1695 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Information thread

Dec 12, 2010

Pyro6000 wrote:

Neptune15 wrote:

ikk911 wrote:

will there be Add-on cars :robotvery-happy:

You've driven them all already?!

While there may be a dozen or so people in the world that would want to and/or be willing to and/or actually drive all the cars in GT5, I don't believe it is or should be a requirement in order to want more cars.

The numbers don't tell it all. Sure, there's 1,031 cars, but how many do you plan on driving? How many cars do you feel passionate about?

Just look at all the treads right after the official car list was released. A lot of people were expecting a lot of cars that didn't make it. Cars that have been very globally recognized. PD has the license for some great makes now, but didn't include a lot of the most iconic cars from those makes. Is it wrong to ask for a McLaren F1 LM, for example? Cadillac CTS-V? Mustang Shelby GT500?

You can always use that logic. GT will never include every single car people consider "iconic."

To me, the Toyota Corolla is iconic. It's the most popular car of all time, and it's not in GT. That might seem ridiculous, but opinions vary, and so does PD's; ultimately, it's their opinion that matters.

My point is that people are always looking at what cars that aren't in GT instead of the ones that are in. If every single one of the cars you mentioned is in for DLC or GT6, nobody would acknowledge it and just move on to complain about some other omitted car.

Message 4741 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 12, 2010

ok, so who at gt5 decided to pull the bonehead move and do server maint on a weekend when EVERYONE wants to rip on line. Doing it during the week would seem the best time to do stuff like that.

Message 4742 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5105 posts

Dec 12, 2010

gunny-usmc-1964 wrote:

ok, so who at gt5 decided to pull the bonehead move and do server maint on a weekend when EVERYONE wants to rip on line. Doing it during the week would seem the best time to do stuff like that.

That is a very good point.
Message 4743 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13759 posts

Dec 13, 2010

the profile page is now up & running.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?member=Grim%20Reaper
Message 4744 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Dec 13, 2010

animal84 wrote:

gunny-usmc-1964 wrote:

That is a very good point.

At least they/PD are doing something to attempt to correct these issues, be thankful of this... It doesn't matter when they opt to do so, just the fact they are trying should be considered a step in the right direction

Message 4745 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Dec 13, 2010

You can always use that logic. GT will never include every single car people consider "iconic."

To me, the Toyota Corolla is iconic. It's the most popular car of all time, and it's not in GT. That might seem ridiculous, but opinions vary, and so does PD's; ultimately, it's their opinion that matters.

My point is that people are always looking at what cars that aren't in GT instead of the ones that are in. If every single one of the cars you mentioned is in for DLC or GT6, nobody would acknowledge it and just move on to complain about some other omitted car.

Sad but true... You can please some of the people some of the time, yet you can please none of the people ALL the time

Message 4746 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

Dec 13, 2010

Consumers need to understand that the job for video game developers is not done when the game is released. Sometimes things come up after released that were not seen or couldn't have been tested before hand. So sometimes things come up, patches are made, servers go down for maintenance. It happens, this is the gaming world we live in.

I would rather see a new patch to fix a problem than in the old days of the PS2 that when games are released, thats it. If something is wrong, you were SOL.

Message 4747 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Dec 14, 2010

Does anyone know if ANY  of the cars in the used car lot are premium.  I keep seeing some LM cars in there and I wonder if I buy a brand new LM car at 4 to 5 million I would hope that it is not a standard.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 4748 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1009 posts

Dec 14, 2010

greyghost2 wrote:

Does anyone know if ANY  of the cars in the used car lot are premium.  I keep seeing some LM cars in there and I wonder if I buy a brand new LM car at 4 to 5 million I would hope that it is not a standard.

Every car that I have seen in the used lot had an S symbol on it.  I assumed that meant that the car was standard.  I think that the description for the store says something like "these are standard cars..."  So I would say that they are all standard.  All the premium cars should be in the dealership no matter how old the car is.

Signature
Message 4749 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Dec 14, 2010

Used cars are all Standard, new cars are all Premium.  Prize cars are a crapshoot.  The odd car is available both Standard/Used and Premium/New.

Message 4750 of 4,803 (28 Views)
0 Likes