Sackboy
522 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 29, 2009

Since I'm listening to high skool football now, I'm going to make a football analogy:

EVERY single speculation post is like a penalty in football: it (the speculation) just hinders the eventual outcome: a touchdown. (in this case the "touchdown" refers to the game getting into millions, maybe billions (that's right, Billions with a B!) of homes.)

There's my analogy, feel free to add to it, take offense, do whatever to it! I don't care.

Message 21 of 40 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Aug 29, 2009
If it didn't come out of the mouths of Kazunori Yamauchi, PD, or Sony, this will be considered fake until it is mentioned by either three sources.
Message 22 of 40 (34 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45100 posts

Aug 29, 2009
There are bad rumours not worth our time or that need to be headed off at the pass and there are good rumours I find interesting or healthy. I like this one.

PD has to have a GT5 beta test, at some point, and they certainly can do it without our help.

Cheers,
Message 23 of 40 (34 Views)
Fender Bender
3148 posts

Aug 30, 2009

Sven-RIT wrote:
Prologue is a polished pre-alpha demo, not a beta. A beta would need to have a much better representation of the features available in the final product, both in terms of online features, and gameplay physics and features.

i've been in numerous beta's with the most recent one being for supercar challenge and none of them fit your description for what a "beta would need to have".  for example, scc included 2 tracks and 3 cars with online mode only...

search
Message 24 of 40 (34 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Aug 30, 2009

erikgolson wrote:
i've been in numerous beta's with the most recent one being for supercar challenge and none of them fit your description for what a "beta would need to have".  for example, scc included 2 tracks and 3 cars with online mode only...

Yeah, some "beta", huh?  Demos have more in them. I was instantly bored with that so-called "Beta".  But, there is a brighter side, the full game will have much more in it. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Cordially,

Message 25 of 40 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Aug 30, 2009

erikgolson wrote:

Sven-RIT wrote:
Prologue is a polished pre-alpha demo, not a beta. A beta would need to have a much better representation of the features available in the final product, both in terms of online features, and gameplay physics and features.

That's because public betas only need to test the online code, and they don't need very many tracks or cars to do this. And they especially don't need any offline modes for you to test the online play for them. What they *do* need is a decent representation of the features available in the planned final online mode. Features like parties, customizable race rules, damage, parts upgrades, long races with fuel use, tire wear, and pit stops, and the most up-to-date physics engine, none of which are in Prologue. If a representative feature set is not present in a beta test, then it is almost useless from a development perspective, and only serves as a stress test for the servers. Make no mistake, GT5 is going to be very different from Prologue.

Like MasterGT said, GT5 will be beta tested at some point, and maybe already has been. But it may not necessarily be a public beta. The image could very well be authentic, showing a Polyphony employee downloading the latest release of an internal beta test distributed on private servers.
Message 26 of 40 (34 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
45100 posts

Aug 30, 2009
A beta test, a public beta test, is done to test certain things, usually the on-line service, but it could be anything the devs want to stress or, in the case of the PSN, what SONY allows them to test. SONY has their restrictions, too, because they have to approve everything. Other aspects of a game's design may come to the surface, depending how long the test runs, how many people are involved and what kind of feedback is given, as shown by the recent Supercar Challenge beta (the first third-part PSN public beta test) and, I have to add, fortunately, Prologue.

Non-public beta testing is a requirement of any responsible dev and is usually very tightly controlled.
SONY can't as easily control someone with a cellphone or camera.

Whether this one is real or not, I can't say for certain either way.
Not that it really matters, either.

Cheers,
Message 27 of 40 (34 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

Aug 30, 2009
Also The Math Does Not Work out For It To Be 11%... So Yeah. And Even If It Were True if You Are Accepted Into a Beta For Something As Great As This YOur Not Suppose To Speak of it..
benzsig
Message 28 of 40 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Aug 31, 2009

Sven-RIT wrote:
That's because public betas only need to test the online code, and they don't need very many tracks or cars to do this. And they especially don't need any offline modes for you to test the online play for them. What they *do* need is a decent representation of the features available in the planned final online mode. Features like parties, customizable race rules, damage, parts upgrades, long races with fuel use, tire wear, and pit stops, and the most up-to-date physics engine, none of which are in Prologue. If a representative feature set is not present in a beta test, then it is almost useless from a development perspective, and only serves as a stress test for the servers. Make no mistake, GT5 is going to be very different from Prologue.

Like MasterGT said, GT5 will be beta tested at some point, and maybe already has been. But it may not necessarily be a public beta. The image could very well be authentic, showing a Polyphony employee downloading the latest release of an internal beta test distributed on private servers.

A beta test need to have what the developers want to test (duh lol). It doesn't need the final game physics if thats not what they want to test, the same thing goes for all the rest you said a beta need. And of course GT5P is not the beta. Yes, they can test many thing with GT5P, and it surrely helped with GT5 development but it's not GT5's beta. It's just a game for the addicts (read me and many others on this forum Smiley Wink) can have a taste of the game while waiting for the real thing.

Public and closed betas where regular players can enter (like the recent MAG beta) as you said are tests for the servers. I can say PD tested their servers already with GT5P though they will require more testing for GT5 since it's another code really. The picture can be from the real thing, but I don't think a real beta (the one where only professional game testers participate; or alpha, if you must) test will have data on PSN. I think employees get it from PD directly. Makes a lot more sence.

I think this one is a hoax, like many others we see in the net. You just need an idiot with photoshop skills and nothing better to do. Voila.

Message Edited by Dravonic on 08-30-2009 05:21 PM
Message 29 of 40 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

Aug 31, 2009

theBedBurner wrote:

If you think about it the idea of a beta for Gran Turismo 5 isn't that far fetched with the amount content and online capabilities. It may exist according to this website rumor.

http://www.gamersguidetolife.com/2009/08/gran-turismo-5-beta-inbound.html

BAD news for those of us wanting Gt5 proper
Message 30 of 40 (34 Views)
0 Likes