Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4523 posts

Re: Help on these **** Lambo Events

Oct 5, 2012

BlackhawkBlues wrote:
...And the Autumn Ring I ALMOST HAVE HIM!!!! but I can't seem to get that extra .05 of a second, that's the closest I've gotten on that track so far.

You'll get that one soon. Just keep goin'. :smileywink: If you're that close, it's just gonna take getting through one or two corners a wee bit better and you'll have it beat.

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 21 of 33 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

Oct 5, 2012

How much difference (percentage wise per track in time) do you think the Softs give over the Hards? I won't get a chance to try these events again myself, until this evening or tomorrow. I do realize that it may vary per driver and their own style.:smileyhappy:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 22 of 33 (329 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41967 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Got a few more runs in and no matter if I came in second or fourth, I always had a 9.x deficit. :smileyindifferent:

Go figure. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 23 of 33 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 6, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

How much difference (percentage wise per track in time) do you think the Softs give over the Hards? I won't get a chance to try these events again myself, until this evening or tomorrow. I do realize that it may vary per driver and their own style.:smileyhappy:

On Grand Valley in equal cars it was 4-6 seconds.

The kicker is that with tire wear off, as the way seasonals are done, hards don't even start turning good lap times for 4-5 laps depending on track. Softs will start giving you better grip at temp before the end of two.

However, Softs will start playing slip and slide by 4 or 5 if you push them too hard.

White tires are not a good thing. Softs running white will run slower than cold hards...

It's also important to note that I think PD has finally managed to carry the OEM chassis feel all the way through to the race chassis.

Every car I've set up in the last week has had to have settings very specific to that car.

As an example, the Scion and it's twins like stiff shocks and sways for the Sports tires, they grip really well that way.

The same set up on an RX 7 Spirit and it's all over the place. It likes soft shocks and sways.

In days gone by, race chassis setups could be fairly consistent across drivetrain platforms for equal weight and HP. That is no where near the case now. The cars are performing on default race chassis similar to default OEM chassis, and there's a sweet spot for nearly every car now as opposed to every drive train.

Every car's personality is evident all the way through the tuning process in a much deeper way, at least to me. Even the standard LSD settings I used to use religiously are no longer predictable.

For a tuner, it's either become heaven or the hotplace...

For me, it's heaven.

It's a lot more work, but if you can find that razor's edge... It was worth 2 seconds a lap at GV in the Scion...:smileyhappy:

With the network wonky again today, Lambos and wheelie cars look to be on the agenda.

I'm actually looking forward to learning something new. Well, OK. "kind of" looking forward to it anyway... :smileytongue:

__

Photobucket
Message 24 of 33 (280 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8466 posts

Oct 9, 2012

I haven't read through all of the advice here, so if this has been said already, please forgive me.

but I just finally sat down and did two of the five events, and it did take a few tries each to win.

the single-most important thing to achieving a win is passing in such away that maintains your speed and does not cause a collision.

I used the Gallardo I had tuned for one of the recent TT's.

PD is trying to teach that, it is apparent.  However, their AI does "get in the way" pun intentional.

but you have to deal with less-skilled and inexperienced drivers when you race others online too, so this is good practice for avoiding collisions even when it seems like it is impossible.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 25 of 33 (246 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

On Grand Valley in equal cars it was 4-6 seconds.

The kicker is that with tire wear off, as the way seasonals are done, hards don't even start turning good lap times for 4-5 laps depending on track. Softs will start giving you better grip at temp before the end of two.

However, Softs will start playing slip and slide by 4 or 5 if you push them too hard.

White tires are not a good thing. Softs running white will run slower than cold hards...

It's also important to note that I think PD has finally managed to carry the OEM chassis feel all the way through to the race chassis.

Every car I've set up in the last week has had to have settings very specific to that car.

As an example, the Scion and it's twins like stiff shocks and sways for the Sports tires, they grip really well that way.

The same set up on an RX 7 Spirit and it's all over the place. It likes soft shocks and sways.

In days gone by, race chassis setups could be fairly consistent across drivetrain platforms for equal weight and HP. That is no where near the case now. The cars are performing on default race chassis similar to default OEM chassis, and there's a sweet spot for nearly every car now as opposed to every drive train.

Every car's personality is evident all the way through the tuning process in a much deeper way, at least to me. Even the standard LSD settings I used to use religiously are no longer predictable.

For a tuner, it's either become heaven or the hotplace...

For me, it's heaven.

It's a lot more work, but if you can find that razor's edge... It was worth 2 seconds a lap at GV in the Scion...:smileyhappy:

With the network wonky again today, Lambos and wheelie cars look to be on the agenda.

