Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 12 2012
By: Iceman_Nightmare Lombax Warrior 227 posts

Granturismo:ILLEGAL STREET RACE

64 replies 599 views Edited Nov 12, 2012

What do you guys think if Philophony Digital goes completely crazy and let another Sony studio in association with them make a Granturismo street illegal racing game under the Granturismo series with real simulation feel, similar to what Microsoft did with Forza Horizon, while the true team is working on Granturismo 6.. What do you guys think?

You can costumize your cars with bumpers, rims, vinyls, and a lot more. Put comfort hard so you can drift around, or just racing soft to drive circuit and drag. What do you guys think?

I bought GT5 so I can drift, I am more into drifting than any other racing events. 

Check this video out guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1gm4C0cX8A

Imagine doing Tandem drift and the game is free roam, having a Granturismo as a free roam game on PlayStation... what do you guys think? Drive around free roam drifting, racing, drag... 8 players online, impressive graphics like always, a lot of cars like GT5.  

Put Sephiroth in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale
Photobucket
Message 1 of 65 (599 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
888 posts

Re: Granturismo:ILLEGAL STREET RACE

Nov 12, 2012

I think you are looking for need for speed.  GT is a racing sim.....however, I do think they should add a drag strip with christmas tree.

aka smokeethetire
Message 2 of 65 (584 Views)
I Only Post Everything
888 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

....... Quite frankly, I'd be upset if they put that in....... Im gettin angry just thinking about it. :smileymad:

aka smokeethetire
Message 3 of 65 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

The concept behind that Microsoft "offshoot" game just gets a big ol'

face

Espousing that kind of crap as a "lifestyle," street racing on public roads--in traffic--is just the epitome of irresponsible and plain STUPID.  Look, driving on pretty much any public road is enough of an ordeal as it is, dealing with the "normal" hazards: the cell-phone-talkers; the left-lane-bandits; the novel-readers; the makeup-artists; the iPad programmers; the soccer-moms; and all the other oblivious, inconsiderate, open-mouth-breathing moving chicanes out there on the highways.  For Pete's sake, and his cousin Harold: we don't need anybody going and glamorizing this sort of wild-wild-west-on-wheels sort of bullpuckery.  Look, I've done my share of smokey donuts in the parking lot, and some other things that were, in hindsight, just dangerous and dumb.  But endangering others? zipping through traffic with all the other poor ess oh bees just trying to get where they need to go?  The thought of that is just the height of reprehensible behaviour.  

Keep that kind of stuff on a closed course; or in some kind of controlled environment; or on some abandoned back road, at least...

Message 4 of 65 (547 Views)
Fender Bender
3554 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Nah, I'd have to decline that idea.  I want GT to be a true racing sim as much as possible for the console.  If I wanted a racing game with the features like those other games have...I'd just go buy those other racing games.  No reason for PD to make a game that someone else has already made that dominates the market in.

On the other side of the coin, no reason why PD can't just incporporate a little more car customization into the GT series already.  Too a certain extent though, I wouldn't mind more ways to make my car look unique from other peoples, but I'm not wanting full blown Fast N Furious type car customization, that's not what this game is about.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 5 of 65 (540 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41942 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

reddsun1 wrote:

Keep that kind of stuff on a closed course; or in some kind of controlled environment; or on some abandoned back road, at least...

Or in a simulation?

Not that it is appropriate for GT itself or what most GT fans want, but it is what virtual games allow, right or wrong, as NFS has done, for years. Most GT fans seem to like / want its reality, not bullpucky.

PD isn't likely to let someone else use their game engines, either. Any developer worth its salt would find ways of using either game engines for hire or go Codemasters' / PD's route and make their own. There are different ways of doing that, as SlightlyMad Studios have shown, recently.

However, the big question, for me, is, who is going to buy such a game? Is the market really, actually, without a doubt, solid enough to make this kind of title fly? For some reason, I have my doubts that it would work well. Would a more accurate simulation of the physics be the way to go or would a more "fun" environment work better?

Message 6 of 65 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8466 posts

Nov 12, 2012

while I do loathe the idea of PD's engines being used in a street racing game, I would love to see GT-like physics in a game like Grand Theft Auto.

I'd like to run from cops while shooting out the window while having realistic car physics... not that GT should include such a game mode, but it would be nice if GTA could have more real physics.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 7 of 65 (524 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3537 posts

Nov 12, 2012

But of course there would need to be comment from the in-forum ballistics and shooting experts to make sure that the shooting was as realistic as the driving.

As for 4za over-the-horizon, it's kind of funny that the main festival (career path) races are on closed course street and road tracks and the "illegal", " not part of the festival" street races are tucked away in their own area.  The in-game radio announcer even occasionally reminds eveybody that the street races are not an "official" part of the festival (game).  I know all this because "a friend" has played the game. :smileywink: 

Message 8 of 65 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Nov 12, 2012

I think the problem is, as it stands, GT5 isn't REALLY a 'racing game'. As is always pointed out by it's fans whenever issues pertaining to racing are criticized - at this point, it's rabid defenders always trot out the 'It's a DRIVING game' line, as if that ends all discussion...

So, what is it? If it's a 'driving game', then the OP's suggestion seems quite valid. And, if it's a 'Racing game', where is all the racing detail (flags, rules, race cars and upgrades, livery editors, qualifying, etc., etc.)?

Personally, until there is free roam, open world tracks, untill the driving ISN'T all on closed circuit RACING TRACKS, I am firmly in the 'GT5 is a racing game' school. But it's just not a GOOD one! PD need to make up their minds. Can we please have real racing, or can we have some open world courses? Decision time....

Message 9 of 65 (511 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1302 posts

Nov 12, 2012

My answer to this thread is... NO. Basically, straight-out NO. JUST NO.

We've been getting a Need For Speed game every year for the past twenty years or so. If you want "illegal", road rage, stereo-thumping, Fast & the Furious, backwards baseball cap, throw-away-your-money-on-ugly-cars punk culture street racing, go play Need For Speed. Or Burnout.

Gran Turismo is fine the way it is.

Message 10 of 65 (507 Views)