Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
41022 posts

Re: Granturismo:ILLEGAL STREET RACE

Dec 5, 2012

Note to self: turn up the damage when I do the Top Gear track night next time. It was on my list to do, but it didn't get turned on. Time for a rematch. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 65 (167 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Dec 5, 2012

The title says it all.... Top Gear TEST TRACK... This was never meant to be a race track. But PD included it anyway... Who's trying to tell me they aren't open to new things? LOL

The Special at TGTT with the WWII cars again points out that PD aren't exactly humorless or unwilling to allow a certain amount of mayhem. Why would simply designing more open world city tracks be such a stretch for them?

Truth be told, I am sure pretty much everyone here that has ever played Burnout, or Hot Pursuit type games etc., has said to themselves 'Wouldn't this be awesome with GT5 quality cars, scenery and handling!'.

Trouble seems to be, maybe it's a bit harder saying it in public. One wouldn't want to offend the GT5 Orthodoxy, would one?!

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 65 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3272 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:

which you keep repeating... alas!

This is a joke right?   How could you have missed the fact that he was deliberately repeating hs post ONCE to make a point?

GT5 Othodoxy.  LOL   Just makes the irony that much more delicious to see dk the heretic, king of all repetition and belaboring of points, casting stones from a very big glass house.

Oh and as for the possibility of wishing for tuning and other things GT5 like, in something like Most Wanted......OK, so I've added the upgrades (already preset for to suit the game) and I say to myself, wouldn't it be great to tune these upgrades just like in GT5.  In the next race, I shall be drving on regular road surface, making sharp right turns down an alley, on to concrete, then on to gravel and dirt, driving blind in the dust, then jumping the kerb, then straight down the freeway over a ramp onto a long curving stretch of railway track to finsh in a large storm water drainage culvert.  Can you please tell me exactly what GT5 type suspension, transmission and differential adjustments I should make to get the most out of the race?

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 65 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3272 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:

Truth be told, I am sure pretty much everyone here that has ever played Burnout, or Hot Pursuit type games etc., has said to themselves 'Wouldn't this be awesome with GT5 quality cars, scenery and handling!'.

I'm not so sure about that.  In recent years I played some of the other games, online with friends from this very forum, and it has even been remarked that the scenery is better in some of the other games.  The beautiful, but Disneyland-manicured landscape of GT5 would be terrible in some other games with the more gritty look.  Handling in some could be better, but I wouldn't want the GT5 folk anywhere near those games.   The quality of cars is plenty good enough for what is intended. 

Besides, with PD trying to figure out how to fix your long list of deficiencies in this game, why on earth would you want them wasting time on street racing and such like?  

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 65 (147 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:

The title says it all.... Top Gear TEST TRACK... This was never meant to be a race track. But PD included it anyway... Who's trying to tell me they aren't open to new things? LOL

The Special at TGTT with the WWII cars again points out that PD aren't exactly humorless or unwilling to allow a certain amount of mayhem. Why would simply designing more open world city tracks be such a stretch for them?

Ahh yes the Special Events at the TGTT, the last time I drove those you would be instantly disqualificatied for making contact with other vehicles.  Can't really cause much mayhem when you get DQ'd from the slightest touch now can you, have they removed that rule and added in ridiculous nitrous effects to turn it into an illegal street race or destruction derby type event?

If I remember correctly, Midnight Club had some races that were set in closed circuits.  Does this mean that Rockstar should release a new Midnight Club game that is a proper legal racing game based soley on closed circuit racing, something like Gran Turismo?

This thread has run its course. Lcoking. :smileywink: -space_cape!!

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 65 (132 Views)