Apr 06 2011
By: gp2001 First Son 5 posts

Gran Turismo 5 Ferrari

23 replies 620 views Edited Apr 6, 2011

Are those two ferrari race cars in the dealership worth the 10 and 12 million that they cost. Hate to save up all that money and waste it on a crappy car? Thanks

Message 1 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Ferrari

Apr 6, 2011

f10 f07 i have f10 online if you want to borrow it

energy
Message 2 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 6, 2011

I can't get online just yet, should be able to later this month. Just trying to beat all the extreme series races and was wandering if those cars would be good for them?

Message 3 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7248 posts

Apr 6, 2011

hmmm

energy
Message 4 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 6, 2011

You could buy a formula gran turismo from the online dealership or UCD when it's avaliable.... It should cost you less than 5 million and I guess it beats the F10 or the F07....

Message 5 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Apr 6, 2011

The Ferrari F1 cars are good. . . . however, they CANNOT be used in ANY A-Spec or B-Spec events.   They can only be used in 1 make event races (practice or aracade), or in Ferrari F1 races only online.

At the moment there is also a Ferrari F1 seasonal you can use them in.

Message 6 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1621 posts

Apr 6, 2011

Super is right, you can't really use them for much. Nothing A or B spec..

But hands down the F10 and F2007 beat the GT formula F1 car.

They drive and handle so much better.

But since you aren't on-line yet, you can't get the GT F1 either.

If I had to answer your question, it's NO the cars are not worth the money, unless you've got extra credits hat you just want to blow on an expensive car to add it to your collection

Message 7 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Apr 6, 2011

Since you aren't online they aren't worth the credits. Once you are online though and if the Ferrari seasonals are still there, or something similar, I definitely say at least one is worth it. I have the F10 and it drives much better than the FGT imho. I race the seasonals pretty often just because I really enjoy them, and a couple of them pay up big, so I've more than paid for it.

In the mean time get a FGT as soon as you can from the UCD (if you don't have one). You'll need it eventually, and if you get into B-Spec you can hand it to your Bob and just wait for the cash, which you can then use to buy the Ferrari(s).

Message 8 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 6, 2011

What level and cost does it take to get the X1 and the FGT that you guys are talking about? Havent noticed these two cars yet.

Message 9 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Apr 6, 2011

WyldAnimal wrote:

Super is right, you can't really use them for much. Nothing A or B spec..

But hands down the F10 and F2007 beat the GT formula F1 car.

They drive and handle so much better.

But since you aren't on-line yet, you can't get the GT F1 either.

If I had to answer your question, it's NO the cars are not worth the money, unless you've got extra credits hat you just want to blow on an expensive car to add it to your collection

I absolutely, wholehartedly, have to disagree.

First, the Ferraris are not necessarily faster than the FGT.  It depends on the track and how you drive them.  My best times on laguna seca are as follows... 1:07 in F10, 1:05 in FGT, and 1:04 in the F2007.  I'm sure if I practiced any of them more I could change that order.

The formula cars are all very competitve with one another,  depending on the setup and driving technique.

Caviat -- FGT is higher horsepower and for that reason has a higher top speed and will always win on tracks with long straights... but laguna seca was chosen to level the playing field for the Ferraris.

Secondly,

The Ferraris are absolutely worth the money.  Even if only for the Seasonal events, that is the most fun I have in this game right now.  I haven't gotten sick of running the F10 in them, and I recently got a F2007 and it drives even better with stock settings anyways.  It is fun.  Mad fun.  Some of the best racing in the whole game, hands down.

My opinion on the fun factor, but the track times speak for themselves.

EDIT:  But yea if you don't have online then you don't have the seasonal events... hurry up in case they disappear!!

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 10 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes