Highlighted
Oct 03 2012
By: BlackhawkBlues Sackboy 492 posts

Help on these **** Lambo Events

32 replies 533 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

Ok, I know this has been posted before but it's been awhile since this seasonal event has been out. I can NOT for the life of me beat these Lambo events. I've beaten ONE out of the 5, and the one I beat was last night on the special stage route and even that took me 2 hours, I used the Aventador (messed with HP and Ballast)

Now, it seems as if these Muira's are unbeatable in the others. I barely beat them on the special stage route, by 1.03 seconds to be exact.

Here's my others:

Rome Reverse - best is 6th place, finished 19 seconds behind (I've used Gallardo, Murc, Muira, '88 Countach)

Autumn Ring Reverse - best is 5th place, finished 21 seconds behind (I've used Muira and '88 Countach so far)

The 'Ring - best is 7th place, finished 25 seconds behind (used the Aventador)

I haven't tried the other race yet. My problem with the Muira lies in that this car, even though it's nice, is WAY too back end happy because it's so light. No, I haven't done any weight reductions on it, but it is up to the 550pp spec. Same with the Murc, even though it's a lot more weight, too back end happy, therefore you're sliding all over just like the Muira. The Aventador, '88 Countach, and the Gallardo don't do that, but aside from the special stage route, those cars aren't even close to beating the other races. Just for the sake of it, I took all the Lambo's in the game, ran them on the 'Ring at 550pp, and the Aventador had the best time, second was the '88 Countach. So tell me how in God's name is the Muira running away with all these races, because it sure as hell doesn't corner nor does it handle as well as the others (Murc is terrible also).

Message 1 of 33 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Re: Help on these **** Lambo Events

Oct 3, 2012

the anniversary lambo is what I used.   here's the setup...

Did all weight reduction and upgrades then adjusted settings as follows...

weight over all 1300kg balance 44-56  at -30 added wieght is 59kg.

lsd 60 60 20

suspension -5 -5, 14.6  15.0, 5 5 2, 5 5 2.  Camber 0.7, 0.5

180 mph final drive with 4.090 final gear, that makes the number at the top right 184 (that's for rome)  forgot to write down the gear ratios, basically just adjusted them so that it's always in the powerband when shifting.

That's it.   Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 33 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
492 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Thanks Buddy, I just added those specs so I'll hit the track and see what happens
Message 3 of 33 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Oct 3, 2012

The Muiras seem to have great straight line speed.  So it sometimes takes a Muira to beat a Muira.

The other car I had the best luck with was the 640 (the one that is listed just behind the Muira in the lineup).  It had the best combination of weight and HP.  However, things might have gotten worse for the 640 with the last upgrade.  Spoliers now generate more drag - which could reduce your top speed.  But the Muiras don't use spoilers and the AI drivers don't care.

Regardless of what car I used and especially for the 'Ring, I made the car as heavy as possible so that I could add more HP - figuring that on long straights, physics would eventually work in my favor.  You can add a lot of HP to the Muira.

On Rome, you may have noticed this already, but there is one curve - just before the back straight - that, if you enter it just right, you can take it almost without slowing down.  That is one place where I gained on the AIs.

That challenge took me forever to beat, especially on the Ring.  After I was done, I decided to "relax" by trying for the GTR 'Ring trophy that had eluded me for over a year.  It took only a couple of days to beat it and was a lot more relaxing.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 33 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 3, 2012

no prob, you'll want to add a bit of speed to the trans for the other courses but that setup worked awsome for rome, was ok on the others, nurb I had to run twice cause the trans was to short but after adding some speed I was at the bend on the last straight before 2nd was even on the straight.  Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 33 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
492 posts

Oct 3, 2012
I've ran Rome 5 times now with that setup, and just NOW I got 2nd place....0.052 from first place...grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Message 6 of 33 (508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Beat of them with gallardo with aero and tranny set to track except nurgerg ring got third. I am going to try anniversery and aventor with the setting on my post lambo 550pp and this post let you now how it works out.

