Jan 20 2010
By: Drynk First Son 2 posts

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue reborn..

11 replies 15 views Edited Jan 20, 2010

First off all i love GT series, iv been playin since ever, i own GT Prologue and i really like the game, but i think in my point of view that Sony is playin with us, the game is delayed again so god knows when whe gonna have our hands on the legendary GT5. But that's ok, i know they really want the game to be perfect. But they mei give us a little more just to play until the game comes out. Some new dlc to Prologue, i dont know, some new tracks and new cars. I own a racing chair with logitech G27, and another thing that's botther me is the fac that i can't not use the paddle shifters, maybe they should make at least prologue compatible with the G27.

Message 1 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3627 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue reborn..

Jan 20, 2010

This would undermine the need/hype for GT5

In fact....it'd create a situation in which "critics" will claim that GTP5 should just be updated so that it becomes GT5 (yes, sounds dumb, but critics are that...., dumb)

I see your point though, would be nice to get more GT5P content since GT5 is TBA (it hasn't been delayed, only in Japan).

But still, it would not do the real dea: GT5, any good

Photobucket
Message 2 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Jan 20, 2010
don't know why they should focus on having to generate, and get content out there, for prologue, when they are this close to release. that would just cause them to have to turn away from GT5 to put this out, thus delaying GT5 that much more..
Proud owner of a Fat PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Jan 20, 2010

I know that I am barking up the wrong tree with the following comments.

I've been racing online only since March of 09'.

My List of Has it been done..

1> How many track and car combinations have been used.... Seems to Me like it's always the same selections.

2> Has anyone ever Seen High PP cars with rear drive or four wheel drive at Suzuka Short course or at London

3> High PP Rear wheel Drive at EigerNorth

4> A Mix of 550 pp FWD RWD and AWD cars on any circuit ala British Touring Cars (love watching that on Speed Saturday afternoon)

5> High Speed Ring Backwards or HSR with 800pp Cars

6> Expert Races on "N" tyres

7> For the F-1 Guys how about F-1 somewhere other that Suzuka

These would seem do-able with out any need for "New" anything just a decision from Sony HQ to do different combo's

Feel Free to add to the list, if it's going to be months the folks at Sony HQ may read this and give Us All some New Car Track Combo's

And Yes I am going to beg, please Sony give Us, Your Loyal GT Followers, some new and exciting races with what We have to work with within the version of GT5P that We have Now.

Respectfully, mmacek96

Message 4 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2501 posts

Jan 20, 2010
I have a thought---> how about some effing races at Daytona Road Course?  I'd be happy to drive those $hitty old Golfs on R3s at that track.  I'll take the GT LM on bald N1s.  Just give me something there. 
Message 5 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Jan 20, 2010

Drynk wrote:

I own a racing chair with logitech G27, and another thing that's botther me is the fac that i can't not use the paddle shifters, maybe they should make at least prologue compatible with the G27.

You sure? At least with the g25 you can use the H-shifter and clutch if you desire.

Message 6 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 20, 2010

It's been a long-held tradition that new Gran Turismo games are delayed indefinitely while they try to catch up to the work they should have been doing.

They're just gonna go through the same schpeel they do every time

Formerly PSU's stikshift5
Message 7 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
748 posts

Jan 20, 2010

mmacek96 wrote:

I know that I am barking up the wrong tree with the following comments.

I've been racing online only since March of 09'.

My List of Has it been done..

1> How many track and car combinations have been used.... Seems to Me like it's always the same selections.

2> Has anyone ever Seen High PP cars with rear drive or four wheel drive at Suzuka Short course or at London

3> High PP Rear wheel Drive at EigerNorth

4> A Mix of 550 pp FWD RWD and AWD cars on any circuit ala British Touring Cars (love watching that on Speed Saturday afternoon)

5> High Speed Ring Backwards or HSR with 800pp Cars

6> Expert Races on "N" tyres

7> For the F-1 Guys how about F-1 somewhere other that Suzuka

These would seem do-able with out any need for "New" anything just a decision from Sony HQ to do different combo's

Feel Free to add to the list, if it's going to be months the folks at Sony HQ may read this and give Us All some New Car Track Combo's

And Yes I am going to beg, please Sony give Us, Your Loyal GT Followers, some new and exciting races with what We have to work with within the version of GT5P that We have Now.

Respectfully, mmacek96

Yes, at least this was done   July 2009 bench Racing Thread  

Message Edited by JasherX on 01-20-2010 04:42 PM
RACE FAST... RACE HARD...RACE CLEAN!!
Photobucket
Message 8 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jan 20, 2010
Scarecrow-- : "(yes, sounds dumb, but critics are that...., dumb) J/K?
I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 9 of 12 (15 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44616 posts

Jan 20, 2010

stikshift_ wrote:

It's been a long-held tradition that new Gran Turismo games are delayed indefinitely while they try to catch up to the work they should have been doing.

That's not fair and easy to say when no-one from PD is here to counter.

Do you really think SONY would put up with 160 people sitting around for 5 years?

Cheers,
Message 10 of 12 (15 Views)