Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: Gt5 vs. forza 4 the differents in companies when it comes to muscle cars to me

Oct 9, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

PD never required a PC to LAN GT before. We just used Ethernet switches (GT4) or Firewire hubs (GT3).

Yes, but to be able to use a PC's infinitely superior (...taken with a grain of salt as all PC's are not created equal...) RAM and processor to use as the host for the track would help. With a good box, 16 in the room would be cake, and latency and lag would be minimal with many in close proximity or in the same location. It would also free up the host's machine to just worry about his car and his surroundings, not the other 15...

In my mind, it's not an "either or", it's a "better best". It's an option that may help improve play or help groups get together and have races with a static host machine to revolve around that doesn't tie up the host's PS3, and isn't limited by the host PS3's RAM issues.

Besides, if it would help someone enjoy the game and play it, why be against it, whether want or idea...?

If PD can make it so, and it can work and make the game more playable or more enjoyable, remove the limitation and let it happen.

___

Photobucket
Message 41 of 66 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: Gt5 vs. forza 4 the differents in companies when it comes to muscle cars to me

Oct 10, 2012

If PD offered a LAN option, they wouldn't be able to force us to buy GT6 by closing down the GT5 servers after a while.

Probably why you'll never see it as an option.

Message 42 of 66 (343 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 10, 2012

You know what, I'm a fan of Gran Turismo 5, but i've seen some gameplay of Forza 4 and it seems pretty darn good. PluS it releases very exciting DLCs, wich GT5 has managed to let it slip away. I've seen the Porsche DLC from Forza and there's much more exciting cars than GT5. Sure GT5 has some exciting cars, but some of the most exciting aren't premium, BUT THE TOYOTA PRIUS IS! What's the point?! For me GT5 is letting it slip through its fingers, PLEASE STOP RELEASING CARS IN DLCs THAT NOBODY WANTS! This last one has only ONE car that I want to play with, and not that much anyway.

Let me ask something, honestly, is GT5 a racing simulator or a marketing simulator? That subaru BRZ is just another version of that Scion FR-S, so, why don't just put the subaru. Why is the Prius a premium car and the 69' GT40 isn't?!

Sony, PLEASE, PLEASE stop releasing pointless DLCs! Love the Gran Turismo series, but it is becoming just a marketing product, not because of the game dynamics (wich is the best and maybe the car sounds should be a little more beefier and "organic"), but because of the wrong choices that are being made.

Please put some vintage Ferraris, Lambos, Astons, Nissans, Hondas, Toyotas, Fords, Chevys, Shelbys, Lotus, Mclarens, Mercedes, Audis and PLEASE give us  something with RACING HISTORY!!!!

I don't like seeing my favorite car game fall down like this! Please take this as a desperate fan request! Smiley Mad

Smiley Sad

Message 43 of 66 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Give up on Porsche... it's a licensing issue. Trust me, if PD could have Porsche, they would!

Just think of GT5 as the Japanese Forza, and it starts to make sense. Forza is somewhat EU and US-centric, GT5 is Japanese-centric.

There's probably some kid in Tokyo going 'Forza..! Y U no have more Skylines?!'

Message 44 of 66 (297 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

This is anecdotal evidence, but when I used to play Halo 3 and look at the world map of how many people were playing it, japan had only a few tiny dots like Zimbabwe or some other remote location.  Madagascar had a few dots too.

While the Eastern seaboard of the US and West Coast were lit up brighter than a Christmas tree.

I don't think Forza should worry about the Japanese market as much as PD should worry about the US market.  Our numbers and purchasing ability alone make us a force to [that should] be reckonned with.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 45 of 66 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1751 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Folks if it was not for Gran Turismo "Forza" would not be the game it is. Forza would be just another arcade styled game like "Ridge Racer". (I hate that game)

My brother and close friend have tryed to pull me away for GT and no luck on both there ends and to the rest of you I live for GT only!!! Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 46 of 66 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2967 posts

Oct 11, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

Folks if it was not for Gran Turismo "Forza" would not be the game it is. Forza would be just another arcade styled game like "Ridge Racer". (I hate that game)

My brother and close friend have tryed to pull me away for GT and no luck on both there ends and to the rest of you I live for GT only!!! Smiley Tongue

Me personally, I kind of see it this way.

Think of driving sims in terms of cars. 

FM is the beater brand, most young guys start with a total crapbox car, and love it!

Mine was a Hyundai Pony 5 speed, bought it used and drove it like it owed me a fortune. It had something that no car Ive had since has, or will ever have, a top-of-the-head shaped dent in the roof on the passenger side. In all fairness I did suggest he put a seatbelt on as we were turning off-road.

Nowadays I still have great memories of my first car, but would prefer to drive something more mature, comfortable 4door sedan, or perhaps a new truck.

GT to me, is the more mature car, the Jag to FM's Pony.

While I would never trade my memories of my first car, I would not make that same choice today, sadly maturity has finally found me.

fuDDDy duDDDy

Message 47 of 66 (267 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 11, 2012

that is precisely why we find so many mature people in the world of GT racing, and why the haters all come in here and go "this sucks and that's cool and no hellafllush rims and body kits and stickers and blah blah blah"

if this game keeps them away, then good.  but that is not to say we don't need GT to keep growing and maturing itself.  there are some great innovations being had in other games.  but to ask GT to BE that other game, essentially, is wrong.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 48 of 66 (262 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Well, F4 seems to do a decent job of acknowledging RACING, something that at times PD seem to have forgotten is the core of their game. Drag, mixed class (who WOULDN'T want this in GT5/6, especially as we have larger grids?), these are fundamental RACING classes completely ignored by PD.

I know that a lot of kids focus on the ***** and livery aspects of F4 (and the frickin' Porsches!), but strip all the non-essential stuff away, and there are still some pretty important RACING aspects that F4 pay attention to. No, we don't want GT5/6 to be an F4 clone. But, just as there are aspects of GT5 that, if included in F4 would make it a better game, only a fanboy would say that there aren't SOME aspects of F4 that, if included in GT5/6, would make THAT a better game, too.

Edit: inappropriate language removed

Message 49 of 66 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 12, 2012

nuTTTz wrote:

White_R34 wrote:

Me personally, I kind of see it this way.

Think of driving sims in terms of cars. 

FM is the beater brand, most young guys start with a total crapbox car, and love it!

Mine was a Hyundai Pony 5 speed, bought it used and drove it like it owed me a fortune. It had something that no car Ive had since has, or will ever have, a top-of-the-head shaped dent in the roof on the passenger side. In all fairness I did suggest he put a seatbelt on as we were turning off-road.

Nowadays I still have great memories of my first car, but would prefer to drive something more mature, comfortable 4door sedan, or perhaps a new truck.

GT to me, is the more mature car, the Jag to FM's Pony.

While I would never trade my memories of my first car, I would not make that same choice today, sadly maturity has finally found me.

fuDDDy duDDDy

If what you're saying is true...

I currently have a Vega...(4za)

My 71 Caddy or a nice BMW or, no, it's definitely not a Porsche... (GT5)

And now just bought and am driving a Pagani Zonda R... (new game)

Sounds about right.

Now I gotta get me some water...

(...I had to pit twice in the middle of the night last night... Smiley Wink ...)

Photobucket
Message 50 of 66 (231 Views)