Oct 12 2010
By: EnfinityX First Son 4 posts

Gran Turismo City Mode

42 replies 262 views Edited Oct 12, 2010

Just throwing this idea out there. Wouldn't be great (albeit overwhelming to program), to have various big cities (paris, tokyo etc) to free drive in. just go as fast as you want, drift, just have fun in the city. maybe an expansion? or gt6? or a whole new game that runs the same gt engine. 

Message 1 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Re: Gran Turismo City Mode

Oct 12, 2010

Um... Midnight Club, GTA 4, Burn Out...  Out of your ideas, applying the physics engine to a game that I have mentioned would be cool.

Message 2 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Oct 12, 2010
Hmm might indeed be too much, but I just don't see myself even using that mode with all the events, money that can be earned, online mode with these awesome guys, and browsing all the dealers lol.
GT has always been about racing on tracks, so I don't think they would go the NFS route. But I am not Kaz.
Upgrade your grey matter, cause one day it may matter.
Message 3 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1565 posts

Oct 12, 2010

Ive wanted this since GT1. There are no realistic open world driving games. It would be great!

Message 4 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 12, 2010

I think it would demand alot more of the ps3 if they were gonna add more cars driveing around unless you want 8 bit cars in the city. Its not a computer that you can upgrade hardware in. And i think we have GTA for that and GT for the track.

Thommas88 @ Youtube

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 5 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Oct 12, 2010

John Lennon and Paul McCartney unwittingly wrote a song that's title describes the content of the GT series and the producer/creator that was inspired to give us what we have today.  

It's called"Let it be".

Pretty much sums it up in my book.

Message 6 of 43 (262 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Oct 12, 2010

When I find myself in times of trouble, GT Allstar comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, Let it Be..........................

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 7 of 43 (262 Views)
Splicer
81 posts

Oct 12, 2010

City Mode? why? so I can lose all of my hard earned cash running red lights and getting speeding tickets?  What about all of them damn taxis?  And all of those damn pedestrians? Vehicular manslaughter....

PD is all about creating a realistic environment....a realistic city environment probably wouldn't work out so well...

"Women. Can't live with 'em ... pass the beer nuts." -Norm Peterson, Cheers

MARRIED AND ALWAYS NAGGED.
Message 8 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1009 posts

Oct 12, 2010

DthB4Dishonr wrote:

City Mode? why? so I can lose all of my hard earned cash running red lights and getting speeding tickets?  What about all of them damn taxis?  And all of those damn pedestrians? Vehicular manslaughter....

PD is all about creating a realistic environment....a realistic city environment probably wouldn't work out so well...

What we could potentially see is a city scape theme for the track creator but that would most certainly be a closed course and not open world and most definitely without taxis or pedestrians that you could hit.  I'd be much more interested in creating a track that simulates a drive through the mountains rather than a city track.

Signature
Message 9 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 13, 2010
exactly my line of thinking. and yeah i realize its a lot, thats why i added in the other line of it possibly being a whole separate game. As for pedestrians and taxis, well i wasnt really thinking about those, just a city with all your favorite landmarks
Message 10 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes