Highlighted
Aug 14 2010
By: clacksman Treasure Hunter 8245 posts

Gran Turismo 5 Information thread

4802 replies 743 views Edited Aug 14, 2010

Gran Turismo 5

Information thread

In the OP of this thread I will be compiling a list of links to any useful information relevant to Gran Turismo 5 posted here at PSN NA. 

Please PM me or post ITT with anything you feel qualifies as relevant information for Gran Turismo 5.

Large reams of actual and confirmed information about GT5 will exist soon after release of the game, and this post will be where you should check first. 

Official GT5 Information and unofficial GT5 user manuals wanted here include these topics:

GT5 screenshots and box shots, note when posting to limit width to 800px to prevent page stretching.

Media previews and reviews of the full game.

User reviews of GT5 features.

Included vehicles.

Offline race reports.

GT5 (and GT5P) compatible hardware, such as steering wheel sets.

If you have the time to maintain a thread about any portion of GT5 content properly during the lifespan of GT5, then you certainly can do so.  Typical subjects that often have their own thread for past GT titles include (but are not limited to) Licence test write ups, track lists, overall car lists, prize/reward car lists., etc.  Until a volunteer presents themself to take that on, that information can and should be posted ITT and I will deal with it.

Gran Turismo: The Official Site

Developer:  Polyphony Digital

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Genre: Racing

Platform: PlayStation 3

Release Date: 2 November 2010

Number of players Offline: 1-2

Number of Players Online:  2-16

Rating:  RP(pending)

Release dates

Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Announced as November 2 2010

Not only that, there's a Collector's Edition

GT PSP has its own information thread:  Gran Turismo PSP Information Thread

GT : TV has its own thread (yes, GT : TV is still broken):  GT-TV Content and Discussion Thread

GT5-specific links:

A name-the-GT5-E3-trialer-song contest was held - transcript ITT here - source Title selected for the Gran Turismo 5 E3 2010 trailer music 

Collectors' Edition DLC cars revealed - Collector's Edition DLC cars revealed

SCEE region customers get a choice of three versions - Three GT5 Editions Announced : pick your upgrade!

Features list, sevn pages of good reading - Latest Information on Gran Turismo 5 Uncovered

Image-free transcript ITT here

E3 2010 trailer - Gran Turismo 5 E3 2010 trailer debut

Retrospective trailer from just before E3 2010 - Gran Turismo 5 Retrospective Trailer Revealed

Night racing trailer, packed in with NTSC God of War III, made it to the official site on 12 March 2010 :

Gran Turismo® 5 Night Racing Trailer Revealed

Official box art on the US official site: Gran Turismo 5 Package Art Revealed

On 24 September (Japan time and date), the Tokyo Games Show started.  

Thanks to calvins48 for the thread devoted to it:  The 2009 Tokyo Games Show Updates Thread!

Gameplay videos from this show can be found with a YouTube search.

On the GT official site: Gran Turismo 5 Feature List Revealed at TGS

On 22 September 2009, we first saw Gran Turismo Ferrari 458 Italia Debut .  Shown circuits include High Speed Ring, Fuji Speedway, Nurburgring Nordschleife and one we don't yet know the name of.

On 18 Aug 2009, the Japanese official GT site had information posted for approximately 1 day.  Repost with translation here

Thanks to thepatriots for this GT5 (and GT PSP)-related thread from August 2009 The unofficial GT at Gamescom 09 thread

Commonly called the "E3 trailer", here is the Gran Turismo 5 Concept Movie from E3 2009.

IGN devotes three pages to it here

Forum discussion about this (E3) begins here

video-specific discussion and screenshots begin here

A thread devoted to this topic:  E3 Trailer analysis

calvins48 is looking after the confirmed cars list for GT5 here List of Revealed Cars and tracks here List of Revealed Circuits

The GT5 News, Media and Comments thread was where we collected information regarding GT5 for a couple years up to 24 September 2009.  Most of the useful links and tidbits are now reposted here.

GT5 confirmed content:

List of revealed circuits

List of revealed cars

Trade show demos:

Youtube user mimaximax has his hands on the demo build and has uploaded plenty of videos with useful write-ups atached.

1up.com notes Sony shows off GT5 (and others) in 3D ... in Tokyo - 30 May 2010 - ITT by Ddrizle here - source here

PS3Center.net notes Mercedes-Benz Driving Academy will be using GT5 Demo  - 21 May 2010 - ITT here - source here

Screenshots:

15 Jun 2010 E3 official screenshots here

12 May 2010 screenshots of the Nurburgring reposted ITT here and US PS blog post here

03 November 2009 official screenshots from SEMA: here

15 October 2009 official screenshots: here

8 October 2009 official screenshots: here

2 October 2009 official screenshots: here

Various GT5 galleries:

Gamersyde

Eurogamer.pt

Gamezine.co.uk

Gamespot

IGN

Gamezine.co.uk

NowGamer

The early batch of official Screenshots are also posted ITT.

Videos:

Bunch of E3 gameplay vids here

Interviews and previews:

ogilvy west interviews Taku Imasaki (Producer; SCEA) - 22 July 2010 - ITT here - source (youtube) here

Red Bull plugs their involvement with GT5 - ITT here - source here

simhq with GT5 demo/show build - 4 July 2010 - ITT here - source here

US playstation blog with KY - 18 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

igamereport tried to nail down interior views versus no interior views for Standard cars - 23 June 2010 - transcript ITT here - source has 404'd

uk.playstaion.com talks with Shuhei Yoshida - 15 Jun 2010 - ITT here (partial) - source here

g4tv with KY at E3 - 17 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

gamerant plays GT5 in 3D at E3 - 17 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

gameReview with KY at E3 - 18 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

Autoblog with KY - 17 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

Motor Trend at E3 - 16 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

gamespot on GT5 at E3 - 16 Jun 2010 - ITT here (thanks ForgetfuI) - source here

IGN review of the E3 demo build - 16 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

thegameraccess with a man on the scene at the E3 press conference - 16 Jun 2010 - ITT here - source here

Eurogamer with KY - 16 June 2010 - ITT here - source here

AutoExpress UK Tests out GT5s Nurburgring - 17 May 2010 - ITT here - source here

Motor Trend drives the new Nurburgring in GT5 - 17 May 2010 - ITT here  - source here

TopGear with KY - 21 Apr 2010 - transcript ITT by yours truly here - source here

Autoexpress UK with KY - 20 Apr 2010 - transcript ITT by Forgetful here - source here

Autoblog UK with KY - 19 Apr 2010 - transcript ITT by Neptune15 here - source here

Motor Trend previews NASCAR in GT5 and speaks with KY - 4 Mar 2010 - source here

USA Today with KY - 15 Jan 2010 - source here - reposted ITT here

Motor Trend with KY at CES - 13 Jan 2010 - source here - reposted ITT here

PS3center finds the leaked/planted OPTM magazine pics 6 Jan 2010 - here

OPM with KY, transcripted ITT by calvins48 here

G4tv with KY at SEMA - 12 Nov 2009 - here

IGN with KY - 9 Nov 2009 -  here - reposted here

Autoweek with KY - 04 Nov 2009 -  here

- transcript reposted  here

Gametrailers with KY - 13 Oct 2009 - here

1up.com with KY - 13 Oct 2009 -  here - repost here

PSXExtreme previews GT5 - 11 Oct 2009 - here

gameblog.fr with KY, english text and link from/to N4G - 08 Oct 2009 -  here

Gamezine.co.uk translating a foreign story/interview - 05 Oct 2009 - here

Gameinformer with a preview - 29 Sep 2009 -  here - repost here

IGN with KY - 28 Sep 2009 - here

gamezine.co.uk translating from (french) JVN - 28 Sep 2009 - here - webtranslation of original here - and the original video at jvn.com here

joystiq with KY - 28 Sep 2009 -  here

Gamespot UK with KY - 28 Sep 2009 - here

G4TV with KY - 1 Sep 2009 - full interview

MultiPlayer.it with KY - 30 Aug 2009 - partial reposts here, and here - source here

JVN with KY - 8 Aug 2009 here, and, a day earlier here, yet earlier (21 Jul 2009) here

kotaku with KY - 9 Jun 2009 - full interview - repost here

edge-online with KY - 4 Jun 2009 - repost here

Inside Line with KY - 2 Jun 2009 - repost here

Demo (Time Trial Challenge):

Pics and video on videogamezone.de:  Gran Turismo 5 Demo - videogamezone.de

More demo details from the official site:    Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge Starts 17 Dec

A demo of GT5 tied to a time trial contest will be available on the PSN Store 17 Dec 2009.  Read more at the official site:  Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge Announced

Hardware:

Many active players of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue have accessories to make their gameplay experience better; these are links to those threads. Get started ASAP.

