Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/01/2009
Offline
163 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009
C'mon guys! we need to be realistic here!! as GT all star said Gt5 is finished and it will be released shortly after GT psp, which means, i guess its on 4thquarter this year(Nov-dec)
PSN: Montoya6k
--------------------
PS3 80GB - White Ceramic
RE5/MGS4/DMC4/GT5/GT4/GTAIV/VChronicles/KZ2
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4755/signature9ol19ao2vy2id7.png
Message 31 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/03/2005
Offline
4679 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009

montoya6k wrote:
C'mon guys! we need to be realistic here!! as GT all star said Gt5 is finished and it will be released shortly after GT psp, which means, i guess its on 4thquarter this year(Nov-dec)

Yet Kaz keeps saying that "We're still working on it..." in interviews. Recent interviews none the less.

 

Smoke and mirrors? One can only guess...

Message 32 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/19/2009
Offline
1048 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009

montoya6k wrote:
C'mon guys! we need to be realistic here!! as GT all star said Gt5 is finished and it will be released shortly after GT psp, which means, i guess its on 4thquarter this year(Nov-dec)

 

yeap, Nov, or Dec
Message 33 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Online
44794 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009
Not smoke and mirrors, as far as I can tell.

It's PD's duty to keep working on GT5 until their time is up. GT PSP may have slowed GT5's development progress somewhat, but they are probably less rushed with this release than most previous ones, especially GT4. So, since PD isn't talking about GT5, right now, all we are getting are Kaz's generalizations.

Cheers,
Message 34 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/03/2005
Offline
4679 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009

MastrGT wrote:
Not smoke and mirrors, as far as I can tell.

It's PD's duty to keep working on GT5 until their time is up. GT PSP may have slowed GT5's development progress somewhat, but they are probably less rushed with this release than most previous ones, especially GT4. So, since PD isn't talking about GT5, right now, all we are getting are Kaz's generalizations.

How long does it take to print enough copies for a worldwide release?

 

I was under the impression that they would need at least a 45-day lead time to get the game in stores.

Message 35 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Online
44794 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009

Pyro6000 wrote:

How long does it take to print enough copies for a worldwide release?

 

I was under the impression that they would need at least a 45-day lead time to get the game in stores.



That would depend on the media and the duplicator. Blu-ray duplicators can hold something like 300 disks per spindle and some can be chained in groups of 255, so running 24/7, I'd say maybe a week or less for 10 million copies.

From what I gather, SONY has had plenty of time with this one because Kaz is talking as if PD is almost ready (so your 45 days is probably reasonable after copier time is pre-booked). I don't think we've ever heard that before.

Cheers,
Message 36 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/12/2009
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009
NOthing but a really good photo shop lol
Message 37 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/03/2000
Offline
8363 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 31, 2009

Pyro6000 wrote:

montoya6k wrote:
C'mon guys! we need to be realistic here!! as GT all star said Gt5 is finished and it will be released shortly after GT psp, which means, i guess its on 4thquarter this year(Nov-dec)

Yet Kaz keeps saying that "We're still working on it..." in interviews. Recent interviews none the less.

 

Smoke and mirrors? One can only guess...


Kaz has been saying that for as long as I've been a GT fan. I remember one time he was asked when GT4 would be finished, and he said something to the effect of "It will never be finished, I am always working on it, but it has to come out sometime" and started going off about his ultimate vision for Gran Turismo, wanting to include every car ever and whatnot.

Kaz is a perfectionist, he will never let himself finish working on the game. At least now with DLC we can see the fruits of his labor on a more regular basis.
Message 38 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Jul 22, 2010

i hope there is a beta i am already pre-ordering the game

Message 39 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/21/2009
Offline
264 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Jul 23, 2010

 


Benprime1 wrote:

i hope there is a beta i am already pre-ordering the game


 

Benprime1

     Welcome to the forum 

ya dug deep for this one, Good job 

 

It's funny how things work out. The sight about the beta was was wrong. With all the talk now about things pertaining to GT5 in 8 more months HOW WILL IT BE THEN !!!    

Message 40 of 40 (31 Views)
Reply
0 Likes