Hopelessly, Woefully, Inconsolably Confused about why no gt6 on ps4

10 replies 391 views Edited Dec 28, 2013

Message 1 of 11 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2313 posts

Re: Hopelessly, Woefully, Inconsolably Confused about why no gt6 on ps4

Dec 28, 2013

Because they have to write a version suitable for the new console. PD has suggested they'll be doing so, but I doubt you'll see anything until later in the year.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 2 of 11 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

Dec 29, 2013

My "Guess" would be: PS3 had a much larger user base at the time of PS3 release. Many PS4 users, me included, would love to see a PS4 version. Patience is a virtue.....

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 3 of 11 (319 Views)
Wastelander
528 posts

Dec 29, 2013

To help with this. Gran Turismo has ALWAYS released 2 games per system. PSX had GT1 and GT2, PS2 had GT3 and GT4. PS3 has GT5 and GT6 some may argue GT5P as a game as well. I don't because how limited it was. But there ya go. As far as I also know and read.

Kaz has been developing GT6 for PS3 since GT5 was released to the public. Hence why when the PS4 was announced. GT6 was pretty much already done for the PS3 game engine. Ya know.

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg

"Some people in your life come and go.. But those who you've never met, are the ones who are your angels."- Thanks nuTTTz ever day I turn my system on, you brought me back to GAMING.
Thanks TRLWNC you know how it goes. And you sir are a great guy.
Message 4 of 11 (298 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Kaz did say best case scenario gt6 will be avaliable at the end of 2014... th I doubt that but hey, at least it something
KRAZOR8
Message 5 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2854 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013

krazor8 wrote:
Kaz did say best case scenario gt6 will be avaliable at the end of 2014... th I doubt that but hey, at least it something

Assuming you mean GT7, I would be surprised if it was released in less than 2 years time, and Id bet closer to 3.

Message 6 of 11 (247 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1756 posts

Dec 30, 2013
There's some major competition coming to the PS4 in (scheduled) late 2014 - called Project C.A.R.S. PD will have a tough go keeping up with what I've seen so far.

Driveclub is woefully inadequate by comparison; and no word on any other racing sims coming yet. Not to get concerned yet; it's still a ways to go. PCars is the only reason th0at I can justify a new console, so I'm saving my allowance!
Message 7 of 11 (233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2946 posts

Dec 30, 2013
The PS4 is supposed to be a LOT easier to develop for that the proprietary PS3. The game for it will come comparatively quickly.

Really depends on how much content cars and tracks wise they want "Just on GT7" which is not just carried from GT6.

That is why I'd say a couple of years, just for time to develop new models. P-Cars may change Sony's minds though and push it out sooner.
Message 8 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4254 posts

Dec 30, 2013
I just hope they get a good, solid, stable foundation before they dump it and say, "More to come".

I haven't been bugged by problems, but it would be bad if the PS4 had some.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Message 9 of 11 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
62 posts

Dec 30, 2013

They needed a spike in old, profitable PS3 units to carry the low ball PS4 intro pricing. They asked a number of developers to release new titles on the PS3 this holiday season to spike sales.

They are also using games like this as an up sell point to move people to the PS4.

"See how much better it looks" will be a mantra heard for the next year or two for all of these titles.

This is all planned out. The only issue is that Drive Club was delayed, otherwise the GT6 to GT6.5/GT7 program is right on schedule. If anything, I anticipate the port to the PS4 sooner than the 2 years I originally figured they wanted to run with. Figure 1 year committed DLC and a 1 year marketing phase for the up sell for Christmas 2015.

However, with all the NotWork issues and the game glitches and problems on release I don't see them waiting. Instead of trying to waste time fixing the PS3 version properly, I see them "consoling" PS3 GT6 owners by trying to get them to jump ship to the PS4. Once they get the game there, the community will be their biggest sales force... They'll fix the big stuff and keep their promises on the PS3, but like GT5 many problems won't ever see a real fix, they'll be "features" of GT6.5/GT7... On the PS4.

Patience is a virtue, but for PD and SONY it's also a marketing tool. They have this thing where they believe people can wait for it. With little for competition this has been true, but competition is coming. Time is no longer the ally or marketing tool it used to be for them. It's my opinion, but this is likely the first time PD actually doesn't have the time to waste making a move, they honestly cannot afford a prologue/GT5/GT6 time frame for GT6.5/GT7.

Guess time will tell... :smileyindifferent:

_

DZ's actual Stunt Double

Sig coming soon to a Theater near you...
Message 10 of 11 (174 Views)
0 Likes