Dec 28 2010
By: GALVATRON1_NYC Splicer 47 posts

How do I beat S-6, S-7 & S-10 in GT5 Prologue?

22 replies 28 views Edited Dec 28, 2009
I can't seem to beat these 3 stages, any advice on which cars to use & how to tune them?  I bought a game save from ebay that didn't work, & none of the 6 game saves from gamefaqs works, does anyone have any to unlock the Ferrari F-1 F2007?
FREE! TEXT MSG OTHER PS3 PLAYERS: http://www.upoc.com/group.jsp?group=PS3Players

Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43959 posts

Re: How do I beat S-6, S-7 & S-10 in GT5 Prologue?

Dec 28, 2009
Slow down. What's the rush? You can unlock all cars, including the F2007, in a week or two, as you learn how to drive in Prologue. If you use someone else's game save, you won't learn how to drive.

As for any difficult GT challenge, in any GT version, they are all written up in the forum. Do a simple search and you will find all kinds of help, including here and on YouTube, for Prologue videos. Just look for the event title and read.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 23 (28 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1741 posts

Dec 28, 2009

The Amuse S2000 is what I did most of the S races with. Tried S10 a few times and couldnt break top 4, aparently the tuned Vette or tuned GT40 are the way to go.

Message 3 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Dec 28, 2009
I beat them with the Viper Tuned. Finished 3rd i believe. With enough work i still strongly believe 1st was in my hand in terms of the Viper. Many say the Amuse and Ford GT are the way to go but honestly i think it comes down to which car you feel good in. I could never keep the Ford GT consistent back then, very temperamental and the Corvette C6T was amazing but it just didn't feel right to me in terms of balance. Look at the GTIC here for set-ups and stick with what car you feel solid in, even the Mine's is very capable as is the Amuse. The Set-up and practice is key to it.

Also if you see a Ford GT or Corvette in 2 and/or 3rd i suggest re-entering the race. When they start up front they aren't slowed down by traffic very much and after a lap or 2 they are long freakin' gone. Keep at it and you WILL do it, its like any number of missions and licenses in GT before it, its just practice. Set-up Set-up Set-up.
Message 4 of 23 (28 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 29, 2009
Can someone pls explain to me what a camber, toe & damper are, & how to adjust them?
FREE! TEXT MSG OTHER PS3 PLAYERS: http://www.upoc.com/group.jsp?group=PS3Players

Get your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4305 posts

Dec 29, 2009

GALVATRON1_NYC wrote:
Can someone pls explain to me what a camber, toe & damper are, & how to adjust them?

I found this in the GT Info Center at the top of the page. Lots of great information can be found there. http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=granturismo&thread.id=388723
Message 6 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 29, 2009
Clacksman's Vette tuned configuration worked miracles on the S-7 course, S2's didn't cut it for me on that track, maybe my style of driving is different than his.  The Citroen GT is Friggin amazing!! Wowweee!!!
Message Edited by GALVATRON1_NYC on 12-29-2009 03:27 PM

Get your Portable ID!
Message 7 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 29, 2009
Wow, that guide is too long to read, anything short & sweet? Unless ur a mechanic, da avg player wudn't know how 2 tune. Had 2 look it up. Iz complicated!  That's the only way I could beat S-7 & S-6! I'm still looking for a good tune for the vette for s-10, then I will have finished the game! 1 more till i finally unlock the F-1!! Yes!!  I realized that it is impossible to beat 3 of the s class races without a custom tune. 

Get your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 23 (28 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43959 posts

Dec 30, 2009

GALVATRON1_NYC wrote:
Wow, that guide is too long to read, anything short & sweet?

Too long to read? Not one of the three related topics you asked about filled up even one of my wide laptop screens, barely a paragraph each!

GALVATRON1_NYC wrote:
Unless ur a mechanic, da avg player wudn't know how 2 tune.

I think you underestimate your capabilities.

If you really want to play GT5, then you will learn about what is needed.
That will take a modicum of effort on your part, though.

Cheers,
Message 9 of 23 (28 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2636 posts

Dec 30, 2009

GALVATRON1_NYC wrote:
Wow, that guide is too long to read, anything short & sweet? Unless ur a mechanic, da avg player wudn't know how 2 tune. Had 2 look it up. Iz complicated!  That's the only way I could beat S-7 & S-6! I'm still looking for a good tune for the vette for s-10, then I will have finished the game! 1 more till i finally unlock the F-1!! Yes!!  I realized that it is impossible to beat 3 of the s class races without a custom tune. 
In my opinion the scrolling in-game descriptions are pretty short and sweet. I always thought it was too intimidating to tune my car until I just read those descriptions and got some very positive results.

Message 10 of 23 (28 Views)