Aug 17 2013
By: Conviction01234 PlayStation MVP 80 posts

Gran Turismo 6 on PS4?

6 replies 754 views Edited Aug 17, 2013

I was wondering if there is any real information of Gran Turismo 6 coming out for PS4. Any link showing that information would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1585 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 6 on PS4?

Aug 17, 2013

For me if we can't play GT6 on the new system I'm going to wate till that system gets a GT Title. Now if we can play GT6 on the new system I'll go on and buy one for the new system software abilities.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (739 Views)
MVP Support
42896 posts

Aug 17, 2013

Nothing for sure yet, except maybe using the Gaikai service for older platforms.

However, GamesCon is around the 21st, so you are a bit early for details.

Message 3 of 7 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3579 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

We already know GT6 wasn't designed with any PS4 software/hardware capabilities in mind.  Even if they port the game over for the PS4, or if the PS4 is capable of backward compatibility for PS3 games, again the game isn't design to take advantage of the PS4's better hardware specs like graphics and new social capabilities so it wouldn't be any different than playing it on the PS3.  I would think after GT6 gets released for the PS3, PD is going to want to spend their efforts making GT7 specifically for the PS4, not go back and try to retrofit PS4 features and it's design architecture into GT6 so they can re-release it as a PS4 title also.

Short answer, of course I have no certainty that what I say is true, but I'd find it highly unlikely you'll ever be able to play GT6 on the PS4, unless that system has backward compatibility.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 4 of 7 (681 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Aug 18, 2013

I feel that GT6 is a PS3 only release. 1) There is a driving game announced for the release of the PS4. 2) Sony has a big stake in this game. 3) They also have a big stake in a GT game. 4) Sony would be wise to keep the 2 of them from going head to head at release time of the PS4. GT7 should be about 2 years after the PS4 release. Now all of this has no official back up, just my own take on things.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 7 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3579 posts

Aug 18, 2013

I think a GT7 release in 2-3 years for the PS4 works out perfect.  PD knows the hardware specs they have to work with and as patches come out for the PS4 that improves hardware capabilities or software functions like social media features, PD can adjust for those in GT7 as they are designing the game.

Personally I prefer a game where the system it's been built for has been out awhile and the bugs have been ironed out, then PD has a solid running system to design the game around.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 6 of 7 (640 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8615 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I think a GT7 release in 2-3 years for the PS4 works out perfect.  PD knows the hardware specs they have to work with and as patches come out for the PS4 that improves hardware capabilities or software functions like social media features, PD can adjust for those in GT7 as they are designing the game.

Personally I prefer a game where the system it's been built for has been out awhile and the bugs have been ironed out, then PD has a solid running system to design the game around.

I agree with that.  2-3 years until GT7 and until we see a game on the PS4.

GT6 need not necessarily have the lifespan of GT5 (3 years is pretty good for most games) but I'd be kind of upset if they pushed out a GT7 for the PS4 just to get one out there in less than two years.

In other words, I'd prefer to play a GT game for at least 2 years before moving on to something newer/better.  Seems like PD is committed to supporting GT6 with lots of updates, so a few years is not out of the question and IMO very likely.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 7 of 7 (585 Views)
0 Likes