Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2013
By: SennaGt10 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

HELP PLAYING THE GAME, I APPRECIATE IT, - Please

6 replies 277 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

:smileysad: 

Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping me out.

So I got the game and didthe b-spec license.

I go on to race, and I choose a driver

When I go race, I'M NOT RACING....I'm watching and encouraging someone race I can help the driver pass?

HOW DO I GET TO RACE MYSELF?

SORRY, THIS IS MY FIRST VIDEO GAME.

Thanks in advancem

Message 1 of 7 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2312 posts

Re: HELP PLAYING THE GAME, I APPRECIATE IT, - Please

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

A-Spec is you in the driver seat. To engage in A-spec you may need to take license tests first, although I can't recall any more.

B-Spec makes you the race manager. 

Youo can also use arcade mode or the practice tracks, but A-spec is where you begin the journey for racing.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 2 of 7 (272 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1686 posts

Feb 25, 2013
A-spec is the place to be if you want to race, earn credits and cars. As you progress through the game, you will need to achieve the licenses and be at a specific level (0 - 40) to participate in a certain type of event.

Leveling up is your mark of experience through the game. Get more points by winning online or offline events and seasonals. More points gives you access to more cars, and completed license events let you join tougher races.

Clear as mud? :smileytongue:
Message 3 of 7 (264 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Feb 25, 2013

SennaGt10 wrote:

So I got the game and didthe b-spec license.

Here's about where you made an assumption that turned out to be wrong.  The licenses don't restrict you from entering any event, but your 'level' does.  You will level up (via XP) as you play.

As the other guys have said, 'b-spec' is where you coach a driver - anywhere else and you're driving.

Message 4 of 7 (257 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Also, the higher your level, the longer it takes to reach the next level, so be sure to have that 200% login bonus active as often as possible, because you'll earn more cash/experience points, as well as level up quicker with the 200% login bonus active. Also, if I remember correctly, the license tests are NOT required to partake in any events, but you do need to purchase a car before you can begin the license tests.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 5 of 7 (237 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Thank you and I will try it

Message 6 of 7 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Don't forget... if you have an online connection, you can race shuffle and spec rooms, and the cars are provided for you, with no requirement of License Test. You can create an online room, and cars up to 500PP in shuffle, and much higher in spec can be taken out for a drive.

If your skills aren't up to racing yet, you can always create your own 'Free Run' room, and simply drive them around and get a feel for them... The car selection is the same as the Arcade cars, but with no restrictions while you are learning!

Message 7 of 7 (195 Views)
0 Likes