Reply
Highlighted
Sep 15 2009
By: Ghosteyya Splicer 58 posts
Offline

IGN's Gran Turismo review.

60 replies 41 views Edited Sep 15, 2009
Well, IGN has somehow managed to get a hold of the full game and has written a review already, which is here: http://psp.ign.com/articles/102/1024698p1.html
But...
Message 1 of 61 (41 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2005
Offline
3951 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009

I am shocked. We were all expecting this to be a great good game..but IGN says in it's review (It got a 6.8/10!):

"Being that I'm such a massive fan of the Gran Turismo franchise, I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that this isn't a great (or even just good) game. It pains me to say so, but it's the truth."

Message 2 of 61 (41 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009

Yeah, I think the reviewer was right. I mean it has the graphics, but the long career mode where you buy cars, tune them up, sell them and buy better ones and enter many, many competitions is what I so like Gran Turismo games, but since the PSP has none of this.
I knew there was something behind that "the game is 1GB in size" statement... BIG *Sigh*

Message 3 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2005
Offline
3951 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009

Ghosteyya wrote:

Yeah, I think the reviewer was right. I mean it has the graphics, but the long career mode where you buy cars, tune them up, sell them and buy better ones and enter many, many competitions is what I so like Gran Turismo games, but since the PSP has none of this.
I knew there was something behind that "the game is 1GB in size" statement... BIG *Sigh*


Not only that, not being a big racer fan myself, I was going to buy this game for my PSP cause I thought for SURE it would be good..

 

This is disappointing, I wish there were more better games for the PSP. God of war was great but it was too short and they're not going to make another...its hard to find good games that interest me.

Message 4 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/17/2000
Offline
10840 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009
IGN strikes again. I understand the game losing some points for no career mode mode, but that's a bit low. Anyway, this is still a day one purchase.


Message 5 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009
Though they were right about the absence of career mode, I didn't understand why they underestimated the visuals. I mean seeing the videos from youtube, it's like GT4 visuals on the PSP. But they only stated "Good on the PSP"...
Message 6 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/17/2000
Offline
10840 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009

Ghosteyya wrote:
Though they were right about the absence of career mode, I didn't understand why they underestimated the visuals. I mean seeing the videos from youtube, it's like GT4 visuals on the PSP. But they only stated "Good on the PSP"...

IGN is tough of PSP games period. Thy expect them to equal or surpass the PS2 in terms of quality.



Message 7 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2005
Offline
3951 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009

Anddo wrote:

Ghosteyya wrote:
Though they were right about the absence of career mode, I didn't understand why they underestimated the visuals. I mean seeing the videos from youtube, it's like GT4 visuals on the PSP. But they only stated "Good on the PSP"...

IGN is tough of PSP games period. Thy expect them to equal or surpass the PS2 in terms of quality.


From what i've seen IGN is more liberal per se in rating games than gamespot. That is, IGN seems to rate games (on average) slightly higher than gamespot. I expect gamespot's review to be the same or maybe even worse.

Message 8 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009
Know what, I think I'm still going to get this. Ok so there's no career mode, but it's a portable game so I don't think I'll have all the time to sit down and spend weeks developing my in-game career. If it looks and drives like GT4, then it's all good I guess. I mean you get the Nurnberg track everywhere you go! That's still something!
Message 9 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/17/2000
Offline
10840 posts
 

Re: IGN's Gran Turismo review.

Sep 15, 2009

Ghosteyya wrote:
Know what, I think I'm still going to get this. Ok so there's no career mode, but it's a portable game so I don't think I'll have all the time to sit down and spend weeks developing my in-game career. If it looks and drives like GT4, then it's all good I guess. I mean you get the Nurnberg track everywhere you go! That's still something!

 

Big hook for me.. The Ring>>>>>All. 



Message 10 of 61 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes