series.

I love the improvements in GT6, but if you want to propell GT to absolute greatness, please get the Tudor United SportsCar Championship implemented.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Re: IMSA | Tudor United SportsCar Championship

Dec 8, 2013
I believe ALMS (now USCR) had some kind of deal going with Forza that may have prevented such things from happening. There are LOADS of other unclaimed race series to tie in with though, FIA GT, BTCC, FIA WEC, Blancpain Endurence, etc. Heck, they've got enough cars from Super GT already that it would barely take any effort to replicate a SuperGT season in-game. I wish they would do this, it's kind of silly to enter a race with a 787B and be faced with an R8, R18, V12 LMR, Sauber C9, and McLaren F1 GTR.
Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Yes, you may be right about that exclusivity contract between ALMS and Forza.  I just tried to dig something up on it and it looks like it may have come to an end.  But as you've stated, if not with Tudor, then there are opportunities to implement other championships.  I think that's why I eventually lose interest (although admittedly after a long time) with the game because there is a lack of excitement at times when racing against opponents that just don't make sense or when there's no real rivalry.  I look at the recent battles between Corvette and BMW in ALMS for example and I'd love to be able to have those battles in Gran Turismo.

I know a lot of the cars are ported over from previous releases of GT, but I'd gladly give up a big chunk of the 1200 cars to have more GT and Prototype cars with proper championships.

Message 3 of 4 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Most of this is licensing issues... Costs a chunk more to get Corvette to allow PD the official racing livery.

I've no objection to a 'generic' type racing livery, though... Make the race cars LOOK like race cars, for Pete's sake!

I'm looking forward to the new Tudor series, but right now, before much track testing and racing, it's all still a bit up in the air about final specs and likely future of the series. It might be in our best interest to wait until the dust settles after this coming year to really push for its inclusion.

Not that many of the tracks that Tudor will run on have been modeled yet, anyway... Daytona, Laguna and Indy Road. Let's hope we get some of the others (hint, hint, Road Atlanta!)

Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)
0 Likes