I'm actually looking forward to learning something new. Well, OK. "kind of" looking forward to it anyway... :smileytongue:

__

As is nearly always the case, you have effectively described in great detail what changes have now been put into effect, and some sound advice on how to apply that info. This is a very valuable tool for any and all who car to read your posts and take advantage of the benefit that you have provided to us. I greatly appreciate your insights, and always bookmark them. Lately I've been also copying them to a Word document (labeled Dan_Zitions Tuning Guide) just incase the Forum decides to "Notwork" or some such thing.

Thank you so much for the in-depth analysis you give and the careful attention to detail. It is hard to even put into words,  how much your posts help when I am tuning lately. :smileyhappy:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 26 of 33 (229 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4523 posts

Oct 10, 2012

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:
It is hard to even put into words,  how much your posts help when I am tuning lately. :smileyhappy:

That's because Dan used up all the words. There are no more left for us. :smileyvery-happy:

j/k Dan :smileywink:

You keep doin' what you do. We all (well, most of us) really do appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

Race how you expect to be raced.

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 27 of 33 (205 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Hi All,

Is there any way to beat this event !!?

I´ve tried some tunes you have post here, trying my own tuning, mixing tunes, etc but I can´t beat Nurburgring, the best I get is 5th.

How an old car like Miura can defeat a more advanced, powerful car like SV 670 fully tuned? I know that the driver is a very important factor but really I try everything even cut curners by the grass, push cars aside (I know this is not fair) but I can´t get closer to the miuras '73 wirh a SV¨10 !!! i Have 112 Hp more than the Miuras, 4x4, aero, weight reduction, etc  this is not normal !!  

Help meeeee please

Regards  

Message 28 of 33 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8466 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

Hi MAU,

welcome.

I found the Nurburgring race the most difficult as well, and I'm pretty good at the track.  I used a Gallardo, but I think it wasn't the easiest win of the cars I could have chosen.

It took several attempts to beat Nurb, and the challenge was maintaining momentum while making it past other cars.  The AI cars simply don't give you room to pass unless there's contact first.  In this one race, I bashed them finally to make sure that I did not have to suffer in my lap time because of their own unfairness.  But be sure not to intentionally cause contact that isn't needed.  If you need to push a little to get past another car.  Do it.  But don't do it in a way that will slow you down at all.  That's what you are trying to avoid in the first place by getting past the AI sooner.

However, it was still difficult.  You can't cut either, as it just ends up in a worse lap time usually.  Keeping up a fast pace is what you need.

the brakes are hardly ever used, except in obvious areas.  in winding and twisty sections, you simply tap the brake just enough to get the car to learn in the opposite direction.  if the car won't turn, you're going too fast or turned too late.

Fast is sometimes slow.

To give you an idea of the type of pace you need to keep up for the whole lap, you MUST pass the first car before the first checkpoint, and actually prior to the straight that contains the first checkpoint.

tap that brake, and tap it early to get your car to lean in and turn toward the apex, ingoring the fact that you are not gassing it through the turn.  (remember, fast is slow).

EDIT: Oh, and the Muira is a beasty car even if it is old.  Plus, they start them out in the lead so it's easy for them to stay there.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 29 of 33 (157 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 24, 2012

MAU-SCX09 wrote:

How an old car like Miura can defeat a more advanced, powerful car like SV 670 fully tuned? I know that the driver is a very important factor but really I try everything even cut curners by the grass, push cars aside (I know this is not fair) but I can´t get closer to the miuras '73 wirh a SV¨10 !!! i Have 112 Hp more than the Miuras, 4x4, aero, weight reduction, etc  this is not normal !!  

As Ex said that Miura is a beast of a car for it's age. 

While the SV 670 is undoubtedly a good car too I think you might be having extra difficulty with it because to actually meet the event requirements you have to detune the SV quite significantly.  From the dealership I think it comes around 575PP and with the weight reduction it's going to raise the PP even more, that means you have to shed a good 30+PP by turning down the aero and reducing power to make the 550PP (I think?) limit.

The Miura starts out under PP and only needs a few bolt on power upgrades to get there because it's already a light car.  So on the one hand you've got the big, heavy, powerful SV 670 that's been detuned Vs. the light, nimble and quick Miura that's been upgraded (at max weight reduction the SV 670 is still almost 300kg heavier than the stock weight Miura). 

On a track like the Nordschleife with all it's twists and turns the Miura is in it's element because it's such a light / nimble car compared to the modern day Lambos.  Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you couldn't beat the event with the SV 670, just that given that particular track and PP combo you might have more success with a different car.

I need to revisit the event as I haven't made 1st place there yet myself, but for what it's worth I'm pretty sure my best is a close 2nd place using the 1974 Countach LP400.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 30 of 33 (146 Views)