Message 7 of 33 (492 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 4, 2012
What tires are you using? There's actually an error in the main event description which says you're to use "Sports: Hard or less" but in the Requirements popup it lists "Sports: Soft or less", the other cars are all running on softs and you are allowed to use them yourself.

Might be you've already spotted PD's mistake there and are running on the right tires, but I figure I'd mention it just in case Smiley Happy.
Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 8 of 33 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Feldynn wrote:
What tires are you using? There's actually an error in the main event description which says you're to use "Sports: Hard or less" but in the Requirements popup it lists "Sports: Soft or less", the other cars are all running on softs and you are allowed to use them yourself.

Might be you've already spotted PD's mistake there and are running on the right tires, but I figure I'd mention it just in case Smiley Happy.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been trying this seeries of events on the junk tires. We'll see how I do tomorrow on the softs.Smiley Wink

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 9 of 33 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I beat Rome with a Gallardo, but it hates SS5. I have an 88 and a Miura, both are capable of winning. The thing with all Lambos, except the latest one is that they hate to turn, especially the 4 wheel drives. The Gallardo was set up to almost stop and start to win Rome, which I did pretty handily once I got the feel of the car. SS5 just has too many sweepers for it to want to do well for me.

I had an 88 that was perfect, but I lost it... Somehow the car was dropped from a save or was lost when I had the data corruption last October. I don't know. It does sucketh mightily though... She was a good and faithful machine.

I do know 88 is a severely underestimated piece. It's much more capable than it pretends to be, doesn't need Aero and can win all of these events. At least once I reconcile my past tune with all the changes and getting back to the proper feel... Of all the cars, I personally feel it's the best suited, and is the most capable at the PP level. Once you get a handle on it and learn what it likes it's stable and fast, and it can actually turn.

I also like the Miura. When tuning it, I think of it like an Elise... Ballast the snot out of it and HP and TQ it up. These cars actually like the extra weight, and it makes them incredibly stable compared to normal. The extra weight will let you keep the car up for the RH, needed for the Ring and will let you use some serious camber to hold higher speed corners without Aero.

And it does go quite fast...

What's tripping me up more than anything now is that the suspensions, particularly the shocks, are much more sensitive to the tire you're running. The same set up across all three sports tires doesn't seem to hold up as well as it used too. It's definitely different on race tires, where RS to RH is a huge difference in grip vs bite. I've had to soften RH suspensions that handle RM and RS tires without issue.

So far, I haven't been able to determine the shock sweet spot for the SS,SM or SH tires yet. This is compounded by the swaybars, which seem to either change daily, or have become VERY car specific. This is also the case with the LSD's in some cars. I've had to really change some pretty standard set ups that have worked for ages for some cars.

Go grab a Sylvia S 14 from the new car dealer and compare it to the new Toyota or Scion. The Silvia is totally backwards in what it wants, it actually wants a stiffer back end than the traditional stiffer front. It also has some odd LSD wants, though the factory DIF is very low, if you take weight out of the car or add DF, it messes with it. It can cause a wicked hop or kick out on the back end with numbers too low. I set it to 21/35/14 from 21/28/7 and all of a sudden the car is turning like a champ. Adding extra rear spring and shock helped it too, though on paper it just makes me shake my head.

If anything, I think PD finally managed to carry over the differences in the cars with the standard OEM chassis into the other chassis and how they perform as well. Before, similar wt and power and balance was a similar set up no matter the car with a full race chassis. It seems to be more in tune with the car now as opposed to just being a generic race chassis set up, meaning you can't just carry that magic bag of 8 tunes around anymore. At least for me anyways. Everyone who knows what they're doing is shaking their heads now... LOL...

Got to love the added depth... Just makes the tuning and the drive that much more interesting.

But man... It's costing me a fortune in note books... Smiley Very Happy

___

Photobucket
Message 10 of 33 (447 Views)