Highlighted
May 15 2003
By: FastPAt~ Treasure Hunter 8165 posts

I hope..

12 replies 88 views Edited May 15, 2003
The online play in GT4 will be like this: the same loby thing as AutoM but you can write full paragraghs, you can choose either Stock cars or Custom cars (when you are host of a game) and choose max HP so no-one with like a Escudo will cream everyone in the game. If they really want people  to get really into the lobbies and such I will only hope for something like Battle.net with channels and such.

Message 1 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Re: I hope..

May 15, 2003
Yeah, a battle.net-ish system would be very nice.

Racing.net, anyone?
Message 2 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8165 posts

May 16, 2003
Sounds tight, Racing.Net.

Message 3 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3007 posts

May 16, 2003

There should also be a Team Battle option.  Like this:
Say Team-iR wants to race against Painterr and Groms (Dugs) team.  There should be a system, much like the WRC uses.  There will be a 6 car grid.  Anyways, with the 6 car grid option, one racer from one team (Team-iR) takes off.  Then a racer from the other team (Dugs) takes off like 10 seconds later.  Then another Team-iR racer takes off, etc.  It would look like this:

Start of race - Team-iR racer #1 takes off.
10 seconds later - Dugs racer #1 takes off.
20 seconds from start: Team iR racer #2 takes off.
30 seconds --- Dugs racer #2 takes off.
40 seconds --- iR Racer #3 takes off.
50 seconds --- Dugs racer #3 takes off.

Now at 50 seconds from the start, all cars will be on the track, racing, at the same time.  But there will be a 10 second interval between them.  So if someone is a bit slower, hopefully it wont matter that much.  And of course, when they cross the line, their 10 second interval is taken in and their time is compisated for it.  Know what I mean?  Kinda like how they do the Pikes peak thing in real life.

It would be more intersting and enjoyable this way instead of just doing a time trial lap by yourself...

You know me as Garconis now. But this was actually my first SN, even though the registration date doesn't agree.
Message 4 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5176 posts

May 16, 2003
i really hope theres teams that would be sweet
Message 5 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
920 posts

May 29, 2003
Actually that sounds like a great way to incorporate the rally racing into online play. Since rally racing is basicly you against the clock it would be a way to bring team racing into an individual style race. I like it.
Message 6 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
780 posts

May 30, 2003

u lost me.....why cant they all just start at the same time???

As for the online mode, i havent seen AMs (havent seen it at Blockbuster around here and im not gonna buy it) so i dunno what its like, but i hope they have chats n lobbies.....kinda like SOCOM but organized and all...and of course HP limits....specific cars for servers....single type car races....let the host make their own specifications but make standard servers also!

And lets hope it has OPTIONS....in MC2 you can only select the "NEXT" race or "restart" race.....and the players in the server cant change their car once they have selected one in that server!.... SONY should show people how to do a real racing game online.... its kind of sad that some companies just dont put in the obvious extras into making their games that much better. Wow....i think thats my main frustration with the gaming industry....anyone got an opinion about it?

Message Edited by ***007porscheGT3*** on 05-29-2003 06:28 PM

Live, Laugh, Love ~~~ Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. ****************************************************************************************************************** ===I have around 50 Playstation 1 games.... My PS2 games in order of when I got them>>> Twisted Metal: Black, Gran Turismo 3, Ace Combat 4, Devil May Cry, SSX Tricky, Grand Theft Auto 3, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, Jak & Daxter, Need For Speed HP2, Midnight Club 2 and ZOE2(((Also have the Network Adaptor and TMB: Online))) ****************************************************************************************************************** ===Waiting to buy::Smiley Frustratedyphon Filter 4, Tomb Raider:Angel of Darkness, Gran Turismo 4 onlineSmiley Happy, GTA4, Resident EvilSmiley Surprisedutbreak, SOCOM2, Soul Calibur 2, Driver 3, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater!!!
Message 7 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4128 posts

May 30, 2003
A place like battle.net would be a cool place to race
Message 8 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
399 posts

May 30, 2003
What if u could download cars to a comp via sharkport and exchange em wit friends online huh?> Maybe that should be incorporated into GT4..its something to look up to.
Message 9 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jun 1, 2003
I also like that Pike's Peak mention.  That would be an interesting Rally Event.  Hey, they're already ahead of the game with the Escudo.
Message 10 of 13 (88 Views)
0 Likes