First Son
5 posts

Re: Gt5 vs. forza 4 the differents in companies when it comes to muscle cars to me

Oct 16, 2012

Well, I know about Porsche, but there are a lot of vintage/modern cars wich could be put in GT5, racing or road and since GT5 got Ferrari then lets make the most of it, put in the mid 60's 250 Lemans or some can-am cars. Realistically there shouldn't be a Toyota Prius on the premium section of GT5, but there shoud be a late 60's Toyota 2000GT premium and a racing mod available. I don't think people like that there's like 5 racing R34s in the game, but there isn't quite as much racing Mustangs, if any. I like Skylines, but I'm a motorsports fan and I want to see more racing cars and their road legal twins in the Premium section. I care if they are japanese or Stars and Stripes, but only if there's already a lot of them in game. I think that racing fans want more cars that aren't in the game. I do anyway. I understand your point though. Makes sense, but for "The Ultimate Driving Experience" we need a greater variety of cars.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Cat Embarassed

Message 61 of 66 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: Gt5 vs. forza 4 the differents in companies when it comes to muscle cars to me

Oct 16, 2012

Thing is, for the 'Ultimate' driving experience, we need ALL cars ever made. Not particularly practical, eh?!

And, whatever cars YOU choose, someone else will have a different set of priorities, and the next guy, and the next guy... ad infinitum. So, by extension, NO-ONE will ever have all of what they want. Mission accomplished!

Personally, the car is simply the vehicle in which I race. And, as long as the cars are identical or VERY similar, I could care less whether I'm racing a Prius or an NSX. They all take the same skill to win with...

Message 62 of 66 (282 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I don't think we need every car ever made, only the most significant to motorsports. Like the rally Audi Quattro, I want to see that one in GT5 for instance, some Alfa Romeos, the JTCC or WTCC cars...endless choice of cars. If you, or anyone for that matter, don't  care what you drive, props up man, great, knock yourself out playing with that Prius. On the other hand I do care what I play with.

My point is that I'm a racing enthusiast and like so I love those old cars of the 60's, the Group "B" rally cars from the 80's, the F1 cars from the same period, the Touring cars (BTCC!!!). Come on, I'm just bringing a point that's relevant to Vintage (or criple old if you will)  Motorsports enthusiasts. Games are made for fans and customers, I think that some cars are more relevant than others. That's it. I'm not saying everyone should think like me.

Message 63 of 66 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 18, 2012

No problem... just trying to point out the absurdity of it all! I'm in my fifties, and would love to see some more classic racing vehicles (rather than Fiat 500's, LOL), but I'd probably want to see them linked to vintage track layouts too. Shift2 had a DLC that added a bunch of 60-s and 70's cars, but also the 70's layout and look of Silverstone, Monza and many others, and that (if the darn game wasn't nerfed in the first place!) was just about perfect!

Sure, the Prius isn't exactly spine-tingling in its performance, but get a full grid of 16 good drivers in it, and racing can deliver as many white knuckle moments as tearing around out of control in a Yellowbird! There's a lot to be said for VERY close racing, where momentum and perfect line may be the only difference between you and a pass.

But the car list request is a sucking black hole of never to be satisfied longing! I'm pretty sure the average teenager has an utterly different set of needs than you and I! In the meantime, there's a little bit for EVERYONE. Not bad, if you think about it..!

Message 64 of 66 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 19, 2012

You got that teenager thing absolutly right. LOL

About the Prius and the drivers, that's right down to the bone. I agree with you. I don't know if you played the Gran Turismo 2, that one, I believe, had the best car list for the series. I did play until my fingers dropped. I'm nearing 30 yo, and I'm with you on the 50's cars, those classic Mercedes and Maseratis, glorious. Nice talking to you Mr. Destinkeys.

Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 66 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2012

lotusfilipe wrote:

You got that teenager thing absolutly right. LOL

About the Prius and the drivers, that's right down to the bone. I agree with you. I don't know if you played the Gran Turismo 2, that one, I believe, had the best car list for the series. I did play until my fingers dropped. I'm nearing 30 yo, and I'm with you on the 50's cars, those classic Mercedes and Maseratis, glorious. Nice talking to you Mr. Destinkeys.

Smiley Happy

wow... if that statement wasn't a "plant" i don't know what is.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 66 of 66 (204 Views)