Jan 18 2011
By: rxpapi12 Treasure Hunter 6665 posts

How does the Copyright with the save work for this game?

13 replies 18 views Edited Jan 18, 2011

I own a refurbished 60gb (first one had YLoD) and you know these things are prone to YLoD because of heat issues,

If I get another ps3 in the future do I have to have my user backed up on a different hdd if I do not want all my work in this game to go to waste?  At the moment all I could do is copy the save to a flash drive because my console doesn't want to back up on the two external hdds I tried.....

Yes, you can play with them. Smiley Wink
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Re: How does the Copyright with the save work for this game?

Jan 18, 2011

if you're able to copy the file then it will work on any ps3, but only the owner of the file is able to earn trophies while using that game save, otherwise the game will lock the trophies in order to prevent ppl from getting free trophies

Message 2 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Jan 18, 2011

this is soooo dumb why can't they link trophy saves by the PSN user instead of the console user

I don't think I'll be getting a platinum in this game but for all the hardwork that goes into it I don't want to be denied :/

Message 3 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Unless they unlocked the save file recently, it can't be saved individually, only a full HDD backup & restore will do it.

I upgraded my HDD to a 500gb about 2 weeks after GT5 was released and had to do a full backup & restore to get the save file I'd been playing with to transfer.

If they haven't already, unlocking that file so it can be backed up regularly without spending hours doing the whole drive would be awesome.

Message 4 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Maelphaedor wrote:

Unless they unlocked the save file recently, it can't be saved individually, only a full HDD backup & restore will do it.

I upgraded my HDD to a 500gb about 2 weeks after GT5 was released and had to do a full backup & restore to get the save file I'd been playing with to transfer.

If they haven't already, unlocking that file so it can be backed up regularly without spending hours doing the whole drive would be awesome.

The ability to backup gamesaves to a usb drive came with the 1.05 update. You can back up any account you have onto individual thumbdrives now.

Original username: Redrkt
Original reg date: 12/30/03

Redrkt RacingTPRA ForumsCustoms Sigs
Message 5 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Jan 18, 2011

redrkt wrote:

Maelphaedor wrote:

The ability to backup gamesaves to a usb drive came with the 1.05 update. You can back up any account you have onto individual thumbdrives now.

Original username: Redrkt Original reg date: 12/30/03

Its nice that we could do that but the litlle trophy whore in me cares is cries at the fact the save identifies user and not PSN T_T

Message 6 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Jan 18, 2011

rxpapi12 wrote:

redrkt wrote:

Maelphaedor wrote:

Its nice that we could do that but the litlle trophy ***** in me cares is cries at the fact the save identifies user and not PSN T_T

Yes, you can play with them. ;)

sry if you misunderstood my comment, the file actually identifies the PSN...the user has nothing to do with the file it's the PSN account that owns the original file what matters

Message 7 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Jan 18, 2011

Heisem wrote:

rxpapi12 wrote:

redrkt wrote:

Maelphaedor wrote:

Its nice that we could do that but the litlle trophy ***** in me cares is cries at the fact the save identifies user and not PSN T_T

sry if you misunderstood my comment, the file actually identifies the PSN...the user has nothing to do with the file it's the PSN account that owns the original file what matters

Ohhhhh okay so let me see if I got this right- say tomoro my ps3 decides to YLod on me - I will be buying a slim to replace it (instead of drop another $150 on a refurb) and I stick in my flash drive to copy my GT5 save and there will be no issues with me unlocking trophies?!

Message 8 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6665 posts

Jan 19, 2011

right or wrong?

rxpapi12 wrote:

Heisem wrote:

rxpapi12 wrote:

redrkt wrote:

Maelphaedor wrote:

Ohhhhh okay so let me see if I got this right- say tomoro my ps3 decides to YLod on me - I will be buying a slim to replace it (instead of drop another $150 on a refurb) and I stick in my flash drive to copy my GT5 save and there will be no issues with me unlocking trophies?!

Message 9 of 14 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 19, 2011

If you backup your save file via usb, you can copy it to the new console that you purchase.  I found that I had to create the same "user name" on the new PS and then(obviously) had to login in to my existing PSN account.  All trophies showed up, no issues. 

The first time that I attempted this it didn't work, but I later found out that I typed in a different "username" than what was on my original Playstation.  Somehow it "tags" save data to the username and PSN account.

First rule of Italian driving, "That which is behind you is not important."
Message 10 of 14 (18 Views)