Jan 17 2013
By: DjBruta2 First Son 8 posts

Gran Turismo 5 add-ons, Please help!

7 replies 316 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

I bought 3 add-ons for GT5 at the playstation store, then I logged in to GT5, I pressed the downloadable content button and there weren't any of the add-ons that I bought there! I went back to the Playstation store to download and install them again, then I went back to GT5 and still nothing, I dont have any of the cars or tracks that came in the add-ons!

Message 1 of 8 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 add-ons, Please help!

Jan 17, 2013

If the Disc Region and DLC region(Store region) do not match; they will not recognize each other and therefore won't install. I.e. A North American (NTSC)Game Disc won't work with an EU(PAL Region) DLC... etc.

Message 2 of 8 (314 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 17, 2013

My ps3 is from europe and I am in canada, but I bought the DLC in the PS Store, and the PS Store doesn't have stuff just for europe or just for america, I think.

Message 3 of 8 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Sounds like Teach is right...

if your PS3 is from Europe, you're out of luck I'm afraid.  Connecting to the PSN store in Canada is connecting you to the NA region, so the content is not matching up.

Message 4 of 8 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jan 17, 2013

If you have a PAL(EU) Game Disc and bought the DLC from the North American(Canadian) PSN Store; I'm afraid the DLC won't recognize your GT5 Game install data and therefore it won't install/work. The Disc region and DLC region must match for the DLC to be installed. 

If both regions match; there's a DLC install button in the main front menu at bottom right of screen. That's where you install/open the DLC key file/s you downloaded from the store. 

Message 5 of 8 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Ok, thanks guys. I spent 20$ for nothing Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8 (295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 17, 2013

But wait a sec. , im in canada, my PS3 is european, so I shouldn't be able in GT5 through the downloadable content thing to download free DLCs like the 2013 Corvette, and the Scion, right? Because I can!

Message 7 of 8 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2967 posts

Jan 17, 2013

DjBruta2 wrote:

But wait a sec. , im in canada, my PS3 is european, so I shouldn't be able in GT5 through the downloadable content thing to download free DLCs like the 2013 Corvette, and the Scion, right? Because I can!

Teach is spot on, it is a region issue.

The origin of the console itself is less of an issue than the other two factors, the disk itself, and the PSN store account.

If the disk is a North American region disk, then any and all purchases and downloads MUST be from the North American PSN store, whether free or not.

Your best fix, get a disk that matches the region the purchases were made, then everything will simply work, and the money already spent will not be lost.

Message 8 of 8 (247 Views)
0 Likes