Oct 04 2012
By: Grundberg I Only Post Everything 1357 posts

Got the Dream Drifter trophy!

[ Edited ]
6 replies 279 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

Finally -- after the year and a half this game's been out, I earned the Dream Drifter trophy! Scored just over 11,000 using the Ford Focus WRC 07 '08 at Chamonix. That makes 86% of my GT5 trophies earned.

I know it sounds minimal, but it's a personal milestone for me (considering my aversion to drifting)... Smiley Happy

Trophies left to earn:

• Gran Turismo Platinum Trophy
  • Gold Standard
  • Red Bull X1 Challenge
  • Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge
  • GT-R Official Record
- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 1 of 7 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2071 posts

Re: Got the Dream Drifter trophy!

Oct 4, 2012
Good work Grundberg! I might start working on the last trophies I need.
 photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 2 of 7 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I still havent gotten this... Its a real struggle for me.

I am only at 76% the special events are a challenge, I think If I had a wheel I would do alil better.

Anyway

Congrats Grundberg!!! 

Message 3 of 7 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Grundberg wrote:

Trophies left to earn:

• Gran Turismo Platinum Trophy
  • Gold Standard
  • Red Bull X1 Challenge
  • Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge
  • GT-R Official Record

I've been doing the same thing.  I finally got all the trophies except for the first two (natch) and have been slowly getting golds in each event.  All those GT Academy races were painful, but really helped me up my game. 

On the Sebastien Loeb challenge, I was having a hard time even getting bronze until I read some comments that suggested using SRF.  I did that, and quickly got gold in all the events.  I now realize that option makes GT5 more like an arcade event, but as long as it is there I might as well use it.  (I also used it to help get gold in the Lotus event on the Top Gear track.)

I finally got gold the other night in the Lambo night race in the World Tour.  In that one, SRF is set to "on" and you can't turn it off.  So the challenge is to avoid making all those time-wasting, but fun, power slides and concentrate on getting through the corners quickly.  Still have to gold event #1, the Alfa time trial, which I've heard is a real bear.

Last night, I got gold in the first of the advanced NASCAR races.  The key is to get an "acceleration assist" by jumping in front of the cars so one of them will ram you.  I was able to get behind the leader, but was too far back to catch him.  The trick was to let 2 cars get in front of you and then use #2 to slingshot you so you can catch #1.  Still need to gold #3, which is tough because no one slows down on Daytona.  But I am almost starting to like NASCAR.

EDIT: Just got the last NASCAR gold.  Now I can go back to hating NASCAR.Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7 (236 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44510 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Nice going, Grundberg!

I can't drift on purpose to save my life. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 7 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4561 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Speaking of dream drifters.  Couples should never buy water beds.  They tend to drift apart.  

Sorry, stupid joke, but I like it.

Back to your regular scheduled thread.

Message 6 of 7 (221 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I know what you mean. I'm totally not a fan of drifting and I never do the drift time trials. This trophy, I tried about a dozen times for in today's sitting. It wasn't that bad if you got the first sector right.

But as said, if I can help it...no drifting for me. LOL

EDIT: Oz -- my family had waterbeds when I was a kid. They were awesome! (the waterbeds)

- Grundberg    (PS4 owner since November 2014)

Current library:  Dangerous Golf, Grand Theft Auto V, Madden 15, Mortal Kombat XL, Resogun, Super Stardust Ultra, Uncharted Collection, WWE 2K16
Message 7 of 7 (220 Views)
0 Likes