Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 30 2012
By: bink1fly First Son 3 posts

Gt5 vs. forza 4 the differents in companies when it comes to muscle cars to me

65 replies 778 views Edited Sep 30, 2012
Gt5 is made buy pd a japan company so their focus is more on their cars,vs forza 4 is made by turn 10 a american company so they focused on all the great american muscle cars..I like both games but when i want to have fun and drag I go to forza because they have the better muscle cars
Message 1 of 66 (778 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Re: Gt5 vs. forza 4 the differents in companies when it comes to muscle cars to me

Sep 30, 2012

Okay

Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 2 of 66 (758 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Re: Gt5 vs. forza 4 the differents in companies when it comes to muscle cars to me

Sep 30, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

Okay

I think that about sums it up...

Or maybe they haven't heard about drag racing old imports with transplanted rotaries or scream turbo'd Civics..?

This is like going to Post Cereal's forum and saying you like Nabisco's Shredded Wheat.

'Cuz it's more "shreddier"...

__

Photobucket
Message 3 of 66 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Maybe a better question would be, although they have drag racing in Japan, why is it T10 that include it in their game? Or, while they have mixed class racing in Japan, why is THAT completely ignored by PD, too?

I think too much credit is given PD simply for being based in Japan. Truth is, motorsports over there is very little different to over here. Oh, whoops... I said 'motorsports'. I keep forgetting that GT5 is supposed to have nothing to do with that (or at least, that's the excuse trotted out any time someone brings up the competition)!

Message 4 of 66 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:

Maybe a better question would be, although they have drag racing in Japan, why is it T10 that include it in their game? Or, while they have mixed class racing in Japan, why is THAT completely ignored by PD, too?

I think too much credit is given PD simply for being based in Japan. Truth is, motorsports over there is very little different to over here. Oh, whoops... I said 'motorsports'. I keep forgetting that GT5 is supposed to have nothing to do with that (or at least, that's the excuse trotted out any time someone brings up the competition)!

Your comment would have 100% more weight and value without this part added, and would welcome further discussion were it not present.

Agreed, a little jab is sometimes warranted, whether at a company, country or individual. But in this case it's not productive and just tells everyone to not respond. Of course if the goal is to have no one discuss any of this further, then well played...

But as I personally think PD fails to recognize that American Racing has it's roots in traditional "world" racing types, it also has within it roots in Hot Rodding, running the Salt Flats, Drag Racing, Oval Track, Saturday Night Dirt and Short Track and a host of other disciplines the rest of the "civilized world" didn't really take part in. I feel they fail to give that part of our racing heritage the credit or merit it deserves, they fail to consider it "as important" as sports car, endurance and formula or class racing is and or was in Japan and Europe. Heck, they give more respect to drifting than they do to anything related to American racing history.

I find this even more interesting because when Americans decided to go and "play ball" with those forms of racing on their home turf, turns out we were pretty good at it. But as the world seems to snub that part of history as irrelevant, so has the game. But hey, we did get that little WWII Toaster Strudel Wagon und der Schwimmenwagon...

I mean if you want to jab... We get those, but not the Daytona Cobra that achieved a mile stone in racing history..? 

I personally feel it's a fundamental philosophical difference that T10 recognizes in their game while PD does not. But even with it done in the other world, it isn't done right, not by a long shot. And that's just the tip of the iceberg for them, and a whole different discussion.

This leaving the roots of American car culture to flap in the desert wind would actually be something worth talking about...

But I fail to see how thumbing your nose at someone, some country or some other fan of GT5 that doesn't see as you do is going to encourage, enlighten or make them feel welcome to come over and discuss it.

If someone snarks at you, by all means snark back.

I just don't see the value of doing so right off the rip.

