First Son
11 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 6 needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 26, 2013

images.jpgMore world circuits

Message 81 of 164 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 26, 2013

For gran tuismo 6 i need some new world track, all the f1 cars, all most famous nascar circuits, a stunt arena( to try some flips) and not  B spec.

Message 82 of 164 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5484 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Flips?!!!! Whaaa......?

This isn't a circus!
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 83 of 164 (347 Views)
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

Gran-Turismo-6-needs

a "CourseMaker Layout Snapshot", for player-to-player promotion of custom course designs. 

This feature would provide the user with a standardized, storable, sharable, embeddable snaphot image containing:

• the course name (of course)
  • a roadmap of the course, including the associated topographical overlay
  • the user comment field (it would be nice if they expanded the max # chars, but I'm not holding my breath)
  • course statistics, including:
  1. total lap length
  2. # turns
  3. straight length
  4. evelation information
  5. default weather information
  6. a new marker called "difficulty level" (creator assignable)
  7. **direction of travel  
  8. (any other standard items I've missed here.)

The info panel shown in GT mode, when a player selects a customer course would be a good starting point, with the inclusion oif the same sized map a player sees when actually creating or editing their own creations, and any neato new features like the one I'm proposing with regards to "difficulty")

**(yeah I know we can't currently decide which direction. An indirect point is it should be. If not, so be it, but that doesn't disqualify the rest by a long shot)

This is not rocket science, and at least in terms of web design, it represents roughly two hours of work to accomplish with a moderate sense of artfulness behind the effort, and requires nothing more than accessing the database variables, asembling the page, and firing an image capture event on the presentation page. EDIT: ok, and add a new db field to stow the difficulty level. big whoop). In C++/other programming language, maybe more, maybe less time, but not by much. Even if it took two double shifts of 16 hours days, it would still be a "nothing task".

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 84 of 164 (337 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Apr 28, 2013

DoTheKiller91 wrote:

There are 3 non official box arts iv'e spotted online...

1st - http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Gran-Turismo-6-Leak-3.jpg

2nd - http://www.gamechup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/gran-turismo-6-dummy-box-art.jpg

3rd - http://www.teamvvv.com/assets/js/ckeditor/kcfinder/upload/images/Multiplayer_GT6_Box-Art_Placeholder...

I like the third one the most.

But #1 is the only one that shows anything NEW to GT6. PD have usually featured something new on the cover, a car, a track....

Message 85 of 164 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Apr 28, 2013

anjen wrote:

Gran-Turismo-6-needs

a "CourseMaker Layout Snapshot", for player-to-player promotion of custom course designs. 

This feature would provide the user with a standardized, storable, sharable, embeddable snaphot image containing:

• the course name (of course)
  • a roadmap of the course, including the associated topographical overlay
  • the user comment field (it would be nice if they expanded the max # chars, but I'm not holding my breath)
  • course statistics, including:
  1. total lap length
  2. # turns
  3. straight length
  4. evelation information
  5. default weather information
  6. a new marker called "difficulty level" (creator assignable)
  7. **direction of travel  
  8. (any other standard items I've missed here.)

The info panel shown in GT mode, when a player selects a customer course would be a good starting point, with the inclusion oif the same sized map a player sees when actually creating or editing their own creations, and any neato new features like the one I'm proposing with regards to "difficulty")

**(yeah I know we can't currently decide which direction. An indirect point is it should be. If not, so be it, but that doesn't disqualify the rest by a long shot)

This is not rocket science, and at least in terms of web design, it represents roughly two hours of work to accomplish with a moderate sense of artfulness behind the effort, and requires nothing more than accessing the database variables, asembling the page, and firing an image capture event on the presentation page. EDIT: ok, and add a new db field to stow the difficulty level. big whoop). In C++/other programming language, maybe more, maybe less time, but not by much. Even if it took two double shifts of 16 hours days, it would still be a "nothing task".

Thing about this is, if it would take us so little time to make one, why is it taking PD so long? You've got to assume that PD already have tools to create tracks far better than we will ever have access to, yet in all the years, how fast do they make them? Two hours to make a track for us, two years for them?

Optimistic, aren't we? LOL

The thing that has always puzzled me is, given the tools they have, yes, I understand that going out and scanning a real track raises the workload vastly, not to mention the cost, but fantasy tracks (which always remain popular to race on) have no demands like these. Why Kart Space is the only one developed for GT5 beats me. Here is a perfect opportunity for PD to swell their coffers with the least amount of work (heck simply updating the old GT4 fantasy tracks would be even easier), and they never took it.

Message 86 of 164 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Apr 30, 2013

they're obviously focussed on the next game now, whatever and whenever that is.  that's actually the topic of this thread too, so wondering why new fantasy tracks aren't being added to GT5 is a bit weird, IMO.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't see more of them in GT6.

and 16 exclamation points

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 87 of 164 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2341 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

We could all make manually compiled info panes to share with others... well, that is, the relatively  few  of us with the tools and know-how to do so.  But that's not the point, the point is to make a tool that creates a standardized content pane that any user, gfx skilled or not" could use to participate in custom course sharing,, and to remove some of the more cumbersome portions of that effort, thereby saving time for the player/creator.

Edit: Inflammatory statement removed

- There's a distinct difference between slow & deliberate and deliberately slow -
Message 88 of 164 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Apr 30, 2013

there is a flipside to the argument of making track sharing and community organizing easier...  there is a terrible consequence that doesn't on its face seem like a terrible one.  that is, the fact that ANYONE can do it.

there are other games where everything needed for the community is built into the game's features and allows anyone who creates something to just go "hey look what I made!" and then that waters down the quality of the overall submissions list.

I'm not saying that's a good argument to leaving such functionality out of a game (and we desperately need some things in particular) but it does serve as a cautionary tale.

As it stands now, extreme dedication and innovation is required to pull off a successful event series or share a track with others.  Those with the dedication are usually those with the skills too, so it works out okay for most.

On an extreme and unlikely scale, imagine a "universe machine" that could churn out universes at the press of a button, each one unique and self-contained.  Do you really want just anyone pushing the button?  Maybe no one should have the button?  Okay now I'm getting off-track Smiley Happy

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 89 of 164 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5484 posts

May 1, 2013
That does raise an incredibly good question. If we can share, how can we rate and create value in our offerings? I wonder what that would do to the game in general...... Good, bad, or indiferrent?
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 90 of 164 (238 Views)
0 Likes