Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 30 2013
By: A3cNineO2 First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Gran Turismo 2 download

32 replies 1304 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

Does anyone have any idea when Gran Turismo 1 and 2 will be available for download in the playstation store. My discs are pretty scratched up, and the only one that's readable is simulation mode for GT2. If anyone knows, I'd really appreciate knowing.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (1,304 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Re: Gran Turismo 2 download

Jan 30, 2013

As far as I know, there is no plans to release older GT games at the store. But you never know.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (1,287 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3007 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Honestly the last time I fired up an older GT game it was a huge dissapointment, after playing GTHD/Prologue/5 in high definition.  If they ever did re-release 1-4 I hope they do an HD remaster!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I wouldn't imagine them doing that. Think about the size of those games. What would it be around? 7-9 GB of space? 

Granted GT5 was a 8-10gb download JUST to help the load times and other things.

photo GTsats5FinaleWinner_zps4faa2658.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (1,277 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41181 posts

Jan 31, 2013

PS 1 games were released on CD-sized discs, so their size is not the problem. The probem, if there is any, is the low-res of these early titles. It is just painful to watch them, now.

However, I still love GT's original High Speed Ring, so there are worthwhile differences with each one that still make them desirable.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (1,246 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I know that Game Stop has stopped taking PS1 games but if you ask them to keep an eye out for the games and offer "finders fee" they may help you out. I played Animal Crossing on the Game Cube and needed to get second game for my girlfriend daughter, it took two months and a six pack but I got the game. I found by going in the comic stores that some deal in the older stuff  and picked up GT2 for $2.50 and it had the books inside. I have the first run that completed game is 98.2% and two second run with 100%. Same memory card with both disc, second one had the % corrected for having the drag racing removed from original edition. Try starting a thread asking if anyone wants to sell theirs or will keep an eye out for them. I know I do for any GT, Burnout (XB,PS) and Motor Storm due to having a cat chews on things I leave out.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (1,231 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24390 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Tag sales. Estate sales. Craigslist. Ebay. Even check Goodwill and Salvation Army stores. They're out there. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (1,228 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8398 posts

Jan 31, 2013

old graphics don't bother me so long as you remember that it's nostalgia you're after with older titles, not necessarily current standards of quality...

when I got my HDTV prior to getting PS3 and GT5 I loaded up GT4 and put it on the HD mode... It actually looked much better given the new TV and widescreen settings applied.

There are some challenges in GT4 which cannot be found anywhere else so if you want to do those, you have to go back to that beast.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (1,204 Views)
Fender Bender
2937 posts

Jan 31, 2013
I played GT4 fer a little bit before GT5 released. While the graphics were significantly outdated it wasnt quite as bad as the original PS releases. I bought one of the Oddworld games that was originally released on the PS1 and graphics were horrible. They were great for their day but that time has passed. I really dont think I could get into GT1 or 2 unless the graphics were updated. Then I would be sure to pick them up, just like Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD. :smileyhappy:
Dirty_Harry44
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (1,199 Views)
Record Breaker
8398 posts

Jan 31, 2013

but what would be the point in producing an HD version of a game that would then end up looking like GT5 but not be?

Having the tracks and some cars we no longer have, and the challenges that came w/ the game, would seem like the only real reason for it.

But in the end if PD had to produce these remakes themselves and delay GT6, I think I know which I'd choose :smileywink:

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (1,179 Views)
0 Likes