Dec 11 2009
By: c3RAMburger Lombax Warrior 145 posts

I'm surprised Gran Turismo isn't a PS Classic downloadable game yet

19 replies 40 views Edited Dec 11, 2009
I'm getting geeked to play GT5 with the upcoming demo next week, but it would be cool if they released the original as a downloadable game to reminisce and see how far the series has come in 10+ years. 
Message 1 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Re: I'm surprised Gran Turismo isn't a PS Classic downloadable game yet

Dec 11, 2009
You made a good point there, going back to old school is not a problem, is it true the GT PSP get bad or good reviews ?
Message 2 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Dec 11, 2009
GT PSP got alright reviews. By Gran Turismo's standards, pretty bad though. =/ But yea...i'd so be down for GT1 and 2 coming to PS1 classics. I'm sure they'll be on their eventually. Beginning of the year, maybe?
Message 3 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4679 posts

Dec 11, 2009

If I were to guess, PD wont be releasing any PS One Classics until after sales have started to slow for GT5. GT5 releases early next year (supposedly) and I'm sure it will sell very well for at least a few months.

I agree it would be cool, but PD's release schedule is all about the money. They don't want two of their own games to compete with each other for sales.

Message 4 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Dec 11, 2009
Hmmm...I don't know if a PSOne Classics game would really be much competition. Anyone that is looking forward to GT5 has probably already played GT1 & 2. While this probably isn't going to be the case, GT1 and 2 could be a gateway for people that are interested in getting into the series with all the hype around 5.
Message 5 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 11, 2009
The new Gran Turismo for the PSP suks....The events aren't the same.....It doesn't have the same in depth nature the GT series is known for.....It's mainly about collecting all 800 cars.....No career! But is still a must buy for any GT fan! The cars look great on that thing!
Message 6 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2636 posts

Dec 11, 2009
PS classics would be cool but what would be really awesome is if they did the same thing as GoW and released Gran Turismo 1-4 remastered in HD on a single Blu ray. I'd buy that instantly.
Message 7 of 20 (40 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Dec 11, 2009

Pyro6000 wrote:

If I were to guess, PD wont be releasing any PS One Classics until after sales have started to slow for GT5. GT5 releases early next year (supposedly) and I'm sure it will sell very well for at least a few months.

I agree it would be cool, but PD's release schedule is all about the money. They don't want two of their own games to compete with each other for sales.

I would think it would be the other way around. Release a classic GT like 1 or 2 for people to replay those games, or even to attract new players to the series before the launch. That way it is helping to get the word out on GT5, making profits, and giving people something to do while they wait. IDK tho, im not a marketing major or anything.

Signature removed by Admin due to inappropriate content and file size violation.
Message 8 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44880 posts

Dec 11, 2009

ShadowOnyx wrote:

I would think it would be the other way around. Release a classic GT like 1 or 2 for people to replay those games, or even to attract new players to the series before the launch. That way it is helping to get the word out on GT5, making profits, and giving people something to do while they wait. IDK tho, im not a marketing major or anything.

That would be great, if PD was just sitting around twiddling their thumbs, but let them finish the new version we've been waiting about half a decade for first, please. I'm not a marketing major or anything but a fan, either.

Cheers,
Message 9 of 20 (40 Views)
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Dec 11, 2009

mikedogg4dub wrote:
The new Gran Turismo for the PSP suks....The events aren't the same.....It doesn't have the same in depth nature the GT series is known for.....It's mainly about collecting all 800 cars.....No career! But is still a must buy for any GT fan! The cars look great on that thing!

Gran Turismo for PSP is designed as a pick-up-and-play game, just like most PSP games should be. It doesn't have a career mode or 24-hour marathon races because PD wanted it to be a portable, chomped down version of GT, (namely GT4). GT4 is just as good (and better in my opinion) as GT for PSP, if you want the full GT experience, just dig out your PS2 or pop the disc in your 60GB PS3.

GT for PSP does what it does, and does it well.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 10 of 20 (40 Views)
0 Likes