Dec 11 2010
By: REINFECTA Sackboy 468 posts

I am "penniless"!!!!.....alot harder than I thought.

8 replies 18 views Edited Dec 11, 2010

That was a harder trophy (yes, I go for trophies) to obtain then I had anticipated. Since a lot of cars, both new and used have odd denominations to them I actually had to plan my bankruptcy. I started with 845,279 cr, and with some finesse and number crunching, and car buying, I was able to chip my starting bank roll down to 138,000 even. Once at this point I went to the new car lot hoping to find some more cars that would equal my credits. Well I did, I bought one car for 68,000, and then another for 70,000. Bingo-bango, I was broke as a joke with another trophy. Just posting for fun, no need to comment if your going to be negative. Moderators will be informed of flaming....LOL

Message 1 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Re: I am "penniless"!!!!.....alot harder than I thought.

Dec 11, 2010

pretty sure this is way easier if you just do it from the get go.  Buy your first car and mod it up.

Message 2 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Dec 11, 2010

mushieslushie wrote:

pretty sure this is way easier if you just do it from the get go.  Buy your first car and mod it up.

I think if your saying "pretty sure" then you haven't even attempted this yet, and I wouldn't say that this is the easier way. As I stated the monetary units don't always equal zero and you can end up with 98 cr wondering what to spend it on. Besides I got involved in racing in the beginning and wasn't trophy hunting yet. Again it was just a comment and I'm sure that it could be done 100 different ways.

Message 3 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44902 posts

Dec 11, 2010

To do it along with your initial car purchase is easy to do in hindsight, but now that a few people have traveled this route, others can learn from them.

Also, if a player didn't know about this Trophy, a little basic math and you can get rid of odd currency balances. Look at parts and also used cars to get rid of small credit amounts.

Message 4 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30083 posts

Dec 12, 2010

I earned this trophy first since I knew that waiting might end up tricky later on with the odd amounts that you can end up with.  Some people bought a car and tuned it, but I went the other way.  I bought a car to use in the early races and a PDI Kart.  The car was 15,000Cr. and the Kart was 5,000Cr.

The other way to do it I suppose is to see if there is a Cr. cap in GT5 and once you hit it, you should have an even amount of credits and you could do your shopping then.

Good luck! 

Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 5 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 12, 2010

I was planning on going after this trophy but then i figured out how hard it would be. Then i bought a few random used cars, and upgraded two. and i had Cr. -- I was so happy i got it without even trying.

Message 6 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Dec 12, 2010
I saw in a post that if you bought I thinks a Civic and a air filter in the beginning it would leave you "pennyless."
Dirty_Harry44
Message 7 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 12, 2010

You have to plan it out, and buy a used car or two to get your last two digits to be 50 or 00. Then just get the appropriate upgrades to deplete your bankroll. Don't be a lesser driver now

Message 8 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Dec 12, 2010

I did it yesterday spending 1.7M.

Wasn't that hard if you are not a stranger to simple math.

Today I earned 600k thanks to servers being down 

BTW I'm on 23rd

Message 9 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes