Fender Bender
3224 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Information thread

Dec 16, 2010

Neptune15 wrote:

I don't know, I didn't pay for it

Exactly my point, lol.

Merry Christmas.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 4772 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Dec 16, 2010

calvins48 wrote:

Neptune15 wrote:

I don't know, I didn't pay for it

Exactly my point, lol.

Merry Christmas.an a vey happy GT5 New Year

Message 4773 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Dec 16, 2010

HyperKat wrote:

choochie49 wrote:

HyperKat wrote:

too bad Xplay is just 2 people desperatly trying to act like something they're not.........

I dount Morgan or Adam actually get much seat time in game, other cast member prolly do the reviews

just last night they ratted the best racing game of 2010...

Need for Speed: HP

Spilit Second

Modnation

Blur

GT5

An the winner was?   Split Second? Are these morons brain dead?

>B|     

^ that is as close as I can get to show my reaction to that bit of news. I don't even have words......it's just a look.

lost what lil respect had for those nurdy types at G4, wjen they were pround to claim SS beat out GT5.. duh?

Message 4774 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Dec 16, 2010

I have a question. My PS3 died a few days ago and I need to get a new one. I was thinking of ordering the GT5 race bundle from an importer. As this is for the Japan market....will I have any issues with using this machine in the US or Caribbean?? Will all my games work OK on it? And will my PSN accounts work ok with this machine?

Message 4775 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Dec 16, 2010

If you don't have a PS3 OR GT5, then wait for the special to go on sale at Walmart.  They are advertising the PS3 Slim for $299 and with it you get a $100 store certificate which you can use for GT5 and still have $40 Bucks left over. As far as the rest of your questions, The internet is the internet - you should have no problem getting to the PSN sites or the GT Official website wherever there is an internet connection or wifi.  Make sure that your PS3 is compatable with the electrical service in your area of get a converter for your power source. Perhaps tha is available at Walmart too for under $40 bucks. There, Problem solved.

Message 4776 of 4,803 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Dec 16, 2010

CaribbeanCLANK wrote:

I have a question. My PS3 died a few days ago and I need to get a new one. I was thinking of ordering the GT5 race bundle from an importer. As this is for the Japan market....will I have any issues with using this machine in the US or Caribbean?? Will all my games work OK on it? And will my PSN accounts work ok with this machine?

Japanese and European TV standards are different so yes, the video will not play correctly on a TV that is not multi-system (North American sets are typcially NTSC-only). You can find multi-system TVs but they are typically more expensive than straight NTSC sets. I have an old 27" Sony Trinitron, multi-system set I no longer use and I'd sell it to you if you lived near Indy.
Message 4777 of 4,803 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Dec 16, 2010

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:

If you don't have a PS3 OR GT5, then wait for the special to go on sale at Walmart.  They are advertising the PS3 Slim for $299 and with it you get a $100 store certificate which you can use for GT5 and still have $40 Bucks left over. As far as the rest of your questions, The internet is the internet - you should have no problem getting to the PSN sites or the GT Official website wherever there is an internet connection or wifi.  Make sure that your PS3 is compatable with the electrical service in your area of get a converter for your power source. Perhaps tha is available at Walmart too for under $40 bucks. There, Problem solved.

I live in the caribbean so no Walmart where I live. LOL!!! Would love to get a deal like that now but can't. I have to order all my gaming goodies and have them shipped down here to me.

I do have GT5 and was playing it when I got the YLOD on my PS3. Anyways, I was thinking of the Japannese GT5 Race Bundle mostly because of the cool looking PS3. But I don't want to go through all that trouble for a console that cant play all my games and so on.

Message 4778 of 4,803 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Mike_Delaney wrote:
Japanese and European TV standards are different so yes, the video will not play correctly on a TV that is not multi-system (North American sets are typcially NTSC-only). You can find multi-system TVs but they are typically more expensive than straight NTSC sets. I have an old 27" Sony Trinitron, multi-system set I no longer use and I'd sell it to you if you lived near Indy.

Thanks for the info Mike.....I will just go ahead and get a US version PS3. I think I will get a 320 gig. It was a nice thought to get a cool colored PS3 but I much rather get a PS3 ASAP.

Message 4779 of 4,803 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Dec 16, 2010

Sylon08 wrote:
Helpful little tip for those who haven't done the Gran Tour Special Event yet, after each event, if you click NEXT instead of EXIT and watch the little video clip afterwards, it'll unlock a few new locations in the Photo Travel section.

Thanks I didn't know this.  

Message 4780 of 4,803 (27 Views)
0 Likes