Jul 21 2006
By: AMG-Shah1 Fender Bender 3684 posts

Gran Turismo 4 Leaderboard - Your Opinions Required

5 replies 4 views Edited Jul 21, 2006
It would help to have a lap time database specifically for these message boards, where members could post their fastest laps along with, perhaps, the car set-ups they've used. Making this leaderboard isn't going to be an easy task, but it would be a great addition to the list of useful features we already have. Your thoughts, ideas and opinions are greatly appreciated. 

Message Edited by Shah1_CLK-GTR on 07-21-2006 01:02 AM

Message 1 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3457 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 4 Leaderboard - Your Opinions Required

Jul 21, 2006
People have tried things like this before, but it was hard for them and interest is lost quick.

Mike1305 tried making a Nurburgring leaderboard and he got about 20-30 times for various cars, but there were only a couple of people submiting times.
There was someone else who tried to make a leaderboard for all tracks and all cars. It didn't work out; No one submited times. A couple of people told him to do 1 course and all cars or vise versa, but he never started that.

It would be cool to have but hard to run and keep updated constantly. Maybe if we had multiple threads for every track and there was a different person for every thread (who "owned" it; Made it, updated it, etc.). Or..., There were 5 threads (real circuits, city courses, dirt and snow, driving park, and original circuits) and within those threads a indviual post for every track (on the first page).
Those are the only 2 ways I see this happening or else it would be really hard to do in all 1 thread, because it would be unorganized and so on.
I'm gald to help if you need it (just send me a pm) and I'm sure other people would help too (just send them a pm ).

Good luck!

Message Edited by Doublez1 on 07-21-2006 01:01 PM

a>
Message 2 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44745 posts

Jul 21, 2006
Plus, you'd need to find an unemployed saint to look after things.

There already are two good GT4 times databases listed in the GT4 Information Centre, so there is no need to reinvent what already exists and works well. Just enter your times in one of them and everyone around the world can find yours.

Cheers,
Message 3 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
951 posts

Jul 22, 2006
This remembers me GT3 times, which doesn't seem to have had any following with GT4, compared to what GTvault did. Anyone ever heard of the project of the founders of GT3 Times?
Message 4 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1694 posts

Jul 22, 2006
My Nurburgring thread wasn't too bad for a while until I went on vacation for a few days and didn't update and it fell off the first page.  and like double said, I had a good amount of cars but only 5-6 people entered times..... I didn't feel like reviving it becuase it was alot of work.  

Message 5 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44745 posts

Jul 22, 2006

HdUgT wrote:
Anyone ever heard of the project of the founders of GT3 Times?

The person who owns the site didn't have the time to redesign it for the new version of the game.
He won't merge its membership, but he doesn't seem that interested in reviving the site, either.

Cheers,
Message 6 of 6 (4 Views)
0 Likes