Highlighted
Jan 26 2013
By: TchakGT First Son 4 posts

GranTurismoStats.com - GT5 Leaderboards by Teams, Players, Country and Cars

[ Edited ]
6 replies 293 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

Hi All!

I'm building a website with GT5 Time Trial and Drift Trial rankings, so you can browse scoreboards by teams, players, country and cars, and also build some rankings and charts with historica data.

I have already included some teams based on player's prefixes and if you want to include your team,just let me know.

Take a look at granturismostats.com

Website's data is updated every day

I hope you enjoy, any comments are welcomed

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: GranTurismoStats.com - Top1000 players of TimeTrial and DriftTrial

Jan 26, 2013

A sample of Time Trials Rankings

GranturismoStats.com Standard Rankings Time Trial

Message 2 of 7 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I just checked it out. Very cool. I like how you can search by user name. I looked up my psn ID and realized I finished 65th on one of the time trials. Thats awesome. I remember doing well on that one. I also like how you have the GT Academy data in there too. I finished 845th overall. Is there a way to filter the results by country? I would like to see how I stack up against fellow americans. 

photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 3 of 7 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2013

Thanks mate!

"Is there a way to filter the results by country?"

Yes, do as follows:

- At the top menu select  Players > Query

- Select TYPE as GT Academy 2012

- Select COUNTRY as United States

- Click Submit

But only players that has points is displayed. Only the first 100 positions get points

Cheers

Message 4 of 7 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 26, 2013

AS I have said in another thread (on the broken PP system), it seems like real world testing is the only way to get accurate information to handicap similar cars together for good, close racing. To this end, do you have lap time data that could be used to provide comparison between cars?

Something like this (where the best and most consistent drivers compete) might be the only place where accurate lap time data could be gathered and compared. While it serves a nice 'how did I do?' function, I think something like this could serve a far higher function, and allow us to see how cars REALLY stack up against each other, to better help us select which cars should race against each other evenly.

Can this be done?

Message 5 of 7 (244 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

AS I have said in another thread (on the broken PP system), it seems like real world testing is the only way to get accurate information to handicap similar cars together for good, close racing. To this end, do you have lap time data that could be used to provide comparison between cars?

Something like this (where the best and most consistent drivers compete) might be the only place where accurate lap time data could be gathered and compared. While it serves a nice 'how did I do?' function, I think something like this could serve a far higher function, and allow us to see how cars REALLY stack up against each other, to better help us select which cars should race against each other evenly.

Can this be done?

Hi Destinkeys, 

The info that we need to compare the cars like you said is the leaderboard for all tracks in the game, like we had in GT5 Prologue, this way we can find out how each car performs in each track, and then get a overall ranking. Will be nice to have some car classes too, like PP limited, so the production cars can have a chance and so on.

The info that we have now is for the Time Trials Weekly Events, what means that each Time Trial has different regulations, by PP or  Car, etc so this data can help but what will be the best is to have the Time leaderboards for each track.

The other website I built we have that data, have a look and let me know if is that you are looking for.

Cheers

Message 6 of 7 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 27, 2013

TBH, I don't honestly see the need to test on ALL tracks. For the purposes of getting some real world comparison numbers, I'd say Tsukuba, Deep Forest and Sarthe 2005 ought to do. A very tight technical track, a track with good variety of sections, and a long fast track. That ought to cover the bases.

Message 7 of 7 (196 Views)
0 Likes