I don't see the purpose of alienating anyone who'd actually want to discuss this in any seriousness before you even really get started.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 66 (685 Views)
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 1, 2012

he does it because he can, if somebody disagrees or points out a fact contrary to his post the mods will just delete the post.    Also the reason why I've been quiet since about 4 posts of mine were deleted off the forum in one foul swoop.  

to the op, if you're going to come to a rival game forum and insult it, at least use the spell check feature.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 66 (673 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Or could it be the mods can tell the difference between arguing a point, and just arguing in as rude a manner as they think they can get away with? LOL

Look, after the same 'GT5 is a driving game, it's not supposed to be about racing' boilerplate has been trot out on at least three or so of my threads here, perhaps allow me the option of a pre-emptive strike! It's not like some people's opinions here are not completely predictable!

Anyhoo... I honestly think, if PD incorporated drag, mixed class, even some more rallycross (part street, part dirt), we'd all feel a lot better. I don't personally think that PD are particularly singling out the States. There are localized forms of racing unique to most areas, but why racing that is COMMON to pretty much us all is ignored is a bit grating.

Functionally, SSX is pretty much equivalent to salt flat speed runs. Just change tires to something softer to get the grip of salt... And let's not forget, the last DLC incorporated a new oval (or roval) at Motegi. That's a 50% increase in ovals! I don't think things are quite as bad as Dan makes out. But an accelerated pace of ANY track DLC would make most of us forget our minor gripes, large and small! For all of F4's more American slant, so far, NO track DLC at all!

And I'll take tracks over cars every day of the week and twice on Monday!

Message 7 of 66 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

To be honest, the "it's a driving" or "it's a racing" game goes back and forth depending on the argument or the case. I've read comments from many of the regulars that take a slight bent to whatever is being proposed. The fact is it's both. For me, it's a chance to recreate history as much as I can, the chance to drive legend and experience a time and place I couldn't have before. It's also a chance to actually drive at all. I can't in the real world any more due to my head injury. I could run someone over and and never realize it. That's a little more than just a scary thought to me.

I love the Motegi Oval. I call it "Marlington", as it's shape and size are rather reminiscent of Darlington. It's a tougher than it looks drive, 'specially with tire and fuel wear on in cars that weigh anything. Even though it's not "official", if I were in the NASCAR leagues I'd be tickled pink it made it in the game. I like Spa and the Motegi pak both, they were fine additions I was happy to pay for.

I wouldn't mind some more tracks for sure, and given the rumor mill, usually some of it pans out and makes it in to the game. That gives us 1 or 2 new tracks to look forward too eventually. And then there's the 20 or so oldies, many that I'd love to see reborn in current trim. Maybe not all of them, but there were some PD created gems that really should be in the game now. PD can complain about budget and man hours all they want. But the reality is there are a number of tracks that would sell VERY well and make up that time and money.

In my mind, there simply is no excuse for NOT having that type of DLC, especially concerning the made up tracks that were in GT4 where HD was a capability. They have the system down by now to do it with alacrity, it should be a no brainer to turn a couple of these loose and make some good money for themselves.

That and the track creator has been left to rot for far too long. Talk about something that could really add some longevity to the game. I would pay for a really good track creator. You hear that PD..? $$$. I (...and quite a few others I imagine..) would make your complaints about budget and time a little easier to deal with. I'd PAY you to fix it.

Yet you turn away and leave me hanging. You turn away and another of us leaves for another game, another venue, another home. Instead of making an honest dollar for something truly valuable to a core fan, you throw away the people that would gladly pay you and stay for corporate ad dollars and leave the game in the state it's in.

Must be nice that way. If you don't take our $$$, you don't owe us any favors, nor have to feel bad when the product doesn't deliver.

The reality is that Online is the ONLY thing that saved GT5.

Without that, it would be dead already. The only people playing the game are online for the most part. We know this because they are many of the people such as you and I, who are still here instead of racing because we're still asking for the same things we've been asking for forever and a day ago.

We take issue with this notion of being forced to live in a box. Some people don't mind a box, it's comfy...

But me, and you, and others prefer more choices, more options, more tracks if available or possible. Not necessarily complex items, but items that are definitely needed to create the variety and operations we need to keep the game enjoyable.

