Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Re: Head Tracking doomed to fail?

Sep 1, 2009

calvins48 wrote:

package11 wrote:
Yeah i had the nike but i dont rmember how i got it. I wish i never sold that game. Ive never had an eye toy, I yhink ill get one.

You mean a PS EYE.

The PS2 had the EyeToy.

The PS3 has the PlayStation EYE.

Hmm didnt know that Good to hear from you calvy bud Yeah you know the eyeball thingamikjig
Message 51 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Sep 1, 2009

Sven-RIT wrote:

TheMainVR4 wrote:

yah, no doubt, he was the god father of that, im glad its coming to the ps3, even if it was acquired by a page from Micro soffts book

Wait, what? What are you talking about? Natal? Sony was doing this stuff on the PS2 long before anyone at Microsoft thought of Natal, and even before Nintendo started doing it.

No, i was refering to Sony taking the programs of other/open source and making it their own, like mircosoft does for half its code lol.

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 52 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 2, 2009
Head Tracking Doomed to Fail with the PS Eye yes now the one that goes on your head like the Discontinued PUD-J5A no i have the one that goes on your Head it Works Quite Well in Gran Turismo 4 but does have some Minor Issues and yes GT4 does have Head Tracking with the Head Mounted Display yet GT5 Prologue does not but using just the PS Eye Sucks since i can turn my head farther then 20 Degrees if any of you would like to see the Head Mounted Version you can get any Head Mounted Display that has a USB Cable and the Game should Notice it but i still would love to use my PSP as a Rear view Mirror.
Message 53 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

Sep 2, 2009

Why Do People Type Like This? It Seems Like Too Much Work

However, Head tracking seems like it would fail if you weren't completely focused on the race, and as it is, in c0ckpit view, I can't even see 90% of the racetrack when I'm driving, so I don't use it. If I could use it on bumpercam then it might be more useful to me, but I don't really want to be checking my blind spot all that often anyway.

Message 54 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Sep 10, 2009

This was released yesterday on "GamerZines"

Gran Turismo 5 gets head-tracking So you can look around the car as you would in real life, we presume. Written by David Scammell, 09 September 2009

Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that his team's upcoming racer will support in-game head-tracking via the PlayStation Eye camera accessory.

Head-tracking technology allows the player to look around a 3D space using their head, which then manipulates the game's camera.

Though it hasn't been revealed exactly how the feature has been implemented into Gran Turismo, we imagine you'll be able to turn your head to look out of either window and around the c0ckpit when driving in the first-person perspective, rather than using the analogue sticks.

It's the first time that the feature will have ever been used in a console game, and was first spotted on Polyphony's website during GamesCom. However, most had their doubts, citing it as a mistranslation. Yamauchi has since confirmed it to be true.

Though it's been available since late-2007, many developers have chosen not to use the technology contained within PlayStation Eye, with only turn-based card game The Eye of Judgment making notable use of the camera to date.

That game allowed players to scan cards containing creatures and items into the camera, before they came to life on-screen. EyePet, which launches later in the autumn, is set to do a similar thing, being Sony's equivalent to Nintendo's popular Nintendogs that allows players to raise a virtual pet and draw drawings on paper that can be scanned into the camera. The contents of the picture will then be implemented into the game world.

Gran Turismo 5 is currently scheduled for a Q4 2009 release according to an official Sony document revealed at GamesCom (HERE). It's predicted that a specific release date for the game will be revealed at Tokyo Game Show, which kicks off on September 24th.

Message Edited by IamMondo on 09-10-2009 09:17 AM
Message Edited by IamMondo on 09-10-2009 09:20 AM
Photobucket
Message 55 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1883 posts

Sep 10, 2009
No one has seen it yet, how could it be doomed to fail?
Message 56 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12272 posts

Sep 10, 2009
That's just about the best piece of professional reporting I've seen on GT5, in a good long time. Even points to the most beliveable of rumours, without being so bold as to rock the boat that is the rabid GT community. Some of these articles have quoted game store pre-order dates as their best guesses.
DriverSports.org
Message 57 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12272 posts

Sep 10, 2009

Sadaiyappan wrote:
No one has seen it yet, how could it be doomed to fail?

I think that notion was killed early on in this thread. HT has potential. So does 3-D!

DriverSports.org
Message 58 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Sep 10, 2009
Since that announcement was made by SCEE, ie Europe, there is no gurantee that we in the Americas will get it at the same time.
Old age is not for sissies.
Message 59 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Sep 10, 2009

greyghost2 wrote:
Since that announcement was made by SCEE, ie Europe, there is no gurantee that we in the Americas will get it at the same time.

Always sooooo optimistic...hahahahha

Photobucket
Message 60 of 60 (33 Views)
0 Likes