Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/17/2005
Offline
9428 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009

Click on the LINK BELOW MY SIG and see. These threads are nothing more than disruption here on the forums, they take up space and are redundant. The less comments that are made in these speculative threads and the sooner they are locked will prevent the feeding frenzy from overtaking the forum with Rumors and speculation.  Facts (Official Information) should be Placed in the GT5 News, Media and Comments thread.:smileywink:  That is where informative and factual information is condensed for everyone to see without opening a bunch of "rumors and speculations" threads here.:smileywink: Please try to help out the moderators by cooperating. Thank you!

Cordially,

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 08-28-2009 05:44 PM
Message 11 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/03/2000
Offline
8363 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
HELLO, PEOPLE, GT5 PROLOGUE IS THE BETA! NO More toys until GT5, boys!

This is SPECULATION AT ITS BEST!

First: We didn't need the bright colors and enormous font to read your post, thanks.
Second: You are speculating by saying "No more toys until GT5, boys!" Where do you get your information?
Third: GT5 Prologue is *not* a beta. It may be a legitimate server stress test, but it is (hopefully) nowhere near a close enough representation to the final product's feature set to be an actual beta test.
Message Edited by Sven-RIT on 08-28-2009 02:48 PM
Message 12 of 40 (5 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/17/2005
Offline
9428 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009

Sven-RIT wrote:

GT_ALLSTAR_47 wrote:
HELLO, PEOPLE, GT5 PROLOGUE IS THE BETA! NO More toys until GT5, boys!

This is SPECULATION AT ITS BEST!

First: We didn't need the bright colors and enormous font to read your post, thanks.
Second: You are speculating by saying "No more toys until GT5, boys!" Where do you get your information?
Third: GT5 Prologue is *not* a beta. It may be a legitimate server stress test, but it is (hopefully) nowhere near a close enough representation to the final product's feature set to be an actual beta test.
Message Edited by Sven-RIT on 08-28-2009 02:48 PM

 

My reply:  FIRST: I'll post however I want..   SECOND: Prove that my information Is Bogus. It is LOGICAL. Kaz has said that GT5Prologue is "finished". He has also said that GT5 is Finished.  Where do you think he's going to put a beta for GT5? Especially when he has stated that GT5 will be released "shortly".  A GT5 Beta would have to come out After the GT Mobile for PSP in October. And there is strong indications that there may be a 4th Quarter release of GT5 - NOT GT5 BETA.

 

THIRD: GT5Prologue IS a Beta Tester - they released it for the purposes of tinkering with the internet and online services. YOU Prove that it is otherwise.  It is not a Demo as it has far too much content in it.  I believe that Most people here would have the same opinion. 

 

So in the manner in which you posted, you get your reply in kind.  PM me if you have Problems with my posting in the Future.

Sincerely,

 

              

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 08-28-2009 06:05 PM
Message 13 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/11/2008
Offline
386 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009

Here is my opinion (which I clearly understand is only my opinion, but it does come from some experience in software development)...

 

Assuming the release date in Nov/Dec is correct, it's too late to release a beta.

 

IMO this image is somebody's attempt to chum the waters and watch the feeding frenzy.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/17/2005
Offline
9428 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009

s2k2k3 wrote:

Here is my opinion (which I clearly understand is only my opinion, but it does come from some experience in software development)...

 

Assuming the release date in Nov/Dec is correct, it's too late to release a beta.

 

IMO this image is somebody's attempt to chum the waters and watch the feeding frenzy.


 

We Thank you for your support of the evidence :smileytongue:

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Regards,

Message 15 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Online
41966 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009
There is no date associated with the beta image, so we have no idea when the beta testing was done, but I imagine that it will continue to be tested until just before going gold.

Cheers,
Message 16 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 03/17/2005
Offline
9428 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009

MastrGT wrote:
There is no date associated with the beta image, so we have no idea when the beta testing was done, but I imagine that it will continue to be tested until just before going gold.

Cheers,

 

There is NOTHING associaated with the "Beta" image.  BTW, just "Who's Testing the Beta"?  Before going "GOLD"?? WTH? Please explain this. I'm in the belief that someone photoshopped this image.  Who Are these people anyway, and how did they get this so-called inside information?  I believe it to be nothing more than a hoax.

I want some of what you're using, MGT :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileywink:

Regards,

Message Edited by GT_ALLSTAR_47 on 08-28-2009 06:37 PM
Message 17 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/08/2005
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 28, 2009

It could just be a screenshot from an employee or 1st party partner doing internal beta test, or 1st party partner. Going "Gold" means when the title begins production/copying and is ready for mass distribution. Going "Gold" occurs after a game title has been through an Alpha, Beta and Release Client quality test.

 

Message 18 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
1118 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 29, 2009
It Really looks Like a Photoshop Hoax.... I Think This because Of The Smudge Tool Leaves That Residue Like on The Side... Then again I Could Be wrong.
benzsig
Message 19 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/07/2008
Offline
2816 posts
 

Re: Gran Turismo 5 Beta (Rumor)

Aug 29, 2009

 

It would only take some snooping through the PSN store to verify authenticity.

If it was a real live beta, the download file would show up in the store, but you would need a code to download it.

 

Also hard to imagine, given the size of the community, that no hint or whisper of a beta program, or invites to, have been floating through the grapevine.

If it existed we would have heard about it.



Message 20 of 40 (5 Views)
Reply
0 Likes