Apr 18 2010
By: Garon7th Lombax Warrior 104 posts

Gran Turismo 5 Custom Paint Jobs?

27 replies 436 views Edited Apr 18, 2010

I've been wondering if this was a feature in the game.  Don't know if they will or won't have this feature as the question hasn't really come up and had been answered.  I just think it would be awesome if we could make our own decals or whatever and paste em on our car.  Maybe not vehicle physical customization like side skirts or whatever because that would probably be way to hard to implement in the game.  But just making within the game a feature to customize paint jobs for your vehicles would really make the game feel more personal.  I could literally see online groups having the same symbol on their vehicles, totally cool team awesomeness!

Just throwing that out there, but if someone knows more please post!

Anything Is Possible, Maybe Just Not Very Probable.
Message 1 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Custom Paint Jobs?

Apr 18, 2010
You know what I mean? It just seems really possible to have this feature as all your doing in the game is not changing the physical appearence of the car with add-ons like skirts and fenders, but the outside shell of colors on the already set vehicle.
Anything Is Possible, Maybe Just Not Very Probable.
Message 2 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4679 posts

Apr 18, 2010
I agree, but PD wont say anything, so we wont know for sure until the game is in your PS3.
Message 3 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44510 posts

Apr 19, 2010

This was from a presentation getting on close to 3 years ago, now.

I kind of doubt PD has been sitting on their thumbs all of this time.

Message 4 of 28 (436 Views)
Sackboy
446 posts

Apr 19, 2010

Garon7th wrote:
Gran Turismo 5 Custom Paint Jobs?
But just making within the game a feature to customize paint jobs for your vehicles would really make the game feel more personal.  I could literally see online groups having the same symbol on their vehicles, totally cool team awesomeness!

1) By "paint job" I think you mean "livery".  Joe Sixpack's car has a paint job, but race cars have liveries.

2) If the game had a livery editor, we'd be talking more than just "online groups having the same symbol on their vehicles", but whole intricate liveries.

Message 5 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Apr 19, 2010

MastrGT wrote:

This was from a presentation getting on close to 3 years ago, now.

I kind of doubt PD has been sitting on their thumbs all of this time.

Seriously, this is over two years old and referred to GT:HD, Not GT5Prologue.   We don't know if any of the features are going to be in GT5 unless they have been substantiated in subsequent interviews by the PD/Sony staff.  I have not seen anything regarding "custom Paint" identified other than this 2 year old GT:HD list of features, have you?

Message 6 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44510 posts

Apr 19, 2010

While it is getting old, it does show that PD knows what to do.

Message 7 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Apr 20, 2010

While that may be true, they have also neglected to give us other things that were promised.  I would draw your attention to a "BigSmiley Very HappyFallSmiley Very HappyUpdate"

of 2008  which gave us 3 cars that was a huge disappoointment for people who own GT5P.  PD Doesn't ALWAYS deliver.   Since we haven't heard anything firm in recent information proffered by PD/Sony that we have asked about, why would you think that they'll stick to the menu they presented us for GT:HD?  It could be nothing more than lip service (as we are finding out about other things).Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 20, 2010

While both arguments have their fine points, paint jobs that we create for our cars would be cool.

______________Luck is where hard work and opportunity meet._______________
____With patience and perserverance, you can piss a hole in a brick......my dad____
___________________________Click my sig_____________________________
Message 9 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 19, 2010

The custom paint/livery editor is something I am most interested in.

Dare I say it, but Forza's paint/livery editor is great to use and with the auction house you can sell them for more in game credits to purchase better cars.  It really adds a dimension to the game.

I really hope they have something in there like that, but as said by others, nothing has been reported on it yet, and that picture, if a couple of years old, then can't be used as evidence it will exist.

Fingers crossed!

Message 10 of 28 (436 Views)
0 Likes