Wastelander
929 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 - Summer 2010?

Dec 17, 2009
Well, I don't know if it means anything, but, my local Game Stop has a release date of 2/2/09.  Also, I wish forgetful would get off people's backs and let them speak their minds.  This is a free country, last time I checked.
Message 31 of 37 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Sice71 wrote:
Well, I don't know if it means anything, but, my local Game Stop has a release date of 2/2/09. 

Nope, GameStop just wants your money now.

Message 32 of 37 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Sice71 wrote:
Well, I don't know if it means anything, but, my local Game Stop has a release date of 2/2/09.  Also, I wish forgetful would get off people's backs and let them speak their minds.  This is a free country, last time I checked.
He's expressing his opinion like anybody else. He's not "on people's backs." 

Message 33 of 37 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Dec 17, 2009

well, they've got mine...don't matter when it comes out, when it does, it'll be paid for, and even if they release a special edition version, i'll just transfer my preorder over to that, instead. i don't understand why it's so taboo to preorder a game, i did email gamestop however, and tell them they need to get with the program, and remove that incorrect date, or they'll probably have a storm of people knocking down the doors february 2nd, asking where their copy of the game is. the only reply i could get was:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the GameStop.com website.

Your feedback is very important to us. We are pleased that you have
taken the time to write and let us know of this error. We will pass
along your feedback to our website support team for further review
and/or correction as soon as possible.

Thank you for being a GameStop.com customer!

Best Regards,
Tim
Customer Service Agent

either way, i will proudly pick up my copy as soon as i can, whether it be a midnight release, or not, i'm from a small county of 30k people or so, so very rarely does our local gamestop hold midnight releases.

Proud owner of a Fat PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360. Smiley Happy
Message 34 of 37 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

Dec 17, 2009

calvins48 wrote: 

Well, Kaz has said before that the GT formula has not reached it's pinnacle yet. There are things he wants for GT that won't be in GT5 but will be in future GTs.

Whether that's true or not, it's certainly what a savvy businessman would say to keep people interested in, and purchasing, his product line.

Message 35 of 37 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Dec 17, 2009

Sice71 wrote:

Hey, I wish people would quit with the same tired old rope complaints, 'cause they're on my back, posting the same garbage, day in and day out. It's fully within my right to respond as well. Free countries, right? I'm not trying to insult of offend people, I'm trying to get them to take a different point of view on the matter.

I know it's been a long time. Longer than most games. I'm not totally happy that it has taken so long. I too bought a PS3, at launch, hoping for GT5 to come soon. EVERYONE feels the same way. The difference being I don't want to burden innocent people with my inability to maintain a level of patience beyond that of a child. I have, like the adult that I am, accepted GT5's release date for what it is. I don't blame PD for the rumours that were spread, even if I happened to believe some of them. 

Granted, everyone needs to voice their opinion, but is there really any need for the same few whiners to whine the same few whines, every time a thread mentions a release date? I'm here for a reason, and I respond to these whiners for an extension of that reason. I'm here to build and participate in a Gran Turismo Community. I'm here to race with the people, and to put my own time and effort in to running events, so that more people can find ways to enjoy GT. I'm here to be a participant in the discussion, not a seagull that flies in just to crap all over everything, then leave. I respond to these complaints in hopes of opening some eyes, and changing some minds, and sometimes that takes a smack across the back of the head.

What do you complainers hope to accomplish?

Are you going to get the release date changed? 

Are you going to get the game earlier for NA and Europe?

Are you going to make PD reconsider their whole business model?

Are you going to make Kaz Yamauchi feel real bad about it?

(Ima say no)

or

Will you feel that self-gratification you were seeking, now that you 'blasted PD real good', while your repeated complaints keep bouncing off of the same regular forum participants, and start to aggravate and annoy them?

It doesn't have to be such a negative issue. Lets be glad PD's willing to take the extra time, unlike GT4, when they yanked a bunch of great stuff at the last minute. Those who insist on making it a constant negative issue serve to defeat my intentions of a stronger, happier, healthier community.

I hold no ill will towards anyone. This is business.

DriverSports.org
Message 36 of 37 (36 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
54 posts

Dec 17, 2009

ForgetfuI wrote:

Sice71 wrote:

Hey, I wish people would quit with the same tired old rope complaints, 'cause they're on my back, posting the same garbage, day in and day out. It's fully within my right to respond as well. Free countries, right? I'm not trying to insult of offend people, I'm trying to get them to take a different point of view on the matter.

I know it's been a long time. Longer than most games. I'm not totally happy that it has taken so long. I too bought a PS3, at launch, hoping for GT5 to come soon. EVERYONE feels the same way. The difference being I don't want to burden innocent people with my inability to maintain a level of patience beyond that of a child. I have, like the adult that I am, accepted GT5's release date for what it is. I don't blame PD for the rumours that were spread, even if I happened to believe some of them. 

Granted, everyone needs to voice their opinion, but is there really any need for the same few whiners to whine the same few whines, every time a thread mentions a release date? I'm here for a reason, and I respond to these whiners for an extension of that reason. I'm here to build and participate in a Gran Turismo Community. I'm here to race with the people, and to put my own time and effort in to running events, so that more people can find ways to enjoy GT. I'm here to be a participant in the discussion, not a seagull that flies in just to crap all over everything, then leave. I respond to these complaints in hopes of opening some eyes, and changing some minds, and sometimes that takes a smack across the back of the head.

What do you complainers hope to accomplish?

Are you going to get the release date changed? 

Are you going to get the game earlier for NA and Europe?

Are you going to make PD reconsider their whole business model?

Are you going to make Kaz Yamauchi feel real bad about it?

(Ima say no)

or

Will you feel that self-gratification you were seeking, now that you 'blasted PD real good', while your repeated complaints keep bouncing off of the same regular forum participants, and start to aggravate and annoy them?

It doesn't have to be such a negative issue. Lets be glad PD's willing to take the extra time, unlike GT4, when they yanked a bunch of great stuff at the last minute. Those who insist on making it a constant negative issue serve to defeat my intentions of a stronger, happier, healthier community.

I hold no ill will towards anyone. This is business.

Here here! or Hear hear what ever.

Message Edited by drvr37 on 12-17-2009 01:15 AM
Message 37 of 37 (36 Views)