Highlighted
Dec 25 2010
By: U2EDGE Fender Bender 3066 posts

How to OWN NASCAR Series @ Daytona (B-Spec)

67 replies 2760 views Edited Dec 25, 2010

Merry Christmas all.  I've got the "golden ticket"...the NASCAR setup that slays the field in B-Spec at Daytona.

I used a slightly modified setup I use at Daytona in A-Spec.  I  tacked on a tip I read on this forum about brake bias with your B-Spec  driver.

I set the brake bias to 0 and 0...so it was essentially like he had no brakes -- which is a good thing at Daytona.

Now, the keys to the rest of the setup are the following:

Lower  the front all the way and raise the rear all the way -- in doing so,  the car turns better and you get the spoiler up in the air.

Max the downforce on the nose and back it off about 10 from the max on the rear.  Again, this helps your car turn.

Set your top speed to 23x (230 or 233 or whatever is in the 230's).

Set your camber to 6.5 and 5.5 and the toe at .5 on the rear.

Also,  and this might be the key of all keys with this "recipe"...just keep  hammering the "Pace Up" command.  Once I figured that out, my dude never  braked and because the setup was good enough where he could stay in the  gas the whole time, he just checked out.  Once I got the lead, it never  really fell below 1.5 seconds and got as high as 2.9xx seconds on Lap  19 (I was watching the Live Timing Monitor).  In a plate race, 2.9  seconds is a HUGE lead.  So I won it on my first try in the championship  setting.

Hope this helps!

PSN ID: U2EDGE

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 1 of 68 (2,760 Views)
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Re: How to OWN NASCAR Series @ Daytona (B-Spec)

Dec 25, 2010

Bump.  If anybody else has tried this "formula", please post your results here.

60/60 Gold Licenses

Message 2 of 68 (2,760 Views)
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Got tips for the other races?

Message 3 of 68 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Sounds awesome....I was wondering how I was going tackle that. Will try this when possible!

Photobucket
Message 4 of 68 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 25, 2010

Indy is pretty easy.  A very similar setup (with the exception of the brake bias) should get the job done.  It might not hurt to back the camber off to about 2.0/1.0.

For High Speed Ring, I think I pretty much used the default setup.  My driver didn't dominate it, but as long as you're smart with your tires and find a decent top speed for your tranny (I forgot what mine was), you'll win by about 10 seconds.

For Grand Valley, make the camber 0/0.  I THINK this helps give your driver better grip since it's a flat track and the more of the tire patch you have planted in the ground, the more grip you have and hopefully (theoretically), he shouldn't spin his tires as much.  Also, instead of lowering the front end all of the way, raise it about 10-15 mm from its lowest setting...reason being (much like at Laguna Seca, especially in the Corkscrew), if you hit the curbing and your car is lowered all the way, I think this contributes to some of the spinning of the tires.  For me, the biggest "race" at Grand Valley was simply tire convervation.  I had to make sure he spun the tires as little as possible or he'd be on marbles at the end.  I'm pretty sure I set my top speed to the mid-to-high 180's so I get great acceleration which makes for pretty easy passing opportunities after coming off the final turn and shortly after the first hairpin turn shortly after the start/finish line.  My driver "hits the chip" on the long straightaway, but only for a second or so.  I think I gain more with the acceleration than I lose by missing out slightly on the top end.

I think that pretty much covers the tracks.  Hope it helps.

60/60 Gold Licenses

Message 5 of 68 (2,760 Views)
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 26, 2010

Bump for the "day after Christmas crowd".

60/60 Gold Licenses

Message 6 of 68 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Dec 26, 2010

My B-Spec dude got gold on the championship with nothing more than a downforce bump on the road courses and a ton of direction (pace up/overtake) throughout the races.  The only exception was Daytona, where the ridiculous over-braking cost him the race within 3 laps.  

Message 7 of 68 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 26, 2010

Beefy, that's why I think this "thread" is vital.  You're at the mercy of your b-spec driver simply overbraking at Daytona and/or most people usually have to rely on how the "draft" shakes out, so getting gold is a total crapshoot.

Here, I'm pretty sure this setup will win gold each and every time unless you somehow get wrecked REALLY early.

60/60 Gold Licenses

Message 8 of 68 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3971 posts

Dec 26, 2010

Thanks for this I'll be sure to try it.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 68 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
86 posts

Dec 26, 2010

Whoa!!!  Nice set up, thanks...so far, my b-spec driver won Indy by just over 21 seconds w/ a best lap of 51.352; Grand Valley down, won by 8.678 w/ a best lap of 2:04:.68; For the High Speed ring, I left the Grand Valley set up on my car figuring that the flat S curves would be the biggest problem and upped my speed to 211  won by 2.549  w/ a best lap of 1:07.763.  What I did, was hit the "pace down" key after crossing under bridge just before the left hand turn that leads to the S's, then as my driver entered the tunnel I hit the "overtake" key a couple of times until I got the lead, then I used the "pace up" key 2-3 times. Since I didn't win by as big a margin, your set up was probably better, or better speed mgmt; Laguna Seca went back to your GV set up and managed my tires as best I could, won by 9.164 w/ a best lap of 1:33.094; Daytona finished 3rd w/ a fast lap of 43.575.  Oh well, I'll just try again...Thanks, couldn't have done it without your help!

Message 10 of 68 (2,760 Views)
0 Likes