I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Re: Help on these **** Lambo Events

Oct 4, 2012
Something I'd been trying lately that seems to be especially relevant since the 2.08 update is to run cars with as many stock parts or as little tuning as possible.

I'd won Rome before 2.08 using the '88 Anniversary Countach at stock weight, with all the power bolt-ons (I think it comes to 543PP), Fixed Suspension, stock LSD, clutch and a transmission suited to the track (might have been stock or close ratio, I don't recall off hand) .

For me it's a car that has always handled well with minimum tuning, like if I try to mess with it I often make it worse, though for the sake of the event it might be worth putting it on a small diet.

I also did the SSR5 one last night using the older '74 LP400 Countach, it was pretty well loaded up to 550PP but had a pre-2.08 tune on it that I forgot to reset to default so the handling wasn't great at all but I think because it's fairly light (mine is at 1024kg) it worked out well enough to win by 5 seconds over the Miura twins.
Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Oct 4, 2012

buddyfreakind wrote:

lsd 60 60 20

Those first two numbers are way higher than my "standard" numbers - which I think are 10 20 12.  Those low numbers were first recommended to help reduce wheelspin on cars like the Cobra and I have used them ever since.

What do the higher numbers do?  I expect that you do not have to worry about wheelspin as much on a 4WD car.  So are those numbers intended to take advantage of reduced wheelspin tendencies of a 4WD car?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:

I also like the Miura. When tuning it, I think of it like an Elise... Ballast the snot out of it and HP and TQ it up. These cars actually like the extra weight, and it makes them incredibly stable compared to normal. The extra weight will let you keep the car up for the RH, needed for the Ring and will let you use some serious camber to hold higher speed corners without Aero.

And it does go quite fast...

Yes, the Muira was definitely the fastest at the end of the long straight on the 'Ring.  About 20 mph faster than the other Lambos.  But, perhaps I should amend my earlier statement:

"The only way to beat a Muira is to use a Muira - or to be right behind one at the beginning of the long final straight on the 'Ring (and pray that you have set your top speed high enough to take full advantage of the resulting draft)."

That's how I finally won the race at the 'Ring - by using the draft off #2 to slingshot around and eventually catch up with #1, passing him in the final turn.  Needless to say, I took that one victory and did not fall for the Ai's offer of "best 2 out of 3".

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (266 Views)
PlayStation MVP
39855 posts

Oct 4, 2012

buzbuz33 wrote:

Needless to say, I took that one victory and did not fall for the Ai's offer of "best 2 out of 3".

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 4, 2012

buzbuz33 wrote:

buddyfreakind wrote:

lsd 60 60 20

Those first two numbers are way higher than my "standard" numbers - which I think are 10 20 12.  Those low numbers were first recommended to help reduce wheelspin on cars like the Cobra and I have used them ever since.

What do the higher numbers do?  I expect that you do not have to worry about wheelspin as much on a 4WD car.  So are those numbers intended to take advantage of reduced wheelspin tendencies of a 4WD car?

Nope, that's for the anniversery addition.  It's MR, not 4wd.  I put lsd at full for some things and some cars.  Can't stand the one wheel peel and that lambo needs to be driven aggressively, turn with your foot type thing.  Usually I'll run a 17, 37, 15 on the lsd  with FR cars depending on hp and weight and I adjust from there.  4wd cars are a whole different setup per car per track.  88 lambo is no cobra, 1000 times easier to control and needs all the tourqe it can get to win those races.   These are just my 88 settings and everybody has a different style of driving, those settings just suit the way I drive it.  With the all the tourque going to the wheels it hauls out of corners and will snap around whenever needed on tight hairpins.  I blame two stroke dirt bikes, caused me to to steer with my foot instead of the wheel but that's just me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (245 Views)
PlayStation MVP
39855 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Feldynn wrote:
What tires are you using? There's actually an error in the main event description which says you're to use "Sports: Hard or less" but in the Requirements popup it lists "Sports: Soft or less", the other cars are all running on softs and you are allowed to use them yourself.

Might be you've already spotted PD's mistake there and are running on the right tires, but I figure I'd mention it just in case :smileyhappy:.

Last night, I sent this notice in, so let's see if the text changes.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (229 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
39855 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Gallardo / Nurfburgerhoffenring

Second time through, I was less than ten secs down, so I need to find about 1 sec / section.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Well, I've beaten all but 2 of them now with that setup Buddy gave me using the '88 Countach, and yes running on Sport Softs. The 'Ring I'm nowhere close to beating after 10 runs, still 20 seconds at the end of the race behind. And the Autumn Ring I ALMOST HAVE HIM!!!! but I can't seem to get that extra .05 of a second, that's the closest I've gotten on that track so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Oct 5, 2012

I would recommend using the Gallardo. If I remember correctly, the car is pretty much stock at 550pp (or requires a tiny amount of tweaking to get there). When I did it, my gallardo was almost stock, the upgrades I made where to the gears which even then is hardly necessary as they're pretty much spot on and shift quickly in stock form too. I left all other parts like the engine and suspension stock. It's not really to do with the car's set up, but more how you drive to get the most out of it, and this car needs to be driven aggressively. I did fit the aero parts too, but that was simply form over function, they are totally unnecessary as well, so I set the wing at minimum.

I was asked on GTplanet to post up a video run of the Gallardo. In it I finished an admittedly messy run in 6:50. After a few more attempts at being cleaner, I was able to get down to 6:45, beating the first Miura by 20 seconds. Check out the apex speeds in the video, that's an important factor, and also how to approach the corners and how to purposely kick the rear end out to try and eliminate the car's habit of understeering. Good luck, I hope the video helps.

Gallardo lap around Nurburgring

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1413 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Feldynn wrote:
What tires are you using? There's actually an error in the main event description which says you're to use "Sports: Hard or less" but in the Requirements popup it lists "Sports: Soft or less", the other cars are all running on softs and you are allowed to use them yourself.

You have to be @#%@ me, 4 hrs busting my rear side with Sport Hards and now this. JK, I had fun with the races and thanks for the info, at least I haven't tried the ring yet.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (189 Views)
0 Likes