For DIY:

Offical Home Built Driving Rig Thread

For commercial products:

Official Driving Rig/Wheelstand Information Center

Last but certainly not least, check out The Gran Turismo Forum's GT Information Centre as the vast majority of useful threads here are linked to the GTIC.

Message 3423 of 4,803 (743 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Information thread

Sep 2, 2009
Nice clacksman. Are we expecting the official date from sony/pd at tgs.
Message Edited by package11 on 09-02-2009 01:36 PM
Message 1 of 4,803 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Sep 2, 2009

package11 wrote:
Are we expecting the official date from sony/pd at tgs.

Many are, I'm too old experienced cynical old for that stuff. 

If it appears, I'll link to it.

Message 2 of 4,803 (743 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Sep 2, 2009
I was gonna start this thread Clacks, then I though, what's wrong with MastrGT's GT5 News, Media, and Comments thread? It's been going for longer and serves the same purpose.
I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 3 of 4,803 (743 Views)
Splicer
81 posts

Sep 2, 2009
this will actually be usefull since your updating the first post with information, so people dont have to read through so many posts to find new info.
Message 4 of 4,803 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Sep 2, 2009

calvins48 wrote:
I was gonna start this thread Clacks, then I though, what's wrong with MastrGT's GT5 News, Media, and Comments thread? It's been going for longer and serves the same purpose.

The only thing wrong with that thread is that it's huge and not very well organized.  I applaud Clacksman for starting this thread and I'll even give him some advanced applause for updating the first post as information is added.  Now if we could get someone to sticky it so it's always on the top, I think this would be a great thing.
DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 5 of 4,803 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Sep 2, 2009
MGTs thread is an organization of the entire GT franchise. I think clax is after somthing inthe mold of the GTPSP info thread. A place to post hard information about the game, and a place where newcomers can drop in and get just the recent, relevant GT5 stuff.
Message Edited by ForgetfuI on 09-02-2009 02:44 PM
DriverSports.org
Message 6 of 4,803 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Sep 2, 2009

calvins48 wrote:
I was gonna start this thread clacks, then I though, what's wrong with MastrGT's GT5 News, Media, and Comments thread? It's been going for longer and serves the same purpose.

I thought so too, but our favourite moderator asked if I would take this on so away we go. 

There's nothing wrong with the GTNMC thread you referenced for anyone who's kept up with it.  Without information (and/or links) edited into the OP of a big thread, the lazy ones will just post a thread instead of reading.

Message 7 of 4,803 (743 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2172 posts

Sep 2, 2009

Sorry to say, but unless this thread gets stickied to the top of page 1, I have a feeling it will be just as useless as some of the other threads. Is it that hard for some people to wrap their heads around the idea that, if you want people to post specific things in specific threads, you need to make those threads easy to find, not having to go digging thru page after page of threads that all start looking the same just to find the right one. So, without sticking this thread, in a few days/week, you'll get the same thing that happened last night/this morning with someone making a post and then having replys stating "this should go into 'posts link to the appropaite thread'." and just turning more people off to this corner of the forums.

With that said, Kudo's clacksman

No offense to anyone, just stating fact.
Just my $.02 $.01
Message 8 of 4,803 (743 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Sep 2, 2009

eulogys wrote:

Sorry to say, but unless this thread gets stickied to the top of page 1, I have a feeling it will be just as useless as some of the other threads.

This thread is currenly completely useless.

Once there's some real information about GT5 around for me to link to, I'll request a sticky.

Message 9 of 4,803 (743 Views)
0 Likes