Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Re: Horns

Dec 13, 2012

I'm not sure this is directly related to horns, but the thread has turned to a discussion about collectibles in general so I thought I'd share. 

At first the 7000 limit seamed completely arbitrary or a limit induced by file size but as I wheedle my way through items, and slowly delete duplicates it almost looks like ( collectible items + 500) , or something like that.  I will try and explain.

I have collected every car  and multiples to a total of 1400

No duplicate horns, helmets, suits -----  None of these are a complete collection, but only missing a few of each

Paints-  I sort by name, then scroll down until I see a duplicate name and delete it.  Not worried about more than 1 chip per line because I don't believe it affects the total. I generally do a -c one day then d-f  so on and so on every time I hit the limit. 

I have very few tires and parts lying around so here's my observation:  If I delete 50 paints and log in every day  I have to cycle paints once  a week. After months of this the paints have gotten much easier to manage because most have a chip total of 1. 

Not sure if I made myself clear or not but hopefully there's something interesting to someone.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 21 (311 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3289 posts

Dec 13, 2012
Actually, I am pretty certain that the numbers beside the paints count, not just the number of entries in the list.

I am currently within 10 of the 7000 limit. Haven't gotten a new paint (in my main account) in weeks... (I've given up on staying below the limit...)

Under Items I have:
23 helments
11 racing suits
12 special outfits
4209 entries in the paints list
106 Gift car coupons
5 special coupons (car restore coupons)
I have sent everything else either to other people or to a second account. Or used/deleted them.
(not feeling well enough right now do trust myself to add those in my head, but clearly < 4400)

I'd say those numbers beside the paints do count towards the limit...
Message 12 of 21 (305 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Dec 14, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

you can multi-select, but not "select all".  still takes a while to scroll through and pick them one by one, but it would be nice if they could make selecting a paint chip actually delete all duplicates of that chip.

I have done that multi-select as well as selected all with just one button press.  Hope this wasn't a hidden unannounced feature disappearance.

Message 13 of 21 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Dec 15, 2012

HOW TO DELETE 1 OF EVERY ITEM IN A PARTICULAR TYPE OF INVENTORY (horns, paints, suits, helmets, parts)

-Hold L1
-Press square to select all
-Press triangle to bring up menu (choices are delete selected/cancel)
-Press X with pointer on 'delete selected'
-????
-Profit

Message 14 of 21 (267 Views)
Wastelander
907 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Is there a way to delete only a selected range?  For example, if I want to delete all paints in excess of "2", can I sort them all by number and then delete "1" from the range of paints with a count of more than 2?

(I realize this is all "off topic", but this is useful information, so I'm not complaining!)

Photobucket
Message 15 of 21 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Dec 17, 2012

buzbuz33 wrote:

Is there a way to delete only a selected range?  For example, if I want to delete all paints in excess of "2", can I sort them all by number and then delete "1" from the range of paints with a count of more than 2?

(I realize this is all "off topic", but this is useful information, so I'm not complaining!)

Not quickly.  That'd take a holding of L1 then selecting anything you want 1 less of 1 at a time, then group-deleting those.  Or sorting by count (this much is possible), then unselecting the singles, then group-deleting what's left.

Message 16 of 21 (223 Views)
Wastelander
907 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Sounds faster than what I am currently doing, which involves a couple of keystrokes and a slight delay for each separate color.

I will give it a try.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 21 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Dec 18, 2012

buzbuz33 wrote:

Sounds faster than what I am currently doing, which involves a couple of keystrokes and a slight delay for each separate color.

I will give it a try.

Yes, it will be faster than that way.  I've done this to get rid of several hundred Boring Silver Metallics.  If you let go of L1, it will remember which items you had selected and re-check them when you press L1 again; I think so long as you don't exit that particular inventory.  If you want do do it a bunch at a time instead of everything at once, sort by manufacturer or type first (shortens up the list).

Message 18 of 21 (198 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8680 posts

Dec 18, 2012

peyepete wrote:

greyghost2 wrote:

clacksman wrote:

greyghost2 wrote:

I agree with the Black Hawk.....they are a waste of space.  I just wish there was some way to select them all  and delete them all at once.  I feel the same about helmlets and suits.  Paints on the other hand I like to keep. Some of the new cars do not offer any paints I like and many of my used cars get new paint jobs.

I thought there was.  IIRC look at the list of whatever, hold L1, press something (look at bottom of screen), presto.  I delete paints like this, by somehow selecting all and picking Delete I lose 1 of everything which drops my inventory quite a bit.  I don't have any horns and I'm pretty sure I didn't kill those one-by-one.

Thanks Clacks, I'll try that the next time I have GT booted up.

If you have multiples of any item, after you have picked and deleted, press L1 again, all the multiples will be picked without you having to choose individually again.

I keep an eye on the max number of chips of any colour I'm deleting, then hit the L1 that many times.

thanks, that seems like a useful tip. and sorting by number of chips to see those you'd most want to delete is a good idea.

for me though, most of my duplicates are there because they are my favorites and I always want to have a good supply of certain colors.

clacks, I agree that silver metalics are boring.  Funny thing is that in the 90s it was sooooo cool to have a silver benz in a rap video... now it just feels... played out (to use an early 90s term)  Smiley Very Happy

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 19 of 21 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

clacksman wrote:
If you let go of L1, it will remember which items you had selected and re-check them when you press L1 again; I think so long as you don't exit that particular inventory. 

Yes, I think I may have accidentally deleted some colors twice because I selected some items, deleted them, and selected some more items and deleted them without first unselecting the first batch.  So what I am doing to avoid that problem (if it exists) is to clear everything by  clicking "select all" twice.  It works great and I was able to delete more paint items in 10 minutes than I had been able to delete in hours using the old way.  Thanks for the great Christmas gift!

Photobucket
Message 20 of 21 (160 Views)
0 Likes