Sep 03 2010
By: I-Am-theIRONMAN Monster Hunter 38 posts

Gran Turismo 5 standard car cockpit on youtube.

47 replies 284 views Edited Sep 3, 2010

Now I'm not confirming anything, but instead of going on GT planet as usual, I went on youtube for GT5 gamescom videos. I watched for hours and came across a late 60's (dont know the year exactly) stingray. I'm almost certain that It was the same stingray from the standard cars trailer. HOWEVER, dashboard view was usuable with it. I'm still getting GT5 even if the standards don't have it. Tell me what you think.

Standard Cars Trailer (Stingray at 0:11): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y25wEfzum4

Gamescom Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixu-1s9CzHg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they appear to be the same car to me.

The reason I posted this is because I thought the premium cars were completely new cars, and the standards were upscaled accordingly to match PS3's standards. I know I'm stubborn as a bull, but I still believe that dashboard view will be available for all cars.

AND IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE, a lot of the front windows of some cars are completely blacked out (althought they look like premium cars from dashboard view). Why would the front window be blacked out so much? INTERIORS were not designed for standard cars, and they said nothing aobout dashboards.

For Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLLG5pl1IQ8&feature=related

Same here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1nZeVWuVE&feature=related

I really do think that standards will have dashboards, bu the front window will be blacked out because of the unmodeled interior. And for some reason, they never look behind them when in dashboard view. Just wanted to share my thoughts. THANKS!

SIMPLE OBSERVATION. NOT TO ADD TO CONFUSION AS MOST ARE SAYING YAMAUCHI SAID THAT THERE WILL BE NO COCKPITS.

Message 4 of 48 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 standard car cockpit on youtube.

Sep 3, 2010
The Vette from GT4 was a hard top. That will be the standard car you saw in gold. The newest car seen, the green one, is a premium car, and a convertible. There will be some overlap with premium/standard.

Kaz was asked directly by the GTPlanet guys, just a week ago at gamescom, in Germany, and he said there will be no cockpit views for standard cars.
DriverSports.org
Message 1 of 48 (284 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Sep 3, 2010
But Kaz said standard cars won't get cockpit view so this thread might add to the confusion.

Unless Kaz is telling a bare-faced lie then people need to realise and get over that standard cars will not come with a cockpit view. Sorry for the harsh words but it's tough love.
I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 2 of 48 (284 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Sep 3, 2010

There are more than one version of that Corvette with the same bodystyle. It's premium.

Message 3 of 48 (284 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Sep 3, 2010
I've been searching the internet nonstop and the only thing I found that he said is that there will be no interiors. Does this mean that all fo the cars in prologue were premium. THis many years of development for 200 cars is kinda hardfor me to digest. Can you direct me to the article please saying that Kaz said there is no "cockpit?" These google translations are driving me crazy.

Are there any videos with a translator?
Message 5 of 48 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Sep 3, 2010

I-Am-theIRONMAN wrote:
I've been searching the internet nonstop and the only thing I found that he said is that there will be no interiors. Does this mean that all fo the cars in prologue were premium. THis many years of development for 200 cars is kinda hardfor me to digest. Can you direct me to the article please saying that Kaz said there is no "cockpit?" These google translations are driving me crazy.

Bottom paragraph.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gamescom-gran-turismo-5-breakout-session-full-details/

Message 6 of 48 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Sep 3, 2010

Is that speculation or are you sure? It just looks like a convertible with a different color to me. You're probably right, but I just hope that all these years went into making the standard cars not look like crap compared to the premiums. Think about them on the same track. That's a depressing thought. Still a day 1 buy but............all this waiting for 200 cars?

Message 7 of 48 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Sep 3, 2010

I-Am-theIRONMAN wrote:

All cars from Prologue will be premium.

Each premium car is INSANELY detailed. If one man made one, it would take him 6 months. We've never seen anything like this before in a video game, plus, the years of development weren't JUST for the cars.

It's not an article, it's a video. http://www.gtplanet.net/insidesimracing-gt5-special-yamauchi-interview-gameplay-impressions-more/

insidesimracing and gtplanet got to chat with Kaz at GC 2010.

Message 8 of 48 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Sep 3, 2010

I-Am-theIRONMAN wrote:

Is that speculation or are you sure? It just looks like a convertible with a different color to me. You're probably right, but I just hope that all these years went into making the standard cars not look like crap compared to the premiums. Think about them on the same track. That's a depressing thought. Still a day 1 buy but............all this waiting for 200 cars?

The standard cars still look amazing. It's not like PD just took all the cars from GT PSP and quickly gave them a  HD makeover.

Message 9 of 48 (284 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44383 posts

Sep 3, 2010

"despite their best efforts to respond to criticism about standard car interiors, they were not able to implement cockpit camera (even one similar to GTPSP’s) in GT5 – a source of some disappointment to Kazunori, who is never happy to let down his fans and is probably his own biggest critic.”

They couldn't make it work, so no interior view for standard cars, not even a black mask.

Message 10 of 48 (284 Views)