PD has shown it's more than willing to take corporate money, which is good in a way as it keep our costs down and gives them additional budget for GT5. But if they used that $$ and time to address what we speak of, selling ad space to the next corporate giant would be that much easier.

It's got to be a tough sell when you show that slide with the usage numbers going down each month as players spend more time elsewhere. I don't think PD has quite made the connection yet that keeping the core fans happy means steady numbers, and nice, slow steady growth. It's amazing how much easier it is to sell ad time in game when you can show growth over a long period than it is when all you have to show is steady decline.

GT is one of the few franchises that could actually pull that off. But it all starts with them actually reading this stuff and actually trying to communicate and actually putting those things into the game in a useful manner.

I know someone will say it's fine as is etc...

But seriously, the other day your were playing 4za, or F1 or some other game entirely.

If GT5 is so fine the way it is, why are so many of us playing something else...?

Why would you stand in the way of those that don't want to play other games when you're already moving on..?

And be honest, isn't one of the reasons you're not playing GT5 now because of the things we keep asking to be changed..? We all like a change of scenery sometimes, but with a good track creator, some real power in race set up and some real control of lounge and lobby, we could create a whole new dimension of GT5 that wasn't possible before.

Someday maybe it'll dawn on them that every post they see like this one is time spent trying to get some changes made instead of us being online racing and looking at their ads... And that for every one of us still posting like this, 2 of us have moved on to another game.

I don't like that trend. I don't want it to continue.

I'd rather see a better GT5.

And not have to shell out another $60 bucks for a GT6 that's going to do it all over again, thank you very much.

Seriously folks... If PD can't address GT5, what would make you think GT6 will be addressed any differently..?

If you honestly think GT6 will be the answer to GT5's problems, I'd be inclined to think you have your cart in front of one of Oz's dead horses.

___

Photobucket
Message 8 of 66 (571 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Dan_Zitions wrote:
That and the track creator has been left to rot for far too long. Talk about something that could really add some longevity to the game. I would pay for a really good track creator. You hear that PD..? $$$. I (...and quite a few others I imagine..) would make your complaints about budget and time a little easier to deal with. I'd PAY you to fix it.

You're definitely not alone there Dan!

In a way I can kind of understand PD not wanting to give us too complex a track creator so we don't scamper away and rebuild our own custom versions of real tracks and ruin their potential for future DLC packs (who'd buy Real_Track_Y if there was a very good custom track version of it?) but there's definitely some room for improvement I think.

A while back I had an idea that I don't think I ever posted on this forum, a separate DLC programme just for creating / testing custom tracks.  Something simple based on the old slot car kits we all probably had (or knew someone that did) when we were kids, you get a selection of corners, straights and other track pieces that you "snap together" to form a track, some basic controls to change track elevation / camber and a couple of cars to test the completed track with.

I may have to did that out, refine it as needed and find a suggestions thread to post it in.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 9 of 66 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8437 posts

Oct 3, 2012

yea we've talked at length about how the track creator could be enhanced, back before the wheel customization was added for Standards... and that was in the thread too.  They got the message about the wheels, (sort of) but not the track creator.

I think the issue with custom tracks being named  and mimicking real world tracks would not be too much of an obstacle for including the track later as DLC or in the next GT because the scenery complexity would always be reduced on whatever we make ourselves.

they could greatly enhance the track editor's control over the track made, including elevation of land it is placed one, banking of turns, direction of track, and many other things, AND still leave it looking more dull than a true PD created track.  It could look better than it does now, and give us the ability to place certain items like grand stands and pit locations , some trees, people... give us a resource budget so we don't place things in locations that will make a laggy track (that's the hardest part really), but the y could do all of that AND still make it less asthetically pleasing than a full-release licensed  track.

Because the accuracy of PD's scanning methods (please no further discussion or argument about how, when, and what) a re always going to be better than what we can create using a limited (even if enhanced) set of tools, I think most people would still buy the DLC.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 10 of 66 (554 Views)
0 Likes