I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 6

Jan 1, 2013

And there's the rub, once you add traffic it becomes illegal street racing no matter how much you try to sugar coat the collisions with said traffic.  And as I've said before while I'm not against more realistic physics in those street racing games, I just don't see Kaz wanting to associate himself or his company with that genre.

Again we come back to the argument that because "people" make "cops and robbers" rooms that PD supports illegal street racing.  That's almost like saying Dodge supports speeding because they don't fit 65mph speed limiters on all their road cars and "people" choose to speed.

I don't disagree with you about there being room for an adult / realistic open world game, I just don't think it's something PD would make.

The only way I could see PD doing something even close to open world would really be nothing more than closed road racing, maybe point to point or "there and back" type stuff like you sometimes see in the Midnight Club games just in an area closed off to the public so there's no traffic.  Perhaps with a small degree of alternative roads to the goal though probably not a lot.. but that wouldn't really be open world in the same sense.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 41 of 96 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Jan 1, 2013

There was a discussion about this a while back, I'll try and find it later, but if the debate becomes about applying GT physics to a point to point road race then I'm in. Give the folks here a track creator with a real world template and let them share their local roads, no traffic or bs just 15 miles of our favorite tarmac, that would be a blast. Don't get me wrong here, PD can do whatever they see fit, and I'll buy it, played and enjoyed every title so far.

I do however hold the firm belief that they know how desirable this; a livery editor, and a more realistic interaction between the tires and the ground really are, and they will be the first to release it when it becomes possible. They've probably been working on it for years but refuse to unveil the product until it's nearly seamless. We all know what would happen if it's glitchy in any way shape or form. I feel like I've typed this beforeSmiley LOL 

Here's to a happy and prosperous 2013 to all of you....CHEERS!

Photobucket
Message 42 of 96 (513 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

Jan 1, 2013

jaejsteele wrote:

......... I feel like I've typed this beforeSmiley LOL 

Here's to a happy and prosperous 2013 to all of you....CHEERS!

Happy Groundhog Day, I mean New Year! Smiley Wink

CHEERS!

Message 43 of 96 (505 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 1, 2013

If you remember back to the first few open world games, the gore factor was a LOT less than it tends to be nowadays. I used to have a lot of fun playing Hot Pursuit2 on the old Gamecube (how far we have come!), running from the Cops and helicopters, trying to outwit the pursuers, trying to avoid the other cars, either racing or traffic. I never ONCE got the impression that it was in any way violently anti-social.

I don't have ANY shooter, or combat games. TBH, you want to start a pogrom against anti-social behavior in games, open world illegal racing, especially as gore-free as it used to be, is so far down the list of anti-social violent games, it barely registers at all.

I honestly think, if anyone wants a GTA type game with blood and gore and violence, they aren't even coming here in the first place. Their needs are already covered. People are asking for a more open world driving experience here because they HAVE grown beyond thug racing.

SOMEBODY was the first to take track racing out of the arcade experience, many might say PD. Why they can't take open world out of the arcade beats me. Who better?

Message 44 of 96 (481 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Jan 3, 2013

All GT6 needs is what GT5 should have had, more social interaction with friends, inside of the game.

Like in TW Golf 13, they now have Country Clubs, and can setup tourneys like Dailies and Weeklies. GT5 should have had an online club for our friends, where we set up races, times, dates, etc. and have the game keep up woth some sort of points system between friends. 

It would be where gaming is going, more social interaction, and blending that into what the game offers, what it does. IN GT5-6, we race, so in our club area, we should be able to set up mult-race season, for example. They should have left out that stupid B-spec and concentrated on this instead. 

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 45 of 96 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Can we see some rock crawling in gran turismo 6? With more realistic upgrades like lift kits, tires, rims, axles, air fliters (etc) for like chevy blazer and toyota tacoma. Can there be maps that are cuztomizable to?

Message 46 of 96 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4908 posts

Feb 23, 2013
After reading this entire thread so far, I must say that Destinkeys is onto something, and I have wanted a similar thing all along.

Here's the deal. If we drive the city, obeying the speed limit (I've let my kids drive with my wheel to learn to drive, so the driving sim idea strikes beautifully!) and we pick out a route that we want, either point to point (hate those; if I want to race, I don't want to reset every lap) or circuits, then request a closed course (imagine shutting down Washington D.C. for a race! Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue ), invite some friends (club idea has been burning in my head for YEARS)(PS HOME should have a section for GT) and enjoy a race!

I think an open world has some very real options. I don't think traffic would fit in a racing game, but closed circuit tracks that you could "edit" by driving really would.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 47 of 96 (364 Views)
Gaming Beast
2333 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

If you remember back to the first few open world games, the gore factor was a LOT less than it tends to be nowadays. I used to have a lot of fun playing Hot Pursuit2 on the old Gamecube (how far we have come!), running from the Cops and helicopters, trying to outwit the pursuers, trying to avoid the other cars, either racing or traffic. I never ONCE got the impression that it was in any way violently anti-social.

I don't have ANY shooter, or combat games. TBH, you want to start a pogrom against anti-social behavior in games, open world illegal racing, especially as gore-free as it used to be, is so far down the list of anti-social violent games, it barely registers at all.

I honestly think, if anyone wants a GTA type game with blood and gore and violence, they aren't even coming here in the first place. Their needs are already covered. People are asking for a more open world driving experience here because they HAVE grown beyond thug racing.

SOMEBODY was the first to take track racing out of the arcade experience, many might say PD. Why they can't take open world out of the arcade beats me. Who better?

add me to the list of folks who want a more open world experience. I've argued much the same in past threads.

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 48 of 96 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Hey everybody.  I have not login to this forum for a wile.  Good to see many of you guys are still here.  Now, I am about to step out and found this video about GT6.  Is this for real?  Any body have any ideas?  Sorry if this has been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oZYuhpdW-w

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 49 of 96 (329 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Feb 23, 2013

John-GT5 wrote:

Hey everybody.  I have not login to this forum for a wile.  Good to see many of you guys are still here.  Now, I am about to step out and found this video about GT6.  Is this for real?  Any body have any ideas?  Sorry if this has been posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oZYuhpdW-w

No it's not real, that is to say it is NOT anything to do with GT6.  What it is is a pCars trailer with PD logos and text stuck on the front end.

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 50 of 96 (315 Views)
